As they were

You are Special

 

Authors Note: Okay so I noticed a few things when I reread my old chapters, and revised a few things. But from now on Bunny will call Xiumin Gege and not Oppa since she is Chinese and not Korean.  But here is a pretty long chapter to make up for the time that I was on hiatus and hope you enjoy!!!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yixing!”

 

The front door was slammed open as a dark aura flooded the dorm instantly. All the members in the living room jumped and immediately looked to see who was the one that yelled.  But upon looking at the shadowed face of Xiumin who stood stiff and grounded at the front door, they went scrambling, Luhan and Chen screamed  darting to the balcony for safety when Xiumin took his first step front door. Of course Tao whimpered jumping into Kris’s protective arms thinking he would get in trouble again, his last punishment was still not over. But the one Xiumin was looking for didn’t even notice the chaos or the tension in the air as he had his purple beats pulled over his ears again. His floppy brown hair bounced as he bobbed his head, his arms popping and swaying this way as he planned a dance routine. But the light that was shining through the curtains of the balcony suddenly was gone as Xiumin interfered. This is what made him look up to see Xiumin’s murderous eyes.

 

Lay squealed seeing Xiumin’s hands come up slowly, he was too familiar with his hand movement. The dancer’s body  flipped over the armrest of the loveseat he was sitting on, falling onto the floor while he sputtered out words. He didn’t know what he did, but it couldn’t have been good from the looks of it. As Lay had fallen, his purple beats fell off letting him hear Xiumin whisper his full name, and not his stage name, underneath his breath. This was not good, Lay staggered to his feet putting his hands up defensively trying to reason with Xiumin for a reason he didn’t know yet. Lay looked at the other members for help, but Luhan and Chen just hide behind the door of the balcony just watching it happen. Kris was kind of glued and held in place on the couch as Tao hide behind the larger member. Lay heavily sweated as his back bumped into a wall and he was Xiumin’s hand raise up again from his side. The dark cloud around Xiumin was so thick, it practically suffocated Lay when he was close enough. Nonsense was spilling from Lay’s lips, mostly just I’m sorry for a reason he wasn’t even sure about. But seeing Xiumin not backing down, he closed his eyes thinking that this was his end. Good bye life, good bye dancing career, it was nice while it lasted.

 

“Thank you”

 

Huh?

 

Lay opened his eyes to see the dark cloud around Xiumin was gone and that his hand was actually not going to choke him out but was up in a handshake formation. The other members were surprised as well, all coming out of hiding to see if that is what Xiumin had actually said. Lay blinked seeing that instead of a murderous looking on the shorter member’s face, there was a soft smile.

 

“What?” Lay was really shocked.

 

“Thank you” Xiumin repeated.

 

Okay, everyone as still confused.

 

“I’m thanking you for everything you’ve done for Bunny, I know I was ready to bit your head off earlier when you guys told me your plan to pretend to be her boyfriend, but then Bunny told me something earlier” Xiumin started to explain, rubbing the back of his head.

 

(At the mall)

 

Xiumin tried to not show his annoyance when he heard Bunny say Lay’s name with such a grin. He had to get to the bottom of this.

 

“Oh yeah, why do you like Lay gege?” Xiumin’s eyebrow twitched a bit as he asked.

 

“I don’t know, Lay gege is really nice” Bunny shrugged making Xiumin just a tad bit annoyed.

 

“Before Lay gege and I danced, I was scared of Xiumin gege and all the Exo gege’s” Xiumin’s eyes were a bit surprised as Bunny started to explain.

 

“Bunny doesn’t know why she was scared or didn’t want to be around or touched by the Exo gege’s, but Bunny was scared”, Xiumin noticed that she started to talk to her in third person, “until Lay gege showed Bunny that he was really nice and soft, and that Xiumin gege was also nice and soft.”

 

“Lay gege showed Bunny that she didn’t need to be scared, he brought me back to Xiumin gege” Xiumin’s eyes widened, his throat choked up a bit.

 

(Dorm)

 

“I don’t know what you did, but you helped her,  Bunny is autistic but even she realizes that she isn’t the same like she was a couple weeks ago. And she knows it’s all thanks to you, Yixing. So thank you, for helping my sister and for being the one to be there when I failed” tears started to brim his eyes as he spoke.

 

“Minseok, man it’s okay please” Lay reached out to Xiumin to comfort him.

 

“Please Yixing, just thank you, thank you for being there when I couldn’t be” tears slid down Xiumin’s face as he continued to speak.

 

“It’s okay you didn’t fail at anything, you’ve done the best you could’ve been doing” Lay put a hand on Xiumin’s back as the smaller member started to sob.

 

“I’m sorry I just” Xiumin couldn’t even talk through his sob.

 

“Don’t be sorry, I understand it’s okay, you don’t have to speak” Lay squeezed Xiumin’s shoulder softly.


The other members that had been watching completely understood what Xiumin had been trying to say, and stepped in to comfort the sobbing member. They stood around him, putting a reassuring hand on his shoulder or back telling him things will be okay. Xiumin kept apologizing, but they told him to shut up, that he had nothing to be sorry about.

 

Things after that day were almost s normal as they were before the incident. Even Bunny’s therapist had noticed a change in the girl’s demeanor over the past couple days. She had gone to the nursing home that Bunny had stayed at her whole life and had gotten a few tapes to see how she was before the incident. From what she had seen, being mostly isolated and alone, except for those times she would talk to the nurses or other patients, for the majority of her life had made her distant, socially awkward, and would explain the aggressive fits she had from time to time. But then from she had heard from the EXO members, after living with them Bunny became talkative, bright, expressive. Then after the incident she converted back to the way she was at the nursing home; quiet, timid. Up until recently to where she is back to being a chatterbox, and was even dancing again.

 

“I’m glad to hear that she has accepted a performance and is practicing again” Dr. Kim said as she stood up from her desk.

 

‘She told you? Yeah Bunny was really happy when she got asked to perform by Jiyong again” Xiumin nodded grinning.

 

“I know that Bunny is having a fast recovery, but I’d like her to keep visiting me for a little while longer just to be sure” she said as she wrote their next appointment time on a post-it for Xiumin.

 

“Yes ma’me, I understand” Xiumin nodded before bowing and taking his leave.

 

Bunny was standing in the lobby watching the TV while Xiumin and her therapist talked. She had another dance practice after this with BIGBANG, and was kind of antsy with excitement.The last time she was supposed to perform with them, she had to drop out because of the incident. Though she doesn’t remember the incident, she remembers hearing Xiumin on the phone with Jiyong saying how he was sorry that she wouldn’t be able to do the performance anymore. Jiyoung fully understood and appreciated that Xiumin called him.  Xiumin was done talking to the therapist and Bunny bounced to her feet.

 

“Here’s your bag, okay?” Xiumin had to stop Bunny from running off without her gym bag.

 

“Sorry gege” Bunny turned back to her brother seeing him hold out her light blue gym bag.

 

“It’s okay, but remember I won’t be able to pick you up but Kyrstal will be the one to pick you up okay?” Xiumin had his own dance practice to go to.

 

“Okay” Bunny made an O with her thumb and forefinger to let him know she was listening.

 

Xiumin gave his usual speal of drinking lots of water, don’t over practice or you’ll injure yourself. Bunny just nodded and made the O with her forefinger and thumb to everything he was saying until he ran out of things to say. At this point Bunny was too anxious to go practice and gave him a quick hug before bolting inside the building yelling him to have a good practice. Xiumin pouted, he knew she was ready to get back to dancing but still, he couldn’t help but worry. That was his job was a big brother.

 

The dance practice didn’t go how Bunny thought it would be. All the dance practices that Bunny had gone through with her brother and B.A.P were all serious and would go on for hours. There wouldn’t be one moment where they weren’t dancing except for maybe a ten minutes break here and there. But with BIGBANG it was all just fun. Seunghyun was so stiff when he tried dancing that the other members would start laughing and mess up causing them to stop. Taeyang kept doing his own moves that Seungri and Seunghyun would try to imitate horribly. Daesung’s voice cracked when he tried doing a high note that it actually caused Bunny to break from her concentration to kind of just stare and process what happened. Bunny laughed as Seunghyun accidentally started the foot swivel on the wrong foot making Jiyong push him for messing up again.

 

“Yah! It’s the right foot! The right foot!” Jiyong smiled as he yelled pointing to Seunghyun’s left foot.

 

“I’m sorry” Seunghyun laughed, his deep laugh echoed the room.

 

“Yah Hyung, that’s the third time should we not even include a dance in the performance anymore?” Taeyang teased sitting on the floor.

 

That’s how practice went for a good three hours until they finally were able to do the whole routine without messing up a few times in a row. By that time Krystal had already come by and was waiting outside in the car with Amber. Bunny bowed to the members, bidding them good night as they did the same telling her she did well. As soon as Bunny exited the building, Amber started calling her over.

 

“There’s my beautiful girlfriend!” Amber yelled from the window of the car.

 

“Amber!” Krystal giggled, slapping her arm.


“What? Ain’t that right Bunny? You’re my girlfriend” Amber turned to her as she slide into the backseat.

 

“Hm?” Bunny blinked having no idea what they were talking about.

 

“Say no Bunny, Xiumin said no boyfriend or girlfriend for you, he said you’re too young’ Krystal chuckled remembering how he flipped out when he told them that Bunny said she liked Lay.

 

“Pshhhhhhhhhhhhh, I call dibs” Amber held a finger up.

 

“If Gege says no, then I can’t date you” Bunny bluntly said.

 

Krystal burst out into laughter as Amber at up really fast in the passenger seat. Amber looked at Bunny in the backseat to express her heartbreak.

 

“Did I just get rejected? I just got rejected” Amber slapped a hand to her chest where her heart would be.

 

“What gege says goes”


Krystal once again burst into laughter while Amber slumped back into the passenger seat dramatically.