Little Jung's First Date

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

 

Chapter 30 (Part 1)

Minho’s POV

I was really excited for tonight. It was like a dream-come-true. Krystal and I were finally going on date. Even if it’s a double date with Sulli and Taemin, it’s still a date. I mean how different can it be? I couldn’t stop my hands from shaking in nervousness nor could I keep the happy bounce out of my steps as I walked behind the couple who kept turning to look at me with teasing frowns and understanding grins. It felt like it took millenniums to get to Krystal’s house although it was just a few blocks away from Sulli’s.

“Minho oppa, why don’t you do the honor of ringing the bell?” Sulli asked me with a kind smile, jerking me out of the trancelike way I was staring at the door in front of us.

I nodded and stumbled my way up the small flight of stairs. I fumbled for the bell button and hastily pressed it. I cleared my throat, fixed my clothes, and stood up straighter, getting ready to properly greet my girlfriend.

“Who is it?” I heard her ask loudly and footsteps approached the door from the other side.

“I—uh—” The cool Minho was replaced by the stammering love-struck boy while my heart felt as if it was going to explode at the sound of her sweet voice.

“It’s us!” Sulli quickly answered with a chuckle. Taemin shook his head in fake disappointment and patted my shoulder comfortingly.

“Wait a min. I’m coming.” Krystal shouted back and I let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding.

“Chill, hyung. It’s not like you’re going to propose to her.”

“As if you didn’t feel the same way when you had your first date with Sulli.”

Taemin kept mum as my words were correct.

“He wasn’t as bad as you.” Sulli entwined her hand with her boyfriend’s and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “And you were cute like that.”

Taemin’s face turned red and he looked at his shoes shyly with a silly grin on his face. Is that what love does to you? I walked up to him and also patted his shoulder while laughing along with Sulli’s giggles.

“What’s so funny?” A new voice interrupted our gigglefest.

Krystal was standing by the doorway with crossed arms and a slight smile on her face.

“Hey!” Sulli rushed up the stairs and hugged her best friend. Krystal wrapped her arms around the girl’s waist in response and rested her head on her shoulder. Her eyes sought out for mine and I felt my lips curving up with she smiled widely at me.

“Let’s go!” Sulli ran back to Taemin and pulled him away by the hand. “I heard the new amusement park opens today.”

Krystal chuckled at her friend’s childish excitement and walked up to me and held my hand. “Let’s go oppa?”

I nodded happily and we ran after the two who were already way ahead of us. We walked two by two to the bus stop and clambered up the bus when it came. The bus was very crowded as it was a weekend, and we weren’t able to find a place to sit. I held onto the rail above with one hand while holding tight onto Krystal’s hand with another. The bus jostled as it turned a corner too fast. I grabbed the edge of the seat in front me but Krystal lost her footing when a man bumped into her. I quickly pulled her towards me and placed her in between me and the seat. The bus swayed roughly again and I put an arm safely around her waist to prevent her from falling over. They stared at each other with blushing cheeks until a chuckle sounded from beside.

It was Taemin and Sulli who were looking at us with twinkling eyes. They only had their arms around each other’s waists while their feet were firmly rooted onto the floor… unlike us.

“Protective much?” He snickered and gave me a quick brotherly punch.

“You would do the same.” I ignored his teasing tone and he merely shrugged in reply.

Soon the bus slowed down as we arrived at our destination and it disposed of us at the stop. Krystal and Sulli’s eyes began glowing when they saw the entrance and heard the cheerful music coming from inside. Taemin and I paid for the tickets and we hurried through the gates.

We were greeted by two clowns on the other side who were giving balloons to children. Sulli turned towards Taemin with a pout while glancing at the colorful balloons, clearing asking him to get one for her. He dramatically heaved out a sigh and began walking towards them. I looked at Krystal to see if she wants one too and she vigorously nodded. The clowns smiled at the four of us and handed each of us a floating balloon.

 “Oh.” Sulli let out a disappointed sigh when the man put a yellow balloon into her hand.

“What’s wrong?” Krystal immediately asked, noticing the pout that was slowly growing more prominent.

“I wanted a red balloon.”

“Here.” Both Krystal and Taemin offered their red balloons at the same time.

“Uhh… I…” Sulli’s eyes grew wide and she glanced at me as if to ask for help. She held tighter onto the string of her balloon as she tried to make up her mind about whose to take.

Sulli reached out tentatively and bit her bottom lip nervously. She locked eyes with Krystal as she took her red balloon and exchanged it with her yellow one. Immediately Taemin’s hand dropped back to his side and he looked away to hide his disappointment. Noticing her boyfriend’s change in expression, Sulli quickly held his hand, allowing their two red balloons to touch.

“Thank you Krys! I wanted to have the same color as Taemin oppa.”  She gave the two said people a happy grin that reached up to her eyes. Taemin relaxed his shoulders and Krystal looked at her a satisfied smile. “Why don’t you go change your balloon to match colors too?”

Krystal looked at our balloons and fleetingly met my gaze but she shook her head. “It’s ok. I like yellow more than purple.”

“Then I’ll go change mine.” I announced to them before jogging over to the entrance gates. After less than a minute, I jogged back happily with a yellow balloon in my hand. I stood next to my girlfriend and faced her with hopeful eyes, wanting her approval.

Krystal nodded and held my free hand, making me break out into a silly grin, feeling all giddy inside. “Let’s go then.”

~~

“WAHHH!!~~ That was fun!” Sulli exclaimed and ran towards the next game excitedly.

“Hey, wait up!” Taemin once again ran after her before she got too far away into the crowd.

We have been at the amusement park for almost three hours and we have practically ridden all the rides and played all the games. However, there was one place left that we were saving for the last. The place most suitable to go at night. And the sun was already setting behind the white steel beams of the huge Ferris wheel. Just like the sun was tired after shining brightly the whole day, Krystal and I have also began to lose our energy after a whole afternoon of chasing after the couple.

“Come on, you slowpokes! We’re saving a place for you.” Sulli shouted to us from the front of the very long queue at the Ferris wheel.

We caught up with them just as our turn to enter the carriages arrived. The four of us decided to sit separately to have some time with our significant others. Minho sat opposite of me and both of us observed the scenery as the Ferris wheel slowly went up. I glanced at him, feeling awkward since I didn’t know what we were supposed to do. I’ve seen in dramas that couples share romantic kisses while riding this, but…

The chair creaked a little as Minho stood up and took a seat beside me. I looked at him questioningly but he only replied with a smile, so I smiled back and quickly turned away before things can get even more awkward.

“Hey, look! That pond is shaped like a heart!” Minho suddenly exclaimed and pointed out the window on my side. I followed his finger and smiled at the way nature can be romantic. “Isn’t it pretty?”

“Yea—” I nodded and turned my head when I felt someone breathing down my neck. The answer died in my mouth when I realized that our faces were only one centimeter apart. Minho also looked at me straight in the eyes and then strayed down to my lips. I could feel his warm breath on my face and he moved his body closer. My heart began to beat faster and faster, and a tingly feeling filled my stomach. I felt nervous, unsure, not knowing what to do or what I want. Minho leaned in even closer, leaving only about a millimeter in between our lips and our foreheads on each other.

He’s going to kiss me. He’s going to kiss me! O.M.G. He’s going to kiss me!!!!

“OPPA! Wait wait wait…” I turned my head away in the last second. His lips barely grazed against mine.

“What?” He stared at me for a few seconds before breaking away our eye contact. The atmosphere once again turned awkward.

“I-I’m s-sorry.” I mumbled and moved over to the seat opposite him.

Minho was quiet. He just stared out the window with a frown on his face. “I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t have forced you.”

“No. It’s not about you, oppa. It’s me.” I felt bad that I just rejected him. Will this affect our relationship? What if he hates me now? Maybe I should have just let him kiss me. Why did I even move away?!

Minho did not even look at me. He did not talk. He was not smiling anymore. I sighed and sat back down beside him, feeling very guilty inside. I moved forward and quickly give him a kiss on his left cheek. He turned to look at me, his eyes wide with surprise.

“Oppa, I’m really sorry.” Minho smiled and reached for my hand.

“Wow, did Krystal Jung just apologize?!” He faked a shocked expression.

“Oppa!” I slapped his arm playfully. “It’s Jessica-unnie who is the ice princess, not me.”

Minho pinched my cheek and chuckled. “Ok ok. Then you’re my beautiful crystal princess.”

He pulled me into his arms and ran his fingers through my long straight hair.

“You’ll be my princess forever.”

My princess…The two words echoed in my mind. I couldn’t help feel burdened by them, and guilt bit my heart again.

“Hey you two! Time to get going.” A man’s voice interrupted my mind babble. Minho released me and got out first before helping me.

Sulli and Taemin were already waiting for us by the exit of the ride. The sun has already been replaced by the full moon in the night sky. The couple looked tired with Sulli leaning against Taemin and Taemin leaning against the metal pole.

“I guess this means time to go home.” I said as we approached the two.

Taemin nodded while Sulli pouted.

“But I don’t want to go home yet.”

Taemin smiled and leaned down to whisper something into his girlfriend’s ear. Sulli nodded happily and clapped her hands like a little kid.

“Let’s go then!” She walked away, linking arms with her boyfriend, and forgetting about the two of us.

I unconsciously narrowed my eyes and gripped Minho’s hand tighter. I felt… jealous. He looked at me questioningly.

“What’s wrong?” He asked me.

“Nothing. I’m tired. I want to go home.”

Minho just nodded and we followed our friends out the main gate. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I leaned on him slightly. It was nice to have someone protect you, to have someone to lean against, someone you know will never betray you. Minho has been in love with for as long as I can remember. He has approached me many times, asked me to dances, asked me out on dates, but I have always refused… because there was only Sulli in my heart. Even now, she’s still there, but Minho has also taken a part of it for himself.

We headed back to the bus stop together, walking two by two. I looked around at random shops while resting my head on Minho’s shoulder. All of a sudden, something caught my eye.

It was something dark grey, blending in well with the night. It was feathery. It has wings. It was a crow. And Sulli was walking right towards it.

I quickly walked forward to catch up with her and pushed Taemin towards the pigeon. I took Sulli’s hand and led her away in an opposite direction.

 “What the hell?!” Taemin shouted as he struggled to maintain his balance and almost ended up stepping onto the startled bird that hurriedly flew away.

“Krys?” Minho stopped walking when I let go of his hand.

“What are you doing?” Sulli asked and flung away my hand.

I stared at my best friend. I was hurt by her action. I didn’t know her anymore.

“Yah! Tell me. What just happened?”

“There was a pigeon.” I coldly replied and began walking away by myself.

Sulli was surprised and didn’t know what to reply. “But you didn’t need to do that. Taemin-oppa could have shooed it away.”

I stopped when I heard his name. Anger was flaring up inside me.

“Can you stop it?! Taemin-oppa this, Taemin-oppa that. I’m still your best friend Sulli. Have you forgotten that?” I shouted but then I stopped. I bit my bottom lip nervously when Sulli’s eyes began tearing up, not knowning whether to continue or just ignore everything again.


“Krys. How can you say that? You’ll always be my best friend. I know that you have always acted like my knight and treated me like a princess. But now I’ve got my prince and you’ve got yours.” Sulli wiped her eyes and smiled slightly. “It’s time for you to be a princess Krystal. And I’m sorry.”

“Why…” I could feel tears behind my eyes. “Nevermind.”

I walked away before she could say anything else; even just a word from her would be enough to break down my walls.

You’ll always be my little princess, Sulli.

The rest of the walk to the bus stop was quiet and solemn. I walked ahead with Minho only a step behind me, and our hands connecting the two of us.

A bus came and Sulli and Taemin left to go have dinner by themselves. The atmosphere lost some of its tenseness once we were left alone. Minho tugged on my hand and opened his arms, asking for a hug. I stepped in front of him and allowed him to wraps his arms around my waist. I learned against his hard chest and closed my eyes while waiting for our bus to come.

“Krys?” I could feel his vocals vibrating in his throat.

“Hmm?”

“Are you ok?” I could feel his warm breath next to my ear.

“Yeah.”

“Can I ask—” He started to say something but fortunately for me, our bus arrived.

“Hey oppa, let’s go.” I interrupted him and began up the stairs.

Minho did not continue saying anything on the bus since it was too crowded, but it was obvious that something was bothering him as he kept sighing and glancing at me. Whenever our eyes met, he would give me a nervous smile to which I would reply with my own tight-lipped one. What happened to our happy first date?

Ten long silent minutes later, the bus finally arrived at our stop. Minho got off first and helped me down. We walked back to my house, side by side but not touching. It didn’t take long to get to my house since it was just around the corner. We stopped at the base of the stairs and faced each other awkwardly.

“Oppa, thanks for today.” I said the first thing that came into my mind. “I had fun.”

“Sure… your welcome?” He smiled that weird smile again.

“Ok then, I’ll see you at school?” I began to back away step by step.

“Wait!”

“Yes, oppa?”

“Can we talk?” Who in this world can say no to those hopeful eyes? Me. I’ve said that two lettered word to him more times than I can count.

I nodded and went up a few steps to sit and sat down at the top of the stairs. I patted the place next to me and beckoned for him to come over. He sat down beside me and heaved another sigh.

“What’s wrong oppa?” I asked him worriedly.

 “Why did you accept me?” He looked at me, his voice low and serious. “Why all of a sudden?”

I looked away, my heart once again filling up with guilt. “I’m sorry, oppa. I cannot answer that right now.”

“Why…” He asked again softly, almost as if asking himself.

“I can’t… But oppa, I do like you.” I reached for his hand and held it securely with both of mine. “And I also have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” Minho asked me eagerly, willing to listen to anything I have to say.

“Oppa, I’m leaving after this school year.”

“Leaving? To where? America?” His smile faded away.

“Yeah. I’m going back.”

“Why? Is Aunty or Jessica-noona going with you?”

“No. I got accepted into a boarding school last Friday.”

He nodded and remained silent.

“Oppa, don’t tell anyone yet.”

“Not even Sulli?”

“No.” I looked away and stood up. “I’ll tell her when it’s time.”

He rose to his feet and brought me into a hug. “I understand. But I don’t think I’m ready to let you go.”

Then what should I do?

 

 

soorrrrryyyyy i took forever to update. but school's over so i'm hopin i will be able to write more :)

and also. sorry no jeti this update, but i've posted another jeti one-shot. be sure to check it out!~

cya tomorrow with part 2.