Ch. 30

Why is it always...

okayyyy updating!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chunji's eyes widened as those words were spoken, 'Birthday... today is...' that was what today was. Chunji had been constantly bothered by today. Luhan cringed in the inside, how could he forget? He expected Chunji to forget but he didnt expect himself to. If he had only realized it sooner he could've prevented this. 

"Rihyuk..?" she said, looking at him in confusion.

Chunji blinked a couple of times and looked up at her. He laughed, "I completely forgot, must be all the school work.. thanks mom.." he grabbed the box that she held out in front.

"Ahem.." Luhan cleared his throat, "we should go and give you guys some time.. right-"

"Oh no no.." she shook her head, "today's Rihyuk special day, and I want you all to celebrate it with him.." she smiled.

Luhan smiled back, "Yea... we were planning a surprise party but..."

"Oh I'm sorry... I didnt mean to ruin it.." she placed her hand over .

Chunji laughed as he placed the box down, "No its okay.... come down and sit.." Chunji turned around to look at them, "guys... be nice to her.." he walked into the kitchen to fetch some drinks but also to get away from her as far as possible.

She sat down as she looked at them, "I'm sorry.. I dont think I have met you..." she looked at Sehun.

Sehun grinned as he sat across from her, "I'm Sehun.. I'm your son's friend.. well a new one.."

She gave a soft laugh, "I'm glad he is making new friends... he is not getting bullied is he..."

"No no.. he is fine.. trust me.. I will not let anyone hurt Rihyuk.." Luhan jaw clenched as he said that name. He didnt want to say it, but for Chunji's sake, he had no choice. He looked at the others who just stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do. "What the heck are you guys doing, sit down.." Luhan said giving them a glare that meant to act natural.

"Oh I'm sorry if my precence made you all feel awkward..." she apologized.

"Dont bother... so how do you like it in this town.." Sehun asked trying to have a normal conversation and tone down the weird atmosphere.

"It's very nice... peacful.."

The rest just slowly took a seat or just stood still standing. Myungsoo nudged Hoya on the arm, "What's going on here.. do youhave any clue?"

Hoya shook his head, "No idea.. who is Rihyuk..."

Ricky sat next to Cap and watched as she and Sehun talked. He couldnt help but feel sad, really sad. "Oh my.. are you all right.." she asked Ricky who were trying to wipe the tears from his face. 

Luhan eyes twitched, "Er... he uh... he's fine.."

Cap rubbed the back of his lovers back, "Are you okay.. do you want to go.." he whispered.

Ricky shook his head, "Sorry.. I just had something in my eye.. I'm going to go in the kitchen to help.." he walked up and left. Luhan sighed as he shook his head.

Chunji sighed, as he got out the cups. Rihyuk's birthday, he hasnt remembered his brother's birthday since years. He always use to remember mom holding him tight as they all sang happy birthday. She would just snuggle up to him and place him in his lap, while Chunji stood to the side watching them. He gripped on the counter. At least he just got away from her for now.'The box.. what's in the box...?' he turned his head as he heard someone walking in the kitchen. "Ricky... what are you doing here...?"

"Nothing..." his voice sounded like a whisper.

"Have you been crying.." he walked over to the younger, "sit down." Ricky sat down and Chunji bent down, wiping off the remains of the other tears. "What's wrong.."

Ricky bit his lips, "Hyung... she really doesnt..." he sniffed as he started to cry again.

"Ricky.. please dont cry.. I am fine with this.. really.." he hugged the other, trying to get him to calm down.

"But.. arent you mad.. dont you feel like crying.." he sniffed as he hugged Chunji back.

The older sighed, "I'm tired of crying... I honestly dont have any tears left for this.." he continued to rub the other's back.

-Flashback-

Chunji stood there shocked as he saw her. Her body trembled, hands were clutched on her head as she shook her head violently. "Mom.." he walked towards her.

"NO..GET AWAY!!!" she sceamed.

His eyes grew wider, what has he done? Chunji couldnt help it, he couldnt hold it in, he lost control. His name, his own name brings her like that. "Mom.." he tried to get a hold of her.

"LET GO.." 

"NO.. I'M SORRY.. I AM NOT CHUNJI... CHUNJI ISNT REAL... OKAY... I LIED.." her body shook violently again, "MOM LISTEN.. CHUNJI ISNT REAL.. HE DOESNT EXIST!" he felt this pain through his chest, "he doesnt exist... not to you.." he mumbled the last part. He hugged her as he rubbed her back calming her down.

-End Flashback-

"Chunji hyung.." Ricky said, bringing the other back to reality.

He let go and looked at the younger. He smiled, "Feel better?"

Ricky nodded, "Hyung.. you are really strong. If I were you.. I would be insane right now.."

Chunji laughed, "Thanks.. come on... help me with the drink.."

Ricky and Chunji came out the kitchen with a tray full of snacks and drinks. "Rihyuk... why dont you open your gift.." she said.

Chunji nodded. He tried to ignore the weird tension in the atmosphere. He unwrapped the box and opened it. Chunji's face brightened up as he saw what was in it. One of Chunji's favorite things, a violin. He hasnt played in such a long time, but he remembers how exactly how to play it. His fingers brushed against the wood, as his nail plucked the G string, making a deep sound. 

Luhan smiled as he saw the look on Chunji's face. He knew how much Chunji loved playing instruments. "You.. wow.. mom you didnt have to give me this.." Chunji picked up the violin and the bow.

She smiled, "I knew how much you loved playing the violin and you were so good at it. Can you play for me Rihyuk..?"

Chunji's face dropped, of course, she gave it to Rihyuk, not Chunji. For second there, he actually was himself, not having to be him. But he smiled anyway, he loved playing the violin, "Course..."

Luhan laughed, "Finally... I love your violin playing.. I have been wanting to hear it again.." the others were eager as well. Who knew Chunji could play?

"What song are you playing," Changjo asked, the first time he spoke since she came.

"Rihyuk... play Canon for me..." she asked.

Chunji smiled wide, Canon, one of his favorite songs. He placed the violin on his shoulder and steadied the bow, then started.

Everyone clapped as the song was over, and Chunji's mood brightened up despite the situation. "Thanks mom.."

She stood up, "Rihyuk... that was wonderful, your violin playing always amazed me.." she went over to hug him, "I have to go.. have a good birthday.. I love you Rihyuk.. very much.."

Chunji froze, he had heard that line many times, but this time felt too, different. His good mood was ruined. Luhan's as well, as he glared at the floor hard. The others were quiet, not wanting to make things worse. She let go and bid farewell to everyone. As she left, everything was quiet.

Chunji sighed and turned to the other with a smile, "So.. I am going to go put my violin away.. and I know this will sound rude.. but can you all leave me in this house for awhile alone.. I just need to think and if you guys are curious to what happened.. well they can explain it to you.." and with that he walked upstairs with the sound of his footsteps growing softer.

"What just.." Dongwoo started.

Cap started to head for the door, "I think we do need to leave him alone, we should give him his space," the others agreed as well.

As they started to leave the house, Luhan stopped Changjo, "You stay here with Chunji and comfort him.." he then walked out leaving a stunned Changjo. As everyone got out Luhan started to walk another di, "I'm going to go take a walk.. let them explain to you guys if you want to know.." he said to Hoya and the others.

"I'm going to go with him.." Sehun said following Luhan.

Myungsoo turned around, "What the hell was that..?"

Luhan kept walking, trying to clear his mind. He sighed, "Why are you following me..?"

Sehun caught up to him, "Why didnt you go and stay with Chunji.."

Luhan didnt answer as he sped up, ".."

"Luhan.. answer me.." he said.

Again the other was silent, acting as if he cant hear the other. Sehun sighed as he grabbed hold of the older and hugged him very tight. "What are you doing.." Luhan was bewildered.

"You can cry now.. it's okay.." Sehun whispered.

The older's eyes went wide, "Wh-what.. what are you saying?"

"You didnt stay because you knew you were going to cry. You didnt want to comfort Chunji because you knew you were going to start crying. Its okay.. I know you were also in pain by watching Chunji.. you wanted to cry didnt you.. for a long time.. you wanted to cry for him because Chunji was too stubborn most of the time.. you knew you had to be strong for Chunji... well, let me be strong for you now.. get it out of your system.. you know its not good to hold it in.."

"You.." he sniffed, "how come you understand everything.." he quitely sobbed in Sehun's shirt while the other embraced him.

Sehun chuckled, "Because... why wouldnt I know who I love very much feel.."

They stood there until Luhan stopped crying. "Did... you just confess to me?" Luhan asked as he looked at the other.

Sehun grinned, "Maybe..." he pecked the other's lips, "I mean you are my wife.."

Changjo stood in front of the doorway. He knocked on the door, "Chunji?" there was no answer so he knocked again, "Chunji?"

The door clicked open and Chunji stood there sighing, "I thought I wanted to be alone.." he puffed his cheeks.

"CanI come in your room.." he asked.

Thinking for awhile he decided to let the other in, "Okay.." he walked to his bed and laid down.

"You okay.." Changjo asked, worried about him. Chunji doesnt even look like it bothered him, eyes arent even red.

"Yup... " he stared atthe cieling, "where's Luhan?"

"He went... "

"Oh.."

Changjo walked to the bed and sat down, "You can talk to me hyung..."

Chunji turned his head away biting his lips. Changjo sighed as he was about to get up but stopped when he felt something tugging his shirt, "Can... you lie down with me.. Luhan always does that.."

Changjo smiled as he nodded. He laid down beside Chunji and pulled him into a hug. Chunji turned around and buried his face in Changjo's shirt. "Changjo... I'm scared.."

"About what?"

There was no answer for while. Chunji spoke again, "I'm tired.."

"Then just go to sleep..."

Chunji nodded and he closed his eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chunji woke up in the morning in Changjo's arms. "You're awake.."

Chunji gasped as he sat up, "School! And where's Luhan..."

Changjo sat up also, "Everyone went to school early.. Luhan told me to bring you to school later.. and dont bother bringing you to school if you were still sleeping.. he said he would come home early if you didnt..."

"Oh.." he got up and head to the bathroom, "School is gonna start.. so I might as well go..."

 

On the way to school, they saw a sign that says to donate money for the orpahnage and for food for them. "We should help donate.." Chunji said and Changjo agreed. They walked over that stand and placed some money.

The lady smiled, "Thank you.. would you mind giving me your names so I could place your names in the petition to keep these kids safe."

Chunji nodded, "Of course.. I'm Rihyuk..."

Changjo eyes widened as he looked at Chunji. "And you sir.." he didnt hear a word she said as he was too bust looking at Chunji.

The older looked at him confused, "His name is Changjo.. what's wrong..?"

"Hyung... what's your name?"

"Rihyu-..." Chunji stopped himself as he realized what he just said, "No no no no no no no no no ...I'm soo sorry.. my name is Chunji... Chunji! Not Rihyuk.. I am sorry... please write Chunji..."

"Okay.." the lady looked unsure but wrote it down.

Chunji laughed nervously, "Oops.. well lets get going.." 

Changjo had a bad feeling about this. Especially Chunji, he could not believe what he said, the one thing he despises the most, Rihyuk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok iam done!!!

i had clicked save but it said to log in and i was like WHAT!!!!!!! I had freaked out because i was not gonna write this chapt. again

but I had clicked back and it came back phew!

so please enjoy.. alittle short though...

^^