Misunderstanding

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

Taeyeon’s POV

I ran back to the auditorium as quickly as possible after talking with Mr. Han. It’s not that I don’t trust Jessica, I just don’t like leaving Tiffany with someone she hardly knows. I can’t believe I left the two of them behind together, I guess I became soft when I saw that my words are hurting Jessica. How can I know that she isn’t going to use my poor cousin to get her revenge on me? Maybe I made a mistake of leaving Tiffany alone with Jessica…

I pushed the door open and looked towards the stage, but no one was there. I ran down the stairs hurriedly in the dark, panic and anger starting to rise inside me.

“Tiffany??!!” I called out loudly when I got to the bottom of the stairways.

“Taeyeon? Shhh. I’m over here, in the front row.” a voice replied from somewhere in front of me.

I walked back into the dark and almost stepped onto Jessica’s leg.

“Eek! What are you guys doing here?” I shrieked, surprised.

“SHHHHH! Jessi’s gonna wake up if you keep on shouting like that.” Tiffany turned towards Jessica who has fallen asleep on her shoulder and lightly patted her head.

“ok.. but why is she asleep when I told her to take care of you?” I whispered as I took a seat on the other side of Tiffany.

“I don’t want her to become sleep deprived because she has to look after me. I’m safe here anyway and I can wake her up whenever I need help.” Tiffany replied while the sleeping girl’s head.

I wonder how Jessica would react if she was awake right now. kekeke. Fany would probably have to suffer from Hellsica. Just thinking about it makes me get the shivers.

I looked at Jessica who was sleeping peacefully on Tiffany’s shoulder and Tiffany who has now leaned her head on Jessica’s, and unconsciously smiled. I have never seen such a peaceful sight as this before. Jessica doesn’t usually revealed this side of her to anyone, this nonviolent and relaxed side that becomes visible only when she is asleep or when she is with someone she totally trusts.

“Tae? Why is Jessica so mean towards you? She seems like a nice person to me.” Tiffany’s quiet voice broke into my thoughts.

“She is,” I was still staring at the pair beside me. “a good person.”

“Then why don’t you two get along well? You were once close with Jessica right?”

I sighed, I didn’t want to think or talk about this. “I was. I want to be again, but it’s not that simple Fany. Something happened and she will never forgive me.”

Tiffany was silent for a while as she thought about what I just said.

“Why isn’t it simple? Do you really think she won’t forgive you? Have you tried? You can tell me Taeyeon. I’ll be here to listen to you whenever you are ready.”

“I.. umm, I” I coughed as if to clear my throat, this is the first time telling what actually happened to somebody. “Jessica and I used to go out.”

I stopped to look at how Fany would respond. Tiffany had a wide smile on her face.

“What?” I asked annoyed.

“I kinda guessed that part already by the way you two talk to each other. So go on.”

How did she know? So much for being blind, her smartness covers up her shortcoming.

“So.. we were doing fine.. until few months ago. Claire, the girl who was talked to us at the end of Art yesterday, she threatened to tell Omma, Appa, and Sica’s parents about the relationship and hurt Sica if I don’t do what she tells me to do. At first it was ok, she just asked me to help her with her homework and stuff. But last month, she told me to kiss her but I told her that I won’t.  She told Sica’s sister, Krystal that Jessica and I were going out. Luckily Krystal was fine with the relationship and she kept shut. But Claire clearly proved that she will our parents if I don’t follow her commands.

“I didn’t know that she had it all set up. I told Claire that I would kiss her but all this foolishness should stop. She agreed and.. so I did. I gave her what she wanted, but Jessica saw me do it. Claire knew that Sica saw and she slapped me as if I was the one making a move on her. Jessica misunderstood everything and thought that I was cheating on her. She got angry and broke up with me. I tried to tell her the truth but she won’t listen to me! I got mad at her for not trusting me and swore at her one day. Our relationship started going downhill and that’s why Jessica is mean to me. I started all this… You know Fany? It hurts for me to be mean towards her. I can see the sadness, hurt and anger in her eyes whenever Sica looks at me. Claire wanted us to break up so that she can get Jessica. I should have seen her plan.. but I didn’t! Oh it was so dumb of me to believe her! I wish everything will be okay again. I always end up hurting the ones I love most. First Sunny.. and now Sica…”  Tears were flowing out for my eyes and I’m starting to get hiccups. I don’t know what to do any more…

Tiffany put an arm around me and pulled me close to her.

“That was pretty stupid of you to get mad at Jessica. But well, it happens I guess. Now this is what I call complicated… how can Claire be so mean? At least she didn’t fully get what she wanted. I will try talking to Jessica, and try to persuade her into talking to you. If you talk unkindly back to Jessica, it will be like encouraging her to keep on being mean to you. So just try to be friendly to her again. It’s the same with Sunny. Both of them seem to want to be friends with you again.”

I nodded as she wiped my tears away and patted my head like she did with Jessica. Fany took Sica’s hand and put my hand in it, and then she put her hand around ours.

“She’ll understand. Like you said, she is a good person.” Tiffany smiled and then froze as Jessica stirred in her sleep.

“tif..fa..ny” Jessica said sleepily. Her hand slid out from under mine and grabbed Fany’s tightly. Then she did something I totally don’t expect her to ever do...

Jessica smiled widely.

 

heylo!!! i'm back quite quick this time! :D its just cuz i might take some time to update again. i am having trouble writing. too much hw and projects :( but i'll try! my mood changes all the time in like seconds so ya. i hope you liked this chapter. plzz comment cuz it makes my brain come up with better ideas! i'll be back!~