Fried Chicken and Ice Cream

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

 

Chapter 28

Krys’ POV

“So, what?” Sulli asked me.

“I…” I stopped. Maybe not now.

“I forgot.” I lied and smiled widely.

Taeyeon’s POV

It turned out that I really do have a chicken for a cousin. Many days have passed since the day we saw Yuri and Jessica in the toilet and Tiffany promised to me that she will talk to Jessica. But that still hasn’t happened, because my cousin is a chicken.

It made it harder for Tiffany to approach Jessica because Yuri was always there with her. And those rare times when she was alone, Tiffany would get nervous and she would run away again. This was getting nowhere… what happened to fighting for your love?

I took out my phone and typed in four names.

To: SunBun, SmexYul, Choi Shikshin, Kim Choding

Hey guys! Need some help in bringing the ice and chicken together again. Sunflower at 5?

--Taengoo

 

From: SunBun

Okie! Why is Fany a chicken?

 

From: SmexYul

Let’s use my hotness to melt the ice and fry the chicken :P

BTW I’m bringing Yoong along.

 

From: Choi Shikshin,

Ice-cream and fried chicken?? I’m so in!

 

From Kim Choding,

Is this some kind of game? I’ll come with Seo.

I heaved another sigh after reading the replies of my ‘awesome’ friends. Seems like Sunny is the only sensible one, why did I even bother asking the other three for help?!

Jessica’s POV

Afterschool, Yuri and Yoona ditched me at the gate saying that they had somewhere important to go to.

“Have fun on your date!” I shouted after them and stuck out my tongue when Yuri glared at me while Yoona chuckled nervously. I was left alone.

When did my life become so lonely? Yuri has Yoona. Even Tiffany has Taeyeon to walk home with and Krys has Sulli. I have no one. But this shouldn’t really bother me, should it? Gosh, I miss Tiffany. How can she keep avoiding me?

 

I walked home alone, and there was also no one at home. I wandered around the house for a while: plopping onto the couch to watch some TV, looking through the fridge, washing my face in the bathroom, looking at my collection of novels. Then finally, I dragged myself upstairs and let myself fall onto my big soft bed.

“Sleep, come take me now!” I shouted out into the air.

“NO!” A voice suddenly sounded from the hallway. Krystal came bursting through the door. “Unnie, have you finished the song you were writing with Fany-unnie?”

“What are you talking about?!” I sat up, annoyed that she warded off the sleep that was so close within my reach. “It’s not due until next month. Of couse we’re not done.”

“It’s due next week! Seohyun-unnie said the teacher told her that.” Krys pulled me up by my hands and began dragging me out of the room.

“What are you talking about?!” I repeated, more annoyed than before. “He never told us that!”

“She said he told you guys at the start of class. Maybe you were asleep.” She tried to explain before pushing me out of the front door. “Go quickly to Tiffany. GO!”

“Wha—???” Krystal slammed the door shut in my face. I remained standing in front of the closed door, letting the information slowly try to make sense in my mind.

“OMG. We’re in trouble!” I exclaimed in distress and immediately ran down the road, heading for Taeyeon’s house.

It took less than 5 minutes to get to my destination and I continued running all the way up to Tiffany’s room. I forgot all about our little fight temporarily and I heeded no attention to Sunny, Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun who were sitting in the living room with Taeyeon.

“Fany-ah!” I screamed as I burst through her bedroom door. However, there wasn’t anyone in the room. “Tiffany!”

I spun around in circles trying to locate the girl. At the same time, her pink bathroom door opened and Tiffany stepped out with only a towel wrapped around her.

“TIFF!” I turned around hurriedly when I heard her and stumbled back in surprise. Tiffany, who was frightened by my shout, accidently let go of her towel, letting it drop onto the floor. Both of us froze: Tiffany shocked by my sudden appearance, and I was awestruck by the perfectness of the person standing in front of me.

“AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” It took us only a few seconds to recover from the shock but it took way longer for our ears to stop ringing. We heard footsteps running up the stairs, and Tiffany hurriedly rushed back into the bathroom while I jumped onto the bed.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked, leading a group of confused girls into the bedroom.

“We heard screams.” Sunny finished her sentence and looked around for the other girl. “Where’s Tiffany?”

“She went to the toilet.” I answered, not turning around from where I was lying flat on my stomach on the bed so as not to disclose the lie.

“Then why did you guys scream?”

“Tiffany…” My cheeks automatically flushed at her name that brought up the image back into my mind. “She thought my hand was a bug.”

“Oh ok.” Taeyeon nodded, finding no reason not to believe my lie, and pushed the other girls out of the room. “We’ll be downstairs if you need anything.”

I nodded and stared at them suspiciously, but my attention was immediately diverted when the bathroom door opened and Tiffany stepped out again, this time fully dressed. I gulped and ruffled my hair so that it will cover my bright red ears as I once again was reminded of what happened just a minute ago.

“Hi…” She greeted me nervously and sat down at the edge of the bed.

“Hey.” I smiled at the way she was cutely playing with the end of her pink T-shirt. I sat down on the chair opposite her and tried to continue the conversation. “Did you hear about the due date change of our song project?”

“What due date change?!”

“It’s due next week!”

“But we’re not done!” Tiffany stood up in alarm.

“That’s exactly why I’m here.” I sighed. “We really need to work on it. But…”

“Look Jessi.” Tiffany interrupted me and extended a hand towards me. I took it and continued looking at her in confusion. She heaved a big sigh and bit her bottom lip nervously.

“Gosh you two, just make up and make out already!” A familiar voice shouted at us from outside the room.

“Yah! Byuntae, leave them alone!” Sunny’s voice was also heard followed by some loud footsteps.

“Unnies, remember to finish the assignment!” Seohyun calm voice shouted to us before everything grew quite again.

“I’m sorry.” Tiffany’s statement distracted me from the commotion at the door.

I released my hold on her hand but she gripped mine tighter

“Please Jessi, no. I’m really sorry. Please stop doing this to me.” She pleaded and began to sob.

“Do what? I never did anything. You’re the one who suggested the break.” I stood up as well and snapped back at her.

“That’s why. I was wrong. I was stupid.” Tiffany’s voice softened as she continued. “I need you Jessi.”

My annoyance subsided. Finally… I thought as I waited for her to continue.

“I love you.” Tiffany let go of my hand as she said those three words I’ve been waiting to hear again from her.

“Finally.” A smile lit up my face and brought her into my embrace. “Finally Tiff.”

Tiffany wrapped her arms tightly around my waist. She rested her head on my shoulder and muttered into my ear. “I thought you were angry at me. I thought you hated me.”

“I was, but not anymore. And I can’t ever hate you.” I told her sincerely, taking a step back so that I can see her as I confessed the next sentence. “I love you too much.”

“I love you too.” Tiffany answered with a wide smile. “I always have. I was stupid to not realize it.”

I took a step forward and kissed her gently on her forehead. “I know.”

Tiffany held my shirt tightly in anticipation as I slid my lips down the length of her nose, and then finally placed them over hers. Tiffany relaxed and brought her hands up over my shoulder and entwined them behind my neck while I rested mine on her lower back.

Suddenly a hushed whisper broke the silence of the room. “Hey why is it quiet now? Maybe they made up already?”

“They’re probably in the middle of making up.” Another voice answered with a chuckle. “Wanna go check?”

Another excited giggle answered the second voice.

Tiffany broke away from our kiss and turned towards the door.

“Don’t mind them. Sunny locked the door.”

Just that moment’s Sunny’s shout echoed down the hallway. “Yah you guys, come back downstairs right now! This moment. NOW!”

Footsteps running down the stairs were immediately heard.

“She got that from you.” Tiffany told me as she giggled. I chuckled in agreement.

I stepped around her to sit on the bed and then pulled her onto my lap. “Don’t care about them. I want you to only mind me from now on.”

“My heart already belongs to you.” She said before continuing our kiss.

Yoona’s POV

Taeyeon, Yuri and I ran back down the stairs on Sunny’s command. The short girl was standing at the bottom with her arms on her hips and her eyebrows pointing downwards.

“Didn’t I tell you guys to stay downstairs and let them solve their own problem?” She asked before lunging forward to grab us. Yuri and I quickly escaped from her grasp with our long legs but poor Taeyeon was too slow.

“Ack! Sunny-ah please. I’m sorry!”  Taeyeon struggled helplessly in Sunny’s headlock. “I was just afraid that Tiffany would get hurt again.”

Sunny continued looking at her with a frown, unconvinced by her excuses. Taeyeon started to open her eyes widely and formed a little pout. Our unnie who hates aegyo is now using it on our aegyo queen.

“Please Sunnybun? I was just worried for my cousin.” She said and tugged on Sunny’s shirt to make her look at her when the latter did not look at her puppy eyes.

Sunny stared into the round eyes of the older girl and froze without responding. A tint of red slowly crept up her cheeks and she let go of her hold on her.  “Fine.”

Taeyeon pecked Sunny’s cheek and came running towards where Yuri and I were standing. She pulled us towards the sofas while Sunny remained standing in her place with a dazed look, her cheeks even redder than before.

I watched the short girl as she brought a hand up to her cheek and a smile formed on her lips. Then she shook her head and slapped herself before turning serious again and bouncing her way to us.

Something is going on here…

“Yuri, why did you kiss her?” Taeyeon’s question caught my attention and I snapped back to the conversation the girls were having.

“What? Yuri kissed who?!” I asked quickly since I was zoning out for the first part.

“Jessica-unnie.” Seohyun answered me while Yuri began denying vehemently.

“Oh that.”

“You know?!” The other girls asked me, surprised.

“Yeah.” Now they were shooting daggers at me so I hurriedly changed the topic. “SO what were you guys talking about?”

“Seriously, nothing is going on between us!” Yuri exclaimed in a hurry again. “We’re just friends! And I don’t know why I kissed her. It was probably the spur of the moment.”

That’s not what she told me. I thought as I frowned at her.

“You sure?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes.” Yuri seemed sure.

“Surely sure?” I asked again.

“Yes.” Yuri looked at me and smiled, sincerity showing in her eyes. Ok, I believe her. “I’m sure. There is already someone else in my heart.”

Hey, she never told me about this!I felt my smile waver as I heard her confession. Who is it, Yuri, that captured your heart now?

Why are you smiling at me like that? Can’t you see the disappointment in my heart?