0 8

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Jaejoong-

“Catherine, can you please get me another cup of coffee?” I said into the speaker to my secretary.

I’ve been at the hotel working for the past week without going back home to sleep. The hotel has been very busy lately and we had lots of big projects to finish up on. I cannot just leave and not get things done.

“Right away Mr. Kim.” She replied.

Moments later she came into my office with a cup full of coffee for me. If I was going to be staying in the hotel for the entire night, I’d need lots of coffee to keep me awake. After the day at the beach, I’ve been in my office for the past week working on the hotel’s documents and other projects.

I wish I could just go back to where Junsu was and have fun instead of being in this office working.

“Thank you Catherine.” I thanked her before she smiled and went out of the office.

She then suddenly opened the door and poked her head at me.

“Mr. Kim. I was just wondering. It’s already really late. Is it okay if I go home for the night?” She asks.

I take a look at the clock. Indeed it was really late. It was almost ten.

“Of course you can Catherine. Thank you for your hard work today.” I thanked her.

“You’re welcome Mr. Kim. I’ll be leaving then. Good night Mr. Kim.” She said before leaving.

Catherin has been with our company for three years already. She’s a big help to our company even though her age is only two years younger than me. She has talents that our company needs.

I started to focus on the work that was in front of me. Since my father has been on vacation for the past four years in Australia, he’s left all the business in Asia in my hands. He thinks it’s about time that I should start continuing what he built.

“Dad, you must be having fun with mom aren’t you?” I asked with a smile towards the picture of them in on my desk.

“If we decide to build…”

-Zhang Li Yin-

“I’ve only been here for less than a week and Korea is already boring me.” I complained as I sat on the couch with Eunji.

“That’s because all that you’ve been doing is staying at home and watching TV. You aren’t even actually trying to go outside to look for something to do.” Eunji replied with an apple in her hand and reading a magazine on her lap.

“Why don’t you take me out?” I whined as I pulled on her arm.

“I can’t. I have a date with someone.” She said the same thing every day when I ask her to take me somewhere.

“Who are you going out with?” I ask her.

“No one.” She simply says every time I ask her.

“I’m your best friend. Why won’t you just come out with me?” I ask her with a pout.

“You can manage on your own. If you want, you should just go down to the beach or something.” She tells me.

With that, she drops the magazine and throws away what’s left of the apple and grabs her purse then leaves the house.

I sit and turn on the TV. That’s what I do all day long. I just sit on the couch and watch whatever is on.

I stay in the similar position for six hours until I decide to make myself some dinner.

“Stupid Eunji. Always going out and leaving me by myself.” I say to myself as I stab my broccoli with my fork.

After finishing my dinner, I take my wallet and camera with me and decide to go out to the beach for a walk. At a time like this, everyone would be at home eating dinner rather than going out to the beach.

As I walked out of my own apartment, I glance over at the Kim’s apartment.

‘I wonder if Junsu is home right now.’ I wondered.

Ever since that morning, I’ve only seen him once or twice while I went to throw the garbage. We only chatted for a couple of minutes before his phone would ring, which would indicate another one of his ‘girlfriends’ were looking for him.

Sometimes I wonder if I actually like him. I get the feeling of having a crush on a boy. But I rarely see him, so it would be stupid to like him anyways.

I stepped out into the night with the cold breeze brushing against my skin. I didn’t bother bringing a sweater because I knew it wouldn’t get very cold. I had on a t-shirt and pair of faded jeans. I even wore my flip flops, knowing that I’d be walking on the sand.

I walked closer to the ocean where the moon reflected into the water. Tonight was yet again another beautiful night. And yet, I was spending this beautiful night all by myself.

Catching my attention, I bent down to pick up a perfectly flat rock. It’s been a long time since I’ve skipped the rock along the water.

I took aim and flicked the rock. It pebbled alone the water four times then sunk to the bottom of the ground.

Following the outline of the body of water, I continue my walk along the beach. Not a single soul was wondering around. I was all alone by myself in the night. Which I found was quite nice.

The sand was squishy and warm underneath my toes and the warm breeze was gusting comfortably at me.

I enjoyed this kind of thing. It was a lot better than staying at home doing nothing. At least I could actually think probably this way.

Stopping again, I sat down on the sand and grabbed a handful of sand. I then let it sprinkle out of my hands and back onto the ground. The way it felt was so smooth. In China, it was hard to have beaches this clean, even just the air is bad for us.

The stars were shining very brightly tonight. But there was one star that caught my eye. It was the biggest and shiniest star of all. I decided to make a wish.

“I wish I am able to fall in love with someone who cares for me. I also wish for my parents in China to be healthy and happy.” I wished out loud, thinking that no one would hear me anyways.

I smiled after I finished wishing on the star. I then lied down on the beach, staring up at the moon and the stars.

Somehow I slowly trickled off to sleep. It wasn’t meant to be but I did.

-Jaejoong-

“Finally I’m home. I can get some rest.” I yawned as I walked up to the building.

But just as I was about to head in, something caught my eye. To be exact, it wasn’t a something. It was actually a someone. I saw a body lying on the sand. I decided to walk closer to investigate.

As I walked closer, I could see the chest moving up and down. That meant that person wasn’t dead.

I wasn’t able to see the face clearly because of the darkness, but once I was close enough, I could tell who it was.

But seeing Zhang LiYin sleeping so soundly, I didn’t want to disturb her. Instead, I took off my jacket and laid it on top of her.

“What kind of girl only wears a t-shirt at night?” I chuckled to myself.

Even though I was getting a bit tired, sleep could wait. I’d wait here until she woke up. I don’t want her being out here alone.

I looked at her features. Her perfect skin tone. Her dark brown hair that was evenly spread out on the sand. The beat of her chest pumping up and down.

Then, as if I got cold, I sneezed. I thought it wasn’t that loud, but I guess it was louder than I thought. I had woken LiYin up.

First when she saw me, she stood up quickly and covered her body.

“Who are you?!” She half screamed.

“Calm down LiYin. It’s only me, Jaejoong.” I pulled on her arm.

She peered closer to see if I was telling the truth or not.

“Oh. Sorry Jaejoong. It’s dark and I just woke up to see a man beside me watching me sleep. My reactions were normal.” She said quietly as she sat back down.

“It’s fine. I’m the one to blame.” I told her.

“Oh, here’s your jacket.” She said as she handed me back my jacket.

“It’s fine. I’m not cold. You should keep it on.” I told her. I could see the goose bumps on her arm.

She smiled and put the jacket on.

“So, why are you here?” She asked me.

“I came back from work and when I was about to go inside, I saw you lying here by yourself, sleeping.” I told her with a grin.

Even though I didn’t need the light, I could still see the redness in her cheeks.

“Why are YOU out here at night in the cold?” I asked her back.

“Being home alone is so boring. I came out for a walk.” She told me as she looked out into the ocean.

I nodded.

“You know, this place is so beautiful.” She said all of a sudden.

“You’re right.” I agreed.

“How’s Junsu?” She asked randomly.

“I’m not sure. I haven’t been home for a week. I haven’t contacted him for a week. He’s probably out with friends.” He tells me.

“Oh… I see…” She murmurs, disappointedly.

‘Why does she sound so depressed when I say that?’ I asked myself.

A sudden cold wind blew towards us, making me sneeze again.

“You must be cold. I think I should give you back your jacket.” She says as she once again takes it off and tries to hand it over to me.

“No, I’m fine.” I said, rejecting the jacket.

“You’re going to catch a cold!” She whines as she plucks the jacket onto my shoulders.

“But you’re going to be cold.” I tell her.

“It’s okay. I’m going back up anyways. I’ll see you around Jaejoong. Bye!” She says before heading back up the building.

I sat down on the sand watching her leave before I stood up and headed back up to my own home. It was time to go to bed and get some rest.