Ch. 25

Why is it always...

okayyyyyy.... i am updating... hope my last chapt. didnt sound horrible..... dont no.. i am just not good at making a really sad crying part... i have tried.. but i can never cry for some reason... may be because i am wirting it(?)... anyway enjoy O^O

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rihyuk.... stop that...." Chunji sniffed as he glared at his older brother, "that was mine..."

Rihyuk stuck his tongue out, "I am older..." he the ice cream he had in his hand.

"But.... mom gave that to me...." Chunji sobbed as he was wiping his tears.

Rihyuk sighed, "You are such a baby...." he walked closer to Chunji and stuck his hand out, "here... you can have it back..."

Chunji sniffed as he held out his hand. When Chunji touched the cone, Rihyuk let go and it fell to the floor, "I didnt grab it Rihyuk.." he glared at his brother tears still falling.

"Well you were too slow..." Rihyuk yelled.

"What is going on here..." the mom sighed as she came towards her sons, "what happened?"

"Mom... Chunji is crying because he dropped his ice cream and he is blaming me.."  Rihyuk whined. Chunji eyes widened while shaking his head no.

"Chunji... its just an ice cream for heavens sake.... we will buy more.." she ruffled her hair and her tone of voice sounded annoyed, she was stressed.

"But-" Chunji tried to tell his side but the mom interrupted.

"Just clean it up... I am too tired for this, with you boys yelling and all... mommy needs rest..." she sighed. Chunji bit his lips and nodded his head. He glared  at Rihyuk, he was mad at him.

"Mommy.... are you okay..." Rihyuk walked to her looking up at her. 

She smiled down at him, "Yes I am fine... mommy is just tired..."

"Do you want me to play the violin for you mommy...." he asked.

Her smile got bigger and ruffled his hair, "Yes.. I would love that... it help me to get some rest..."

Rihyuk smiled, "Okay....."

Chunji gripped his shirt looking at the floor. He hates Rihyuk, he always make mom mad at him. He watched as the two walked away. He turned to get a rag and started to clean the mess on the floor.

 

"Rihyuk... where is mommy...." Chunji asked.

"She is sleeping... why..."

"Dad said to call mommy that its dinner time and the food is already on the table," he said, "I'll go get her..." Chunji ran upstairs and came across a door. He knocked on the door just in case his mom was awake. When he got no response he knocked again, "Mommy?" He slowly  opened the door to find her laying on the sofa sleeping, "Mom..." 

He walked towards her and looked at her sleeping face. She seemed so relaxed and peacful. Chunji didnt want to wake her up but it was dinner time. He shook her gently, "Mom..." he shook her again, "Mom wake up. It's time to eat..."

She slowly opened her eyes as he started yawning. She sat up and stretched her arms. She looked at Chunji and her eyes widened, "Who are you..."

"Mom..." Chunji eyes widened.

She stood up and backed away, "Why did you call me mom? Who are you, how did you get here? Are you Rihyuk's friend?"

Chunji trembled slightly, "Mom..."

She stood there for a few seconds then shook her head, "Aiish such a headache... Chunji what are you doing here," the mom looked at him confused.

"You remember me.."

"Of course I do... what nonsense are you talking about... " she sighed, "I dont have time for this... come,its time to eat..." she walked to the door.

"Mom.... can I play the violin for you..." Chunji voicw was soft but can still be heard.

"I dont have time to listen to your violin playing...."

"But you let Rihyuk play for you...."

"I was tired then, next time I'll ask you to play okay..." Chunji nodded. "Good now lets go..." she left the room.

Chunji stood there, "She forgot about me again.....why.." Chunji was getting tired of this, this wasnt the first time she had asked who Chunji was, in fact it happened many times before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But I want to go with mom..." Chunji yelled.

"No... i am going... you stay here..." 

Their parents were down the block talking to some neighbors while the boys were at home fighting. "But it isnt fair.... you are always with mom... I want to go.."  Chunji fought back.

"But its my turn to go with her..."

"No it isnt... you went with her last..." Chunji shouted. He was mad, he always hated how Rihyuk got it his way. "Dad said I can go!!!!"

"I dont care!!! I am going!!! Mom likes me more than you..."

"NO SHE DOESNT!!! SHE LIKES ME TOO... its not fair... its not fair.." Chunji started crying.

"Yes she does!!! She told me that she does... "

"NO THATS NOT TRUE... STOP LYING!!!!"

"I am going!!! She doesnt like you so you cant go... "

"NO TAKE THAT BACK!! MOMMY LIKES ME... SHE LOVES ME..."

"NO SHE DOESNT!!! MOMMY DOESNT LIKE YOU... SHE HATES YOU!!!" he started to yell.

Chunji cries harder, "STOP LYING RIHYUK... MOMMY DOESNT HATE ME.. *sobs* I-I HATE YOU... I HATE YOU RIHYUK!!!" he ran upstairs and into his room. He opened the closet then closed it. He sat there and tried to stop himself from crying, "Its not true... its not true... mommy loves me... she loves me..." he was mad, he was mad at Rihyuk. Why would he say that?

Chunji sat there in the dark, while some light seeped through the cracks in the door. Slowly he stopped crying but his breathing were still uneven. It was quiet. He had no idea how long he sat in there but Chunji didnt care he didnt want to come out. 

Chunji froze as he heard quiet footsteps. He thought it was weird because no one in their family has quiet footsteps except him. The door slammed open and Chunji's eyes widened. A guy entered the room and he was holding onto Rihyuk, his mouth was being covered.

Chunji blood turned cold as he grew pale. He was scared and couldnt move his body. He watched in horror as he saw the random guy drag Rihyuk. Rihyuk was trying to scream, he was kicking and biting for his life. The guy let go of the othter's mouth and Rihyuk started screaming, tears gushing out and his face was red. He looked scared.

"Shut up kid..." the guy grunted and held his arm under Rihyuk's neck.

Rihyuk continued to scream and begged the guy to let him go. The guy laughed and brought out his knife. He brought it towards Rihyuk's skin and the started. Rihyuk screamed in pain, kicking and punching the guy but nothing worked, he just held the kid tighter.

Chunji covered his mouth as his eyes widened. He willed himself to not make any noise. He sat there trembling, he couldnt take his eyes off of the scene. After a while Rihyuk screaming died down and he was looking straight at the closet. 

 

The police was everywhere. Blood was everywhere, Chunji stood above a pile of blood, he couldnt stop crying. He couldnt stop remembering what he saw. Rihyuk's skin was peeled off. He looked over the covered body, his skin was literally all gone. He wiped his tears which didnt help since more came anyway. He looked over at his parents, the mom was crying non-stop and the father was trying his best to comfort her and himself.

"NO... WHY... WHY?!?! WHY WOULD HE DO THIS.... RIHYUK... " she sobbed, "WHY ATTACK MY SON.... RIHYUK!!!!" 

The father held her back from running to Rihyuk's body. He himself couldnt contain his tears. Chunji walked over to his mom, he was still crying. She looked  like she was in so much pain, Chunji didnt want her to be like that. He didnt want want her to cry. "Mom..." he stretched his hand out.

She just slapped it away, "NO... STAY AWAY... DONT COME NEAR ME!!!!" she started to cry harder, "JUST LEAVE!!!!!!" 

Chunji's eyes widened and he stood there frozen. The father dragged Chunji away. He bent down and looked right into his eyes, "Chunji.." he sniffed, "mommy cant talk right now.... now isnt the time to talk to her. Mommy also didnt mean to say those things... she is just sad... very sad... okay Chunji..."

He sniffed as he nodded his head, "Y-yes..."

"Were you scared Chunji..."

Chunji nodded his head again, "Yes... i-it was scary..."

He hugged Chunji tight, "I'm sorry... we should have never left you two alone... Chunji... you are the only one son now, your mother needs you now then ever.. okay... so please be a good boy...."

"Okay.." he hid his face in his father's chest crying and the father tried his best to comfort him. The police questioned Chunji after a few hours. Chunji looked down the whole time, he didnt even hesitate. He told them exactly what he saw, and heard. One of the police officer were worried by Chunji's reaction and had wanted him to have some theripist but the father declined.

Couple days past and the house wasnt the same. It was quiet, there were constant crying and people visited alot. Everytime Chunji would get close to mom she would just scream at him and tell him to leave not wanting to see him. She couldnt sleep, she didnt want to sleep. The father was getting more worried about her, he tried to talk to her, to get her to sleep but she would just refuse and start crying again.

Chunji woke up one night to some muffled cries. He walked downstairs to find his mom crying and holding a picture of Rihyuk talking to it. Chunji slowly walked to her, "Mom..."

She gasped and looked up. She bit her lips, "Chunji... now is not the time... go to bed..." she looked back down.

"Mom.." Chunji started to tear up seeing her like that, he couldnt stand to see his mom in such a state like this, "please.. I-"

"STOP!!! GO AWAY... JUST GO AWAY!!!" she screamed as he threw the picture to the wall, just missing Chunji by two feet. "Just... go...."

Chunji trembled but nodded, not wanting to make her suffer. He turned away and started to walk. He froze when he felt a pair of arms around him. She was hugging him, tight. Chunji started to cry, "Mom..."

"Why... why didnt you stop them..... Chunji you are my only son left. Please dont go... please dont leave.... you cant be gone..."

Chunji sniffed, "I promise mom... I wont, I will be here... I promise..." and that was the first time she had slept since that incident.

 

"Dad,,, where is mom going," Chunji was terrified as two men wheeled her in a car, "where are they taking her?"

"She is going to the hospital... your mother wont wake up..."

"Why?" 

"I dont know.... give it some time...."

Luhan had came over. He had been coming over ever since that day, also his parents. "Chunji... why are you crying?"

Chunji sniffed, "Mom wont wake up... she is going to the hospital..."

Luhan hugged him, "Its okay Chunji... she will wake up soon... she will wake up very soon..."

 

"Chunji!!!" the father shouted as he came into the house.

"Dad... what happened?"

"Your mother woke up... we're going to the hospital.."

Chunji face beamed up, "She is... mommy is awake..."

As they rushed to the hospital, Chunji was very happy to see her again. She had been sleeping for many weeks. She was in a coma, but now she was awake. The bursted in the room, she was sitting down. "Your awake..." the father said and he sounded so relieved.

She smiled, "Yes..."

"MOM!!!" Chunji ran to her.

She laughed as he picked him up, "How is my son doing? Oh how I missed you so much..."

Chunji started crying and hugged her, "I missed you too mom... I am glad you are awake... I love you mom..."

She smiled, "I love you to Rihyuk.."

Chunji's eyes widened as he pulled back, "Rihyuk?"

The father looked surprised as well, "Dear...?" the doctors and nurses came in.

She looked confused, "What happened? Rihyuk, are you okay?" 

Chunji started to cry again. The doctors started to examine her and her mind. She was fine, healthy, she remembered everything, except for that incident and except for... Chunji.

"Who is this.." the doctor placed his hands on Chunji's shoulders.

"Its my sonof course," she replied, "its Rihyuk..."

The doctor shook his head, "No... this is your son, you had two... your first one died, this is Chunji, your second son..."

Her eyes grew wide as she shook her head frantically, "No... no.. thats my son, its Rihyuk... that is Rihyuk... I dont know a Chunji.. I dont have a son name Chunji! You are Rihyuk right.." the mom looked at Chunji.

Chunji sniffed, "Mom... my name is Chunji..."

"No...NO... you are Rihyuk... " she started to shake and she held her head , "NO...AHHHHHH!!!" 

"MOM!!" Chunji screamed but the father took him out.

"Chunji... your mother is not stable right now... wait a while.."

Chunji sniffed, "Dad... she... did he forget me?"

"No of course not... of course she remembers you..." he hugged Chunji while his hair.

A few mintues later te doctor came out and wanted to have a talk with the father. Chunji stood behind a wall. "Doctor... how is she?" he asked.

The doctor sighed, "She is fine... but, her mind. I dont know how to tell you this, but your wife's mind, her sunbconcious refuses to remember your second son. The lost of your first son caused her great pain and she forgot her second one. She thinks she only has one son, she doesnt remember Chunji at all. I'm very sorry.."

"That cant be...."

"She...  also had some brain problems before. Her mind was slowly forgetting your second son, that incident just happen to push it further.."

"You mean, if Rihyuk hadnt died, one day she still would have forgotten Chunji..." his voice cracked.

He nodded, "Yes... I'm sorry.. there isnt any medicine that can fix this."

"Is there.. anything I can do?"

"Dont make her remember... she will have another mental breakdown. I suggest to keep from telling her about your second son or that incident, the results wont be good..."

"I see... thank you.."

Chunji covered his ears not wanting to hear anything. It couldnt be true, it couldnt, mother would never forget Chunji.

"Chunji..." the father came in front of him bending down, "Chunji.... you love your mother right?" Chunji nodded. "Do you want her to suffer?" Chunji shook his head. "Then I need you to do something for me... can you please pretend you are Rihyuk for mommy... can you do that? Your mother will be very happy if you do.... but she can never know who you really are... she can never know who Chunji is... can you do that Chunji, can you do this for mommy..." he sighed, he knew this was selfish of him but he cared too much for his wife, "mommy will be very happy and she wont cry anymore..."

"She wont cry?"

"No..."

"Okay... okay, I will be Rihyuk.."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

She clapped her hand wile smiling widely, "Rihyuk... your violin playing has gotten so much better... much better than before..."

Chunji gave a small smile. He wasnt happy, she was praising Rihyuk, not Chunji. And the only reason it sounded better than before is because Chunji is playing. "Thanks mom..."

She hugged him tight, "You will become a famous violinist one day, I know it! Rihyuk, I love you very much..."

Chunji bit his lips, "Mom... my name is Chunji..."

"Rihyuk... enough with these silly names! No more fake names, youare a big boy now okay..."

"But my name is Chunji...." he balled his fists.

She sighed, "Honestly... I just dont understand you sometimes.. come in for lunch.." she walked inside.

Chunji sniffed, "It didnt work... again..."

 

"Rihyuk... come grocery shopping with me..." she said.

"Mom... can you please callme Chunji for once... just once, please..."

"No... that isnt your name.... Rihyuk stop with these childish games. Why do you like that name so much.... "

"Can you.... at least say it once..." his voice got higher.

She sighed, "A 12 year old boy still playing these games.... come on Rihyuk... and after this, you can go play with Luhan..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She hugged Chunji tight, "Happy 14th birthday Rihyuk!!! My boy is growing up big.."

Chunji couldnt take it, he couldnt handle it. Everything was so irratating, he looked around and his name was everywhere. Even on the cake it said his name. It wasnt even Chunji's birthday. "Stop..."

"Rihyuk... what's wrong.."

"Stop... JUST STOP IT!!! I AM NOT RIHYUK MOM!!! MY NAME IS CHUNJI!!! CHUNJI... YOUR SECOND SON!! I AM SICK AND TIRED LIVING AS RIHYUK.. IT IS SO FRUTURATING!!!" he started to cry.

"What... what are you talking about..."

"RIHYUK DIED MOM!!! HE WAS MURDERED YEARS AGO.. WHEN I WAS 4!!"

"Rihyuk stop it.."

"I AM NOT RIHYUK... HE DIED.."

"Stop it now..."

"HE WAS SKINNED ALIVE MOM!! HE IS DEAD..."

"STOP... STOP IT RIGHT NOW..." she started to clutch her head, "no... it isnt true.. it isnt true.. no NO...NOOOOO!!!!"

Chunji kept crying, he couldnt handle the pain anymore, he hated it, he hated this!

 

"Chunji..." the father was sitting down, "you are living on your own..."

Chunji's eyes widened, "What... no dad.. please no! I am sorry, I wont do it again.. I promise!! please dont..."

"Chunji I am sorry.... I cant risk it anymore... it is also affecting you... I will send you money every week... you will live in a new town... I will make sure you and your mom will never meet..."

"Dad... no please... please dont send me away... please dont.... please..."

"I'm sorry son.... I am so sorry for everything...."

Chunji was in his room crying while Luhan was comforting him, "L-Luhan... I dont want to go... I wont see you again.."

"Dont worry jagiya.... you will see me again... I promise... I dont want you to suffer here anymore okay.... " he hugged the sobbing boy.

"I will miss you Luhan.... thank you so much for being there..."

"Of course... you are my jagiya after all...."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chunji's eyes shot open as he was sweating. He looked over to see Luhan's sleeping face. Chunji sighed as he wiped his fore head. He got up and walked downstairs for some water. As he got into the kitchen, he was startled by a voice, "Hyung..."

Chunji turned around, "You scared me Changjo....." the other just stood there. Chunji sighed, "Luhan told you guys didnt he..."

Changjo went over to him and hugged Chunji, "I'm sorry... I dont know what pain you are going through but.... if there is anything you need... just tell me..."

Chunji inhaled. His body felt hot as his heartbeat increased. He liked this feeling, he liked being held by him, but one thing made him feel weird. "Changjo... I'm fine... I have gotten through this... so it wont be a problem..."

"Hyung... you have to stop holding it in... it really isnt good..."

Chunji huffed, "And who said that... Luhan?" he pushed the other, "besides.. you shouldnt be doing this with me... I am not Ricky.."

"What... no hyung-"

"I am sick and tired of being people who I am not... it is annoying... I cant stand it... you have Ricky dont you.. so stop making me feel all weird.. I am not Ricky!"

"Making you feel weird.."

Chunji blushed, "Shut up.... you have Ricky so stop hugging me... I am not his replacement..."

"Chunji, you arent his replacement, he and I are-"

"I really dont want to hear it maknae..." Chunji turned around and walked upstairs, "I am not Ricky..... nor am I Rihyuk..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

kk i am done....

 i hope the past doesnt bore you........

but it helps explain the story more.....

so enjoy.....

^^