SunYeon Special~

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

A/N: well, i made it in time... not really but anyways here it is. my sunyeon special for my special friend Nat. :D happy birthday dear, eat a lot of nutty cakes hehe i hope u like this update and well the beginning cuz i kinda wrote it in a rush. i'll come back and edit it... someday :P anyways we discussed some parts tgt remember hehehehe so i guess i hav to thank you too or give u some credit for the goldfish idea hehe. whatever. again. happy birthday! have a great year. u rock. u awesome. u cutieeee hehehehe

to all my other readers. this story is not off hiatus yet.. sorry. this was just a special update. i actually hav no time to write anything much these days :( and no jeti thsi update. so sorry. but anyways, this is cute so i hope you enjoy it nevertheless

a special shout out to my wangjanim cuz i miss her. dude where are you??

comment, upvote, subscribe!~

EDITED: sorry guys i just realized right now that this chapter was cut when i uploaded it yesterday! well now.. enjoy fully ^^

 

Taeyeon’s POV

It was after school and having nothing to do, I had followed Sunny to her café to help her work (or to sneak some cookies into my bag to eat for supper).

“I know what you’re thinking, Taengoo. You’re not getting any cookies, I’ll make sure of that!” Sunny jabbed my side with her elbow and frowned at me teasingly, speaking as if she had read my mind.

“Ha ha ha.” I laughed nervously and smiled genuinely when she linked our arms together.

The little cozy shop was aromatic and comfortably crowded as it always was at this time of the day. We saw some of our classmates and schoolmates when we walked in, most smiling or waving at us, but an unexpected greeting stopped us in our tracks.

“Hi SunYeon!” Yoona and Yuri were sitting at our usual table, simultaneously grinning widely and shadily. Well, it was still April’s Fool after all.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked curiously while I stood by them, waiting for Sunny to join us again after fetching her apron and notepad.

Earlier in the day, Tiffany had told me that she thought there was something going on with the twin troopers. Not the usual foolish joking trickery but a weird tension between the two and something about tears. I wasn’t sure though but looking at the two now, there seemed to be no scratches or tears in their relationship. Wait, they seem to be having a slight awkwardness that wasn’t there before.

“Taengoo, why are you glaring at Yoong and Yul like that?”

“Huh?” I started out of my observations when Sunny came up behind me and placed a hand on my back casually.

“Look they have turned into statues under you stare.”

Yoona and Yuri were sitting stiffly in their seats with stiff smiles on their faces, looking the most uncomfortable I’ve seen them.

“Well they make pretty statues.” I gave them my byuntaeng smirk to lessen their awkwardness around each other and us.

“Prettier than me?” Sunny jokingly asked, poking my arm and doing very cute poses.

“Nope.” I stuck my tongue out but was startled when the teasing banter wasn’t continued. Instead, hurt flashed through Sunny’s downcast eyes and her lips puckered into a little adorable pout.

Panic ran through my mind and I said the first thing that came to my mind. “But you’re the cutest!”

Sunny’s eyes lit up and rose up to meet mine, curving into upside down crescents. With her blushing cheeks, twinkling eyesmile, and ear-to-ear grin, Sunny was really at one of her cutest moments.

“AWWWWEEEEE, SunYeon <3 <3 <3!” Yoona and Yuri exclaimed together again.

I was confused but Sunny seemed to understand something as her cheeks became even more aflame.

“ALRIGHT!” Sunny suddenly interrupted everything loudly, slamming her hand and notepad down on the table. “You two, have you ordered?”

YoonYul gulped and nodded like obedient scared children.

“Good, then I’ll be back with your order Taengoo.” Sunny gave me a shaky—or was it shy—smile and ran away into the kitchen.

“Hey, b-but!” I tried to call after her but she was gone. “I haven’t even told you what I wanted…”

I finished the sentence to myself, mumbling. “Oh well.”

I was about to sit down across YoonYul who were still staring at me when I realized I had something I had wanted to do since on the way to the café.

“Wait a minute, guys. I’ll be back.” I waved at my two companions as I made my way to the toilet.

As I had my back turned, I unfortunately failed to notice the smirk that the two troublemakers shared. In my pherephiral vision, Yoona was making her way towards Sunny at the cashier while Yuri remained sitting at our table, looking through her bag. I put their actions out of my mind and just hurried through processing my needs.

It seemed like I should have been more cautious with the two tall rascals because while I was pulling up my shorts again, I heard footsteps entering the bathroom.

“You said which one?” Sunny’s voice could be heard from the outside.

“The middle one.” Yuri’s voice answered.

The middle one? The middle what? Wondering, I opened the door of my stall just as someone pushed the door in from the other side with a lot of force.

Sunny came hurtling straight into me, subsequently also knocking me backwards back onto the toilet seat, caught by surprise. Behind us the door was pulled closed and locked with a secure click. Sunny looked up from where she was sprawled, half on me and half on the floor, and it felt like déjà vu when our shocked eyes met. Her cheeks were flushed for some reason and mine followed along when I realized that with Sunny in that awkward position, I could see clearly down her sleeveless tee.

Yah, byuntae! Stop looking down your best friend’s shirt… even if she has the best assests around town. And her S line. And her proportions even though her height is more on the adorable side like me. It’s your job to protect them from byuntaes, even you!

The job of convincing myself to look away was working out fairly badly until Sunny moved to get onto her feet and the metal tool that she was holding in her right hand was accidently shoved into the side of my hips.

“Owwwwww!” I screamed, pushing her hand away immediately and rubbing the injured area in pain.

“Omgosh, Taengoo. I’m so sorry!” Sunny jerked back and fell down on her , waving her hammer around while apologizing furiously.

“Sunny! Calm down! I’m okay,” I slowly extended a free hand and waited until the other girl nervously grabbed it.

The two girls stood face-to-face, silently observing each other, one concerned and the other distracted. After a few awkward smiles, Taeyeon cracked a dorky grin, sitting back down on the covered toilet seat to relax.

“So, I guess we’re lock inside the toilet together again huh?”

Sunny pouted and tried to wiggle the doorknob to attempt to open but to no avail. She just placed her hammer on the ground and leaned against the wall of the stall with a sigh.

“Those two… I thought they were fighting but now they’ve done it again. What are we going to do with them?”

The pouting face suddenly turned towards me; the cuteness of the expression overwhelmed me. Before I had known that Sunny can be a ball of bright sunshine and happiness but it hadn’t registered in my mind how truly adorable she can be, as other people often say, until that moment.

“W-well, at least it’s y-you I’m st-stuck with.” Why the hell was I stuttering and wh—wow!

“Right?” Sunny chirped, eyes turning into crescents.

Wow, her eyesmile! It looks like…someone… someone’s eye… smile… just wow… so… beautiful.

“I’m fine with anything as long as I’m with you!” Sunny continued, smiling even wider with cheeks tinged a pretty red.

My mind puttered into a stillstop when I realized those eyesmiles were aimed at me, created by my words. Mine! … Wait what am I thinking?

Color rose to my cheeks as well as I noticed that Sunny was growing shy under my awestruck gaze that had been lingering a few ten seconds too long, and the random direction my thoughts were taking me.

“Sunny jjang!” I hid my embarrassment and sudden nervous behind my dorkniess, showing her two thumbs.

Sunny laughed, doing a little cheering body wiggle to play along.

“Oh! Doesn’t this remind you of when we were younger?” Pushing herself off the wall, she stood up straight and stepped in front of me, looming over me due to our positions.

“When we were younger?”

“When I was taller than you. Before you had that mini growth spurt in middle school.”

Seeing Sunny crossing her arms in a fake bossy manner and peering down at me over the end of her nose, I couldn’t help but chuckle at the memories it brought.

“Oh those prehistoric times?”

“Hey it wasn’t that long ago! Only like… a little more than a decade?” Sunny pouted again, oozing cuteness. Just as I retained my baby face over those ten long years, Sunny had kept her innate adorableness that had made me befriend the then taller girl at the start.

“Anyways, back then you treated me as if I was an angel sent from heaven to you.” Sunny smirked.

I scoffed, even though it was true. “You were just a little bunny who happened to get stuck with the only other animal in room.”

“We were always put together by other people since then, weren’t we?” Her smile grew warm, the kind that sent a tingle down my spine as if something good is about to happen.

“Maybe we’re just meant to be.” I smiled back sincerely at her.

Flashback: ‘a little more than a decade’ ago, during ‘those prehistoric times’

The second grade children had been sent home with an assignment by their homeroom teacher to dress up as their favorite thing for show-and-tell on Friday. Everyone was excited and the end of the week couldn’t come soon enough.

It was Friday morning. Taeyeon stood in front of her mother who was currently zipping up her gold sequined goldfish onesie at the back. The little child had chosen to dress as her little goldfish, Goldilocks, which was her favorite thing in her world after her Appa and Umma and Oppa and Stephanie.

“Umma, do I look pretty?” Little Taeyeon asked her mother, waving her hands that were attached to shiny silver fins.

“You are the cutest goldfish in the world, Taengoo.” Mrs. Kim smiled proudly at her daughter and patted her golden to motion for her to start walking out of the room. “Sweetie, you will need to hold your tail when you walk so that it doesn’t get dirty, okay?”

The onesie that they had bought was normal sized for young children but our Taeyeonie was smaller than most kids her age so her mother had to customize two holes for her legs to come out of and the tail was dragging along on the ground like a wedding dress’s trail. Nevertheless, the child was happy with what she had and was very excited to show off her favorite thing to her classmates and teacher.

Unfortunately, the excitement didn’t last long after Taeyeon stepped into her classroom, her tail securely held in her fins. All the other girls in the grade were dressed up as their princess dolls or barbies while the boys looked like robots or superheroes.

“Hey Taeyeon!” One of the friendlier classmates bounced over to her in her pink puffy dress, looking like a piece of colored cotton candy. “I’m dressed as my lastest Barbie. What are you today?”

“Goldilocks!” Taeyeon released her tail and glamourously stretched her fins out. The silver and gold sequins on the fabric caught the light overhead and sparkled as if waterdrops were glittering in the sunlight.

“Wowwwwww!” Her classmate watched, entranced, but then frowned. “Goldilocks? But isn’t Goldilocks a normal girl? Why are you dressed as a mermaid then?”

“Mermaid?” Taeyeon asked, looking around her to see if anyone was dressed up as the mermaid that her friend was talking about. “What mermaid?”

“Your costume!” The girl exclaimed.

“Oh…” Taeyeon cocked her head to one side, confused. “But I’m a goldfish though. My goldfish, Goldilocks.”

“HUH? You’re a goldfish?” The pink princess said as if being the animal was derogatory.

“Yeah…?”

“Okay.” With no more words, the classmate turned around and left Taeyeon at the entrance of the classroom. Maybe the girl wasn’t one of the friendly ones after all.

Sulking and almost in tears, Taeyeon dropped her fins to her sides, picked up her tail again, and quietly went to sit down at her seat by herself. Her scales seemed to have lost a bit of their shine, influenced by the negative mood of the child. She was just sitting there, looking down at her empty table, trying to keep her tears at bay, when she noticed a furry blob of white jumping up and down out of the corner of her left eye. Taeyeon curiously turned her head and her eyes widened in happiness when she saw a bunny. Well, not a real animal bunny of course, but a girl dressed up as a little white rabbit. The bunny girl really looked like a real bunny, complete with the fluffy tail and jumping. Just as Taeyeon turned to stare, the bunny turned her way. Their eyes met and the latter broke out into a wide eyesmile. Taeyeon watched, amazed, as the bunny came hopping over towards her.

“Hello!” The bunny said.

“Hi?” Taeyeon replied, shy.

“I see you’re a goldfish. You’re very pretty!” The bunny continued excitedly. “I’m Sunny Bunny.”

“I’m Taeyeon. And you’re very cute.”

“I know.” Sunny grinned even wider and bent forward to be face-to-face with her new friend. “What’s with the sad face? You should come stand in the lights with me so that you can shine!”

Taeyeon shook her head worriedly and sadly. “No, they don’t like me because I’m a goldfish.”

“Who cares?! You’re more beautiful than any of them!” Taking her hands in hers, Sunny pulled Taeyeon up and put a smile on the goldfish’s face with her words. “Well, you’re pretty and I’m cute. The two of us can beat all of them.”

With that, Taeyeon’s smile grew into a dorky grin as she held Sunny’s hand back and let the slightly taller girl lead her to join the other classmates.

~~

Present day

“You made such a cute small goldfish!” Sunny fawned, half teasing.

“Shut up, it wasn’t like you were that much taller than me!” Taeyeon retorted and stuck her tongue out. This wasn’t a topic she would let go without a fight.

“Oh please, back then I could easily see the top of your head.”

“Well, that was in the prehistoric past. What matters is now. And now, I’m taller than you.”

“PSH! By what? A millimeter?”

“Taller is taller, okay? I can totally look down on you!” Taeyeon stood on her tiptoes to prove her point, looking down at Sunny.

The now shorter girl playfully glared while crossing her arms over her chest. “Oh yeah? And what do you see?”

"Uhhh..." I actually looked down and what I saw once again made my words stuck in my gaping mouth and my eyes stuck on the sight. "s..."

The only word in my mind distractedly fell down towards a wide-eyed red-faced bunny.

"Yah! You byuntaengoo!" Sunny quickly slapped one hand over the top of her neckline and stuffed the other in my face to stop me from oogling her chest. The force of her push knocked me back down onto the toilet seat behind me.

Laughing, I peeled each of her fingers off my face amd smirked at her beet red cheeks.

"Actually it'd have been pretty nice too if you were still taller than me."

"Y-you don't say..." Sunny tried to scoff but her embarrassed stuttering threw her sarcasm off.

"That way I could have gotten acquainted more face-to-face with these precious babies of yours." I completed my sentence as I pulled her towards me by wrapping my arms around her waist.

In her surprise, her hands flew up into the air to balance her sliding body, thus freeing her chest for me to snuggle into as I had intended. She was so warm and soft and comfortable. I heaved a small content smile, burrowing my face into her bosom.

"Yah! You... byun... Taengoo..." Sunny had her fingers entangled in my hair, holding my head, not in place but not pushing me away either. Her words trailed off softly and she stood, staring at the wall blankly while pouting unconsciously, her pink blush cutely highlighting her high cheekbones.

"Bunny, you're still as adorable after all these years." I told her, looking up at her with my chin still resting against her s.

"And you still have your baby face." She replied, smiling wistfully.

"Is that bad?" I copied her pout.

My rare display of aegyo made her stop and stare for a while, expression unreadable. "No, you're beautiful."

The sudden coyness I felt from the sincere comment made me hide my face in her chest again, eliciting a few soft giggles from her.

"Oh another thing about this position," I spoke up upon remembering. "It's fitting, because I have always looked up to you... even though I'm supposed to be the unnie. You are always there for me from the start and I honestly don't know what I would be without you."

The lighthearted jabbering took a turn towards heartfelt seriousness.

"You mean a lot to me too, Taengoo." Sunny cooed to me, running her fingers through my tresses.

"Sunny-ah, I know you are hiding something from me," I finally voiced out the thought that had been lingering in the back of my mind all this time. "Can you tell me?"

Sunny smiled in that incomprehensible way again.

"I've been saying it so many times. You are just not listening correctly. Oh Taengoo, what am I to do with you?"

"I don't know..." I thought of something to say to take our minds off the convoluted words for a while. "Love me?"

Sunny just chuckled and pressed my head further against her. "I already do."

I vaguely heard her whisper with my ears blocked by her but before I could ask anything, the door to our stall slammed open.

"My my! This was absolutely not what I was expecting to see when I heard the toilet door was stuck. Especially not between my baby sis Kyu and baby Yeon!"

Sunny and I broke apart from our intimate embrace when we heard the familiar voice. Sunny's oldest sister, Ida, was standing at the doorway with a hammer in her hand and a smirk on her lips.