Moving in

You are Special

"How do i have a sister?!" Xiumin yelled slamming his hands on his uncle's desk.

"What are you talking about Honey?" his aunt asked jumping from her seat.

"Apparently I have a sister in a care home, do you have anything to do with it?" he asked lookin at his uncle.

"So you found out about Teukbyoelhan?" his uncle said leaning back in his chair.

"So you did!" he yelled pointing an acussing finger.

"Put that finger away, and no I didn't have anything to do with it, it was all your parent's idea" he said making Xiumin feel slightly small.

"Then how do you know about her?" he asked switching to look at his aunt.

"Do you remember when you spent two years with us when you were about two?" his aunt asked softly.

"Yeah to teach me about home sickness, but what does that have to do with anything?" he assed with a skepitcal eye.

"Well it wasn't really to teach you about how not to be home sick, your mom was pregnant with your little sister and they didn't have the money to take care of two children so they send you with us so we could take care of you and they could take care of her" His uncle started.

Xiumin's jaw dropped. He hadn't known that his parents were that poor, that his uncle and aunt had to take care of him while htye supplied a baby back home. He knew they were poor when he was younger, but not that poor.

"That was until she was diagnosed with autism and your parents knew they couldn't take care of her, so they took her to a care home where she would stay and be taken care of 24/7" he continued.

"We paied for the care home after your parents got you back and she's been living there ever since, we had hoped to introduce you earlier, but your parents had been procrastinating taking her out of the care home sayin they had no time, but i don't thats the reason" His uncle almost smirked.

"What could be the reason why?" he asked softly wondering why his parents didn't want to take care of his sister.

"They were embarrassed by her, let's face it, how would it look if the perfect buisness couple with a korean pop star son had an autistic daughter that they had been keeping a dirty little secret, tell me Xiumin" his uncle said stern.

 He gulped having not thouht about it like that. He hadn't thouht about his sister beeing a dirty little secret that they kept in a care home. Xiumin clenched his hands, wondering why his parents, who are now dead, would be embarrased by her. Just because she's autistic, didn't meant that she wasn't human. Xiumu\in would only wonder if she knew about him, if she ever wanted an older brother, if they would share the same interests. He wanted to meet her and get to know his little sister.

Xiumin had up his mind.

"I'm bringing her home" he said looking at his feet.

"Honey, isn't that a little irrational?" his aunt said slowly approaching him.

"No, I want to meet my little sister" was the last thing he said before walking out of his uncle's office.

Xiumin made an appointment to pick up his sister and brought along the other guys to help him out a bit. In the morning of the day to pick up Teukbyeolhan, they all piled into Kris's and Tao's cars heading towards the care home. Xiumin rubbed his sweaty palms on his dark jeans nervous out of his mind. He could only think of all the wrong things that could happen. Like if she didn't like him, she didn't like where they would be living, she didn't like the food they ate, or if she didn't like the music they performed. He exhaled nervouse seeing Kris pull up to the care home.

The care home was big and white with a white and blue sign that held their building name and logo. All of them filed out of the cars looking at the big dark wood double doors. Lay was the first to approach the doors opening them for the rest of them as they went in the building all sort of uncomfortable. In the lobby there was a few chairs to sit down in, but there was a nurse sitting behind a round desk filing some stuff. Hesitantly, Xiumin approached the desk and rang the bell grabbing the nurse's attention.

"Hello how may I help you?" she asked stickin the last file into the filing cabinet.

"Um were here to check out Kim Teukbyeolhan" Xiumin said looking down almost shyly.

"And you are?" the nurse said eyeing them.

"I'm her brother" Xium said looking up at her.

"Oh Oh! Hold on a second, she's been packing almost all day, just go right through that door" the nurse said ponting to a white door on their left.

They all bowed respectifully and went through the door to see it led down a long white hallway that held doors and took a turn down to the left. They followed the hallway going down the left until they saw a nurse walking casually into a room and figured that was Xiumin's sister's room. Slowly, they approached the door until the woman came out again and looked alarm to see them there.

"Is this Teukbyeolhan's room?" Xiumin asked feeling his heart thump loudly in his chest.

"Oh yes, which one is Minseok?" she asked looking at the six of them.

"I am" Xiumin said raising his arm.

"Oh well you can go right ahead and meet her,can you guys help me with her bags?" she asked the rest of them.

Xiumin walked slowly inside the white bare room seeing a small figured curled into a ball on the bed. The figure had long dark brown hair that was a little wavy as she hunched over her knees that she pulled to her chest. The small figure wore a long white dress pulled over her knees with a light yellow long cardigan. She held a controller in her hands that wasn't connected to anything. Her fingers went about the controller pressing buttons and moving the joystick. He approached the small figure kneeled down in front of the figure but a bit to the side.

"Teaukbyoelhan, can you look at me?" he asked softly.

He looked seeing her figner press the start button as if to pause a videogame and then turn to him. His eyes widdened to see that she looked like a femal him with the big Asian eyes, subtle jaw line, the rose bud shaped lips, except her nose was slightly smaller than his. He caught himself seeing that she was waiting for him to continue with what he was saying with her big dark eyes.

"I'm your brother, you're going to be living me from now on" he said with a shaky voice.

"With you?" she asked in a monotone.

"Yes" he nodded.

"Can i play videogames?" she asked moitioning to her controller.

"Yes, you can do whatever you want when you live with me" he almost grinned feeling releaved.

"Okay,I'll go" she said turning back to her controller.

Xiumin found himself loading some bags into the trunk of Kris's car while the nurse's helped Teukbyoelhan. A nurse handed Xiumin a bag carefully that he was reayd to just throw into the trunk.

"Because with this on, this one is of her videogame systems" the nurse said.

"Systems?" he blinked.

"Yes, Xbox, PS3, Wii, also her favorite videogames, there's also a bag with all the cords, her laptop, and her Mp3 player is on her" then nurse said as she handed Chen a bag.

"Why so many electronics?" he asked curious.

"Well they're gifts from your parents, plus she likes music and videogames" the nurse smiled.

Xiumin made a face as they loaded the bags into the trunk and the nurses said goodbye to Teukbyeolhan. Tao was happy to be the one to take care of Teukbyeolhan while she sat in the backseat behind Xiumin. He helped her in with a grin and buckled her in before jumping around the car and to his seat. Xiumin was about to get buckled in when the nurse grabbed his shoulder.

"Please take care of her" the nurse sighed.

"I will, i'll be the best brother i can be" he bowed.

"Thank you" she bowed back.

They piled back into the cars and went driving back to the house. Xiumin sighed happy that he didn't freeze in front of her. It wasn't as bad as he thought, but he still was wondeirng how living with her would be. He looked at her in the rear view mirror and smiled seeing Tao ramble on and on to her about stories of him using ageyo on Kris. Kris made a face telling Tao to shut up, but Tao only got louder with telling his stories. He could see a slight smile on Teukbyeol's face.

'This was a good idea' he said smiling to himself.

 

 

But first things first, she needs a nickname.