Ch. 18

Why is it always...

updatiiiiiing!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan came dashing downstairs almost slipping at the end of the stairs. That noise, he knew what it was. He had heard it all his life, but now was much worse. That noise, that cry... something happened, something that was abit unfamilar to Luhan. "CHUNJI!" he came in to the kitchen, Changjo was holding onto Chunji who was a mess. He was trembling and shaking, his legs barely even supported him as his face was buried into Changjo's chest and his hands gripped onto the other's shirt.

Changjo looked over to see Luhan, "Luhan..I... I dont know what happened, he started to cry all of a sudden..and-and..."

"Chunji..." Luhan walked closer to them, nodding to the other. He gently grabbed hold of Chunji's shoulder and Changjo slowly started to loosen his hold.

Chunji loosened his grip on Changjo's shoulder and clung onto Luhan not showing his face one bit as he started to cry harder. Luhan gently wrapped his arms around Chunji in a tight hug, one hand the other's hair. "Shhh... it's okay.. everything is fine Chunji."

He gripped onto Luhan's shirt, "Why... why is it always him... why.. why.."

"I dont know Chunji... I dont know.." Luhan wished he had a better answer but couldnt provide one.

"Wh-what happened, why is he crying? Is Chunji okay.." Changjo was worried, he never saw his hyung cry like this. Something in him made him feel weird.

Luhan held onto the latter tighter not wanting to collapse. Chunji breathe was uneven, "Why... I dont want to see her Luhan... please dont let me see her.. I just.. I just want to forget.. forget everything..."

Luhan bit his lips, "Chunji... you cant mean that... you... you will regret it..." he rubbed the younger boys back and tried to soothe him more. His head turned around to face Changjo who stood feeling helpless, "you should go to sleep... it's late.. I'll handle this.."

Changjo nodded thinking it was a good idea to leave this with him since he himself had no idea what to do. But he really didnt want to go, he wanted to stay and comfort Chunji, but staying here will only be irrelevant to him. He regretfully walked out and was surprised to see Niel standing by the staircase. "You heard...?"

He nodded, "Yea... I wanted to check what the noise was but... what happened?" his voice sounded concerned and was surprised to find Chunji awake.

"I... dont really know.."

They both looked over at the kitchen to hear a cry  that got louder. They wondered what made Chunji cry like that and couldnt help but question themselves. "At least... at least he's awake.." Niel tries to look at the bright side. He wanted to go in there and hug Chunji but it just didnt seem like the right time. "Come on... we should let Luhan handle it..."

Changjo nodded and they both headed upstairs. As he got into his room, he found Dongwoo sitting on the bed looking down. "You heard too.."

Dongwoo nodded, "It's hard to find anyone who could sleep through that.." he was right. Everyone was awake, hearing the sounds of sadness by Chunji. They couldnt help but feel sorry for him and all wondered the same thing. Who was this 'him' and most imporantly, who was 'her'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As morning came everyone was already downstairs at the table while Luhan was cooking, well everybody but Chunji. They were silent, the sound of Chunji crying echoed in their minds. Cap felt really horrible, he didnt know why Chunji had cried but what he did made him feel even more guilty, blaming himself for making Chunji like that. Luhan knew everyone heard, he didnt even try to make it better.

"Um... Chunji isnt awake yet..?" Niel asked daring to speak, his voice heasitated and trembled slightly. Everyone looked at Luhan to see what his response was.

Luhan continued to make their breakfast, "No... he is still sleeping, still has a fever."

"Is he okay..." Hoya asked, but got no answer. "What happened yesterday.." he gasped as he realized he said that out loud and was suppose to be in his mind only.

The knife Luhan was using to cut the fruits made a loud noise and he stopped cooking. Everyone flinched as they heard that. Their eyes also widened as someone entered the kitchen walking ever so slowly. Luhan turned around and saw Chunji walking towards his seat his head facing down. He sighed as he figured Chunji would come down sooner or later after he specifically told him not to and to stay in bed resting. But the ever so stubborn Chunji refused to listen to Luhan. Everyone watched as Chunji slump down in his seat head still facing down. Luhan turned around and continued to cook already in the middle of making Chunji something that's specifically for him.

Luhan placed their breakfast on the table and got Chunji's and placed it in front of him. Chunji looked down confused and at Luhan who had sat down, "This is... soup?"

Luhan nodded, "It will help you..."

Chunji looked back down and he groaned inwardly noticing how big the bowl is. "But... I like your chinese soup but do I have to finish it all.."

"Yes.. finish it 'all'.." he emphasized the word all to indicate that he really meant it.

Chunji sighed as he took a sip of the soup, the liquid going in his body which made him feel really warm. Unfortunately for the taster, he couldn't taste anything, since all his senses were gone. It only tasted like nothing to Chunji. Everyone ate quietly not wanting to start anything. Chunji sighed not liking this silence at all, it made him feel weird, "So.. you guys should go out and have fun... I recommend a hike... there's a mountian up the trail... you guys should go and have a picnic... the view is really pretty..." Chunji said his head still facing down taking another sip from his soup.

"U-um we wouldnt want to go out without you hyung.." Ricky said. He has been really worried about Chunji, and was glad that he was at least talking to them.

Chunji shook his head, "No... you guys should go and have fun... trust me.." he looked up and gave a smile to him but it was fake and everyone could clearly tell. Chunji sighed, his head feeling dizzy, so he placed it on Luhan's shoulder.

Luhan gasped as he felt Chunji's head, "Your fever gone up... that's it, you are going to bed..."

Changjo stood up abruptly and went out the kitchen to the front door. "Where are you going..." Luhan asked.

"To get some medicine.." all that was heard was the door slam after that.

Luhan got up and grabbed Chunji and headed upstairs, "I'm bringing the soup after this.."

Chunji groaned not wanting to eat the soup he cant even taste.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chunji laid there in bed bored to death. He hates being sick, he cant even go out to get some fresh air. He looked at the cieling, couldnt help but remember those days when he was little. When his mind came across that incident, he shook his head furiously not wanting to remember that dreadful day. He heard the door click open and looked over to see grandpa coming in.

"Chunji... you are awake.."

Chunji nodded and placed his index finger on his lips, "Shhh... dont tell Luhan.." that made them both laugh and it honestly made Chunji feel better a bit.

"Are you alright...?" he came closer and grabbed a chair that was conviniently in the room and sat down.

"Yea... just a bit dizzy.."

He nodded, "Is there anything you want to talk about..."

Chunji slightly frowned, "I..."

"It's okay... take your time.."

"I... dont like remembering... it makes me feel... horrible... especially that... time.."

"I see... Chunji... these things take a long time to heal... considering your... situation.."

Chunji nodded, "I agree... I'm not having any prblem with it really... it's just... hard to cope with sometimes.. makes me feel.. depressed.."

"It's okay to feel how you want to.."

Chunji smiled, "I know.. " they both talked a bit and it made Chunji feel alot better, like some weight has been lifted off of his shoulder.

 

Chunji had fallen asleep a bit but when he woke up he looked at the time and realized it was around the mid-afternoon. He had heard the door click open again and found Myungsoo, Dongwoo, and Hoya come in. "Sorry... were you asleep.." Hoya said afraid he had woken the boy up.

Chunji sat up and shook his head, "No... I've been up.." he immediately felt dizzy but just shook it off.

"We just wanted to check in on you.." Myungsoo said as they all came near him.

"You feelin okay, you're not hurt are you, cold?" Dongwoo said.

Chunji laughed, "No... just laying in bed.. guessing Changjo isnt back yet with the medicine..."

Hoya shook his head, "No.. Luhan went to look for him.. or more likely he was meeting him up somewhere.."

"Oh.."

"We should go... get some rest.." Dongwoo had said.

"Wha... wait!" he grabbed the hem of Myungsoo's shirt. Chunji pouted, "No dont go... I'm bored.. stay here and play with me.." Chunji looked up at them and gave them the pleading eyes, well unintentionallly, it just happened to look like it.

They froze and looked at him, especially Myungsoo who was being pulled by this teaser. Then they mentally slapped themselves for thinking something... negative, it's Chunji they're talking to here. "Wh-what do you want to play..." Hoya still hesitated kind of anxious to hear the answer.

Chunji smiled, "Cards... lets play cards.." he let go and grabbed a deck of cards in the drawer.

"Right.. cards.." Dongwoo said, they found it cute how Chunji acted and sounded like a kid.

"Lets play.... um...bull!!!" Chunji's smile got wider and scooted over so they could get on the bed.

Myungsoo chuckled, "Okay... lets play.." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am done!!!! i had a diff. ending planned but..... got too lazy... -.-

ooooooooooh... i just cant wait to type the part where you guys find out the problem with chunji and his mom... i feel sooo excited! you guys can also try to guess!!!!

its really sad though... so yea... but still excited....

oh and i was planning on writing my third fanfic just the foreword and its gonna be on hiatus... but i dont know... i usually finish one and start to write the next one but my sis says to write it just in case someone steals your idea... i was gonna start the third one after writing this one

soooo what do you guys think..... should i or not... oh and its a chuniel one... so if you guys like a cute adorable chunji.. then you will LOVE (well i hope so..) the one in my third fanfic.. should i really need you guys to pick plzzzzzzzzz!!!

anyway... enjoy!!!