Reacquainted

You are Special

Lay laid in bed that night, Chen was fast asleep in his own bed off on his right side. He had left practice as soon as it ended, specifically when he saw Kai laying his head on Bunny’s lap. Dance practice hadn’t gone well like he had hope, he kept messing up and doing the wrong steps. The dance director kept noticing his mistakes and calling him out on it which would then make them all start the dance over again, that’s why practice ran for so long. Then during the break where he saw Kai and Bunny dancing together, it threw him off even more. Seeing them dance so well together and on beat, he felt hurt since he was the first one to dance with Bunny. Lay had felt like it had meant something special that he was the one to have danced with her all those times in their accidental practice rendezvous. He thought he looked better dancing by her side as he watched Kai do the shoulder shrug move while side stepping. 

After that, dance practice kept going downhill from there as he continued to mess up over and over again. His mood was sour by the end of practice from messing up so much and seeing Kai and Bunny dance together. So Kai getting close and Bunny being comfortable with it was just the cherry on top to his day, leading him to march out of the dance practice room, slamming the door way too hard but he didn’t really care. Cause all he was asking himself was why was he getting so upset over Kai getting close to Bunny? 

 He tried rationalizing with himself, telling himself that the other members should pay more attention to Bunny and be more close to her. That him, Tao, and Xiumin couldn’t be the only ones to be close to her, that she needed to have a wide range of friends. But still through all his rationalizing the Chinese male felt like there was a heavy weight on his chest, even with all his sighing. 

```````````

“So we’re going to be doing something different than just our normal practices” Manager hyung said to the boys early next morning.

Instantly all the boys were surprised, trying to figure out what ‘different’ meant.

“We’re going to be doing some different dance practices from now on” he continued looking down into a packet, flipping papers over and over.

“What does that mean?” Suho raised his hand as he asked.

“From now until the comeback song releases some trainees of a girl group will be joining your dance practices and recordings to see what it’s like, and also for the SM family to be close” Manager hyung explained in further depth. 
 
After Manager hyung was done explaining he left the boys to enjoy their day off.  Xiumin’s phone ran.he raised an eyebrow seeing an unknown number displayed across the screen. 


“Hello?” he answered.

“Hey um Minseok its Yongguk” the rapper’s deep baritone rang through the phone.

“Oh? Hey it’s been awhile?” Xiumin was sort of awkward, they hadn’t talked since Bunny’s performance.

“Yeah it has, listen I called cause we’ve been worried about Bunny ever since the incident happened and heard that she wasn’t accepting to see anyone especially males, but we wanted to come see how she has been since we’ve heard that she’s been dancing again, would that be okay?” Yongguk’s voice shook a bit.

Xiumin bit his lip, Bunny didn’t have any practices today so they could, but he had planned on them all hanging out.

“Zelo’s been really worried about her since, you know, he claims her as his mom and it’s been a few months now” Xiumin could tell Yongguk really wanted to see Bunny.

“Yeah, yeah that’s fine, she uh doesn’t have any practices today so you can all come see her” Xiumin nodded as if he’d be able to see it.

“Really? Thank you Minseok, the boys will be so happy” 

Their conversation didn’t last long after that with Yongguk saying they’d be over in a few hours. Xiumin sighed, looking at all the members lounging around the living room. Maybe it'd be good for Bunny to hang out with some other people that weren’t just the Exo boy and the F(x) girls. His eyes landed on a certain member that was sitting on the couch reading a book, round reading glasses perched on his straight nose.

 

 

 

 

~~~

sorry for the short update, but we're getting very close to the end now