Ch. 24

Why is it always...

i am updatiiiiiiiing okay now the problems reveal........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan stood there watching the two in front. He knows exactly how Chunji is going to act, he knows what exactly he is going to do. The others were confused, really confused. Rihyuk, who's Rihyuk? "Luhan.... what's going on," Ricky questioned.

"Who's Rihyuk... why is she calling Chunji that," Changjo said.

"Have you been eating well..." she asked hugging Chunji tightly.

Chunji took a deep then exahaled. He pulled away and smiled brightly, "I missed you mom.... I havent seen you in a long time.."

She smiled and carressed his cheek, "You have grown so big Rihyuk.... why havent you call...."

Chunji swallowed really hard as his throat grew tight, "Mom..... uh... these are my friends.." Chunji turned around and looked at them, "This is Cap. Niel, L.joe, Changjo, Ricky, and... Luhan.." Chunji gave a small smile towards him. 

She smiled at them widely, "Hello, I am Rihyuk's mom, thank you for taking care of my son and being friends with him," she bowed down. Luhan scoffed and Chunji gave him a glare.

Everyone looked at each other confused. "Do you mean Chu-" L.joe started but Chunji cut him off.

"Mom come in and have some breakfast... there's pancakes..." he dragged her by the hand. Luhan watched as they walked into the kitchen.

As soon as they were out of sight the others immediately started asking questions, "What the hell is going on..." Niel blurted out.

"Who's Rihyuk..." Cap asked.

Luhan ignored the questions thrown at him and walked to the kitchen to join the other two. He sat next to Chunji after setting the rest of the plates.The others came in to finish eating. "My.... this place is so big..." she looked around the kitchen, "there must be many rooms.."

Chunji laughed, "Yea there is..... how's dad.."

"Your father is doing great..... he has been stressed lately but he is doing well..."

"That's good..."

"You know.... everytime when I mention you or thinking about calling you he.... always avoids the topic. Did you two have a fight, I still dont understand why you moved out.."

"Mom... can we not talk about this here.... in front of everyody..." Chunji's face started to go red at the situation.

She gasped, "Oh I'm sorry..." she forgot about the others who just sat there awkwardly.

"So..." Luhan interuppted breaking the slience, "Is everything normal back home.." Luhan asked putting the attention on him.

"Yes... you are that chinese boy that were good friends with Rihyuk in school..." she sighed in relief, "its good to see you two still friends..."

Luhan chuckled, "Yes... I will always be best friends with your 'son'..." 

Chunji had his face down, it was starting again and he wanted to avoid it at all cost. She smiled at Luhan, "I still remember you two playing ever single day even in the rain..."

Luhan laughed sarcastically, "Yea.... you 'remember' that....  do you remember the time when your 'son' got an award for being the highest level in playing the violin..." 

Chunji's eyes widened as he grabbed Luhan's hand squeezing it tightly. Luhan squeezed back just as tight. He was doing it again, things are replaying over and over. Chunji was desperately trying to tell Luhan to stop right now, he was pushing it, pushing things too far. Luhan got the message, but he couldnt help it, he couldnt contain his anger. If Chunji wont get mad then he will do it for him.

She looked at him confused, "No... I dont, Rihyuk dear when was that.. I dont quite remember.."

"Oh no mom its okay.. it was a long time ago a-"

Luhan started laughing harder, "Of course you dont remember... why would you.... you werent there..you were with-"

"LUHAN..." Chunji shouted his eyes were pleading for him to stop. Luhan looked at him and he bit his lips not wanting to listen to him.

"Excuse me? Have... have I done something wrong..." she questioned a bit offended at Luhan's tone of voice.

Luhan sighed, "Nothing.... I am sorry, I dont know what has gotten into me... well," he stood up, "we will just leave you two here to talk right guys.." he looked at the others giving them all a glare.

Cap cleared his throat, "Yes we should leave.... you two must have things to talk about.. lets go guys..." 

Chunji sighed in relief as everyone started to get up. "Well..." Niel started, "we will see you later Chunji.."

"Who.." she was surprised to hear that name again.

Chunji gasped, "NIEL!!!!" he looked at the other with wide eyes. Niel covered his mouth, not knowing what exactly he said wrong.

"Chunji..." she said, "it's that name again... who is Chunji.. is that some sort of a nickname..." she questioned them. The other's eyes widened.

Chunji gripped the tablecloth, he was really panicking. "Um... mom let me show you around, come upstairs.." he walked up practically running, and she followed still confused.

As Luhan made sure they were out of sight he glared at Niel, "YOU IDIOT!!!"

"I'm sorry.... wh-what did I do.... what the heck is going on.." Niel was confused, he didnt understand any of this.

Luhan sighed, "Lets go... we cant be here..." he walked out the door. 

"Where are we going?" Ricky asked.

"The park.." he said.

"Are you.... going to tell us what happened...?" L.joe asked.

"L.joe.." Changjo punched the other for asking such a rude question.

Luhan sighed, "I'm going to have to... so none of you mess things up again.. and... whatever I tell you... just dont... mention it ever.."

As they got to the park Luhan went over to a medow and sat down beside a tree. The others just sat down near him. Luhan sighed as he tilted his head back looking up at the tree. He knew the others were waiting for him to start, "What do you guys want to know.."

"Was 'she' and 'her'... Chunji's mom.." Changjo asked.

"Yea.."

"Who's Rihyuk," L.joe said.

"Regretfully, he is Chunji's older brother...."

The others were just getting more and more confused, this wasnt helping at all. "I dont understand..." Changjo said.

Luhan sighed, "Rihyuk was Chunji's older brother... they werent really close... Chunji was jealous of Rihyuk.... he was his mom's favorite. Chunji always wanted his mom to at least notice him but.... one day Chunji was in his room... he was hiding in the closet. He had a fight with his brother..."

"Where is he now... Rihyuk.." Cap asked.

Luhan inhaled, "Well... that day when Chunji was in his closet... the parents were down the block talking to some neighbors and Rihyuk was in the living room. I really dont know what happened at that part.... Chunji never told me... but Rihyuk died.... he was murdered..."

"Oh my god.." Ricky voice cracked. Everyone felt silent.

"I.... I never thought Chunji would recover so quickly.. but," Luhan smiled, "he is strong.. really strong. Most people would be traumatized and scarred for life but, Chunji got through it."

"Why would he be traumatized," Changjo asked.

Luhan gulped, "Chunji saw what happened... the murderer killed Rihyuk in Chunji's room while Chunji was in the closet...."

Ricky felt tears forming in his eyes, "We... didnt know..." he sniffed as he wiped the tears, "he always looks so happy..."

Luhan lips tilted upward, "I know... Chunji's mom was devastated... she never stopped crying... Chunji was also crying and the police questioning him didnt help at all.... but the thing is Chunji never had a problem telling them anything.... he would always go to his mom but she would just push him away screaming. When she finally had some rest... she never woke up. She was in a coma for about several weeks. But when she did wake up...." Luhan bit his lips, "she... only saw one. When she looked at Chunji... she only saw Rihyuk. Chunji's mom forgot about Chunji.... in her mind Chunji doesnt exist only Rihyuk. She doesnt remember him, she only remembers Rihyuk, everything in her life she remembers Rihyuk in it only. When she looks at Chunji.... she thinks its him. When the doctors told her that Chunji wasnt Rihyuk but her other son she started to have a mental breakdown.... they said that her subconcious refuses to remember Chunji... they said to never tell her about her other son, dont make her remember... it causes pain for her. I understand that very well, but what about Chunji, he is also suffering... knowing that his whole life... his mom, the one who Chunji tried to make her notice him, he has to live a life as his brother in her eyes, knowing that his motherwill never acknowledge Chunji as himself... but as Rihyuk. It hurts Chunji alot... he wants to be himself... he wants to make her remember. When he was little..... his father told him to never mention his own name... but tp act like his brother... what kind of father does that. Chunji didnt want that but he didnt want to hurt his mom so he agreed, he agreed to be Rihyuk around his mom. He sometime tries to make her remember, asking her to call him Chunji or that his name is Chunji... but.... one day Chunji broke... he couldnt take it anymore so he broke down... telling her everything that Rihyuk died and that Chunji was himself and not his brother. The mom didnt believe him of course and she had another mental breakdown... his father kicked Chunji out, telling Chunji that it isnt safe for him to be here... he sends money of course but... I hate him... I hate Chunii's whole family.... now when Chunji meets his mom which he tries to prevent.... all he can do is.... smile and pretend he is Rihyuk... the thing she wants the most..." Luhan swallowed trying to hold back tears at the memories. He gritted is teeth as he punched the tree he was laying on, "Chunji... he.... I tried to make sure she wasnt coming but.... and the thing I hate the most... Chunji doesnt try anymore.... he doesnt cry when seeing her... he holds it all in... that... I cant help but want to cry for him... I dont want him to be strong like that.. it is going to hurt him...." Luhan started laughing a bit, "Chunji hates him.... Chunji hates Rihyuk... and the worst thing of all.. the doctors said that the mom was already having trouble with her brain... that she was already forgetting Chunji, that incident just pushed it to happen sooner... Chunji told me that when he called for his mom before the incident happened, she would just look at him like she had no idea who Chunji was, Chunji said that it gradually started to grow and he realized when he was little, his mom started to forget about him even before when Rihyuk died.... I am trying to help Chunji with the pain and suffering he is going through... but..." Luhan sighed, "she just had to come and ruin it."

The others just stood there quiet, not daring to speak. Ricky was trying to stop himself form crying, "Chunji... must be g-g-oing through a lot of pain... " Ricky sniffed.

"Yea... he is.." Luhan nodded.

 

They got home around six in the evening. Chunji walked out of the kitchen, "Oh... you guys came back. You went out for a long time.."

"Did she leave..." Luhan asked.

Chunji nodded, "Yea... well, I am kind of tired... heading to bed, night!" he started to walk towards the stairs.

"Chunji... its only six..." Luhan said.

"Oh..." he froze, "well... you guys can order takeout... not in the mood for cooking.." he went upstairs and a few seconds later the door slammed shut.

Luhan sighed, "I'm gonna go check on him...."

The others stood there not sure if they should move. "I'm heading to bed..." Changjo said as he walked upstairs.

Luhan knocked on the door, "Chunji.." he got no response, "I'm coming in..." he took out the key from his pocket and unlocked te door. He walked in and shut the door closed locking it. Chunji stood there, his back facing Luhan, "Chunji...."

"Luhan.... would it have been better if I had been murdered instead...."

"What...." he couldnt believe what he was hearing, "you cant be serious.... Chunji....."

"But... it would be better... it wouldnt make a difference, she still would have forgotten me anyway... and everyone would be happier..."

"No... Chunji no... I wouldnt be happy, I would be very sad.. very very sad...." he walked closer to Chunji.

"She.... kept on talking about him... how he was so special, and how he was such a good son.... she kept on talking about him... it was always him... why.. why is it always him... it wouldve been better if I had died instead.."

"Chunji!!!" Luhan hugged him from the back, "stop talking like that... it wasnt your fault..... it isnt your fault... Chunji... I'm glad you are alive... I wouldnt live without you..."

He sniffed, "But... if I had been a better son then...."

"Chunji.... just stop..."

"THERE'S NO POINT!!! IT WOULDNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF I LIVED OR DIED... SHE STILL WOULD HAVE FORGOTTEN ME.. the doctors... they said she was already forgetting me... that incident just pushed it sooner..."

"I know... I know... you told me... you tell me everything.." he tightened the hug on the sobbing boy.

"I-I was... in the closet... I was crying... I had a fight with my brother... it was quiet... I heard footsteps... then my door slammed open.... he dragged Rihyuk in... covering his mouth... when he let go Rihyuk was screaming.. begging... he was crying... but.. *sniff* he got a knife and started skinning him alive.. theblood was everywhere... I could see him looking my way... I was scared Luhan, I didnt know what to do..."

"I'm sorry Chunji... I'm sorry..."

"But.... I hate him Luhan...I hate him so much... I shouldnt hate him... its wrong, but I cant help it..... I hate that mom loves him sooo much... I hate him..." 

"I know.... you can hate him Chunji... you can hate him... okay... its okay if you hate him...." 

Chunji legs gave out and Luhan held him tighter. Chunji turned around and hugged Luhan by the neck burying his face in Luhan's shoulder. "It hurts really bad... it hurts..."

"I know Chunji..... I know...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kk i am done...

and the problem is revealed

i hope it doesnt sound to too rushed cuz i did this quick

but i hoped you guys enjoyed it

^^