1 6

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Eunji-

I was sitting in the living room couch eating my dinner while watching TV at the same time. I have been home alone the entire day while LiYin was out with Junsu having fun. I wish I could also go out instead of just staying inside this boring place.

Suddenly, I heard someone opening the door.

“LiYin?” I gasped out loud when I saw her enter the door.

“Aren’t you supposed to be on your date with Junsu?” I asked her as she slumped her way beside me.

“He left after the theme park. I took the bus back by myself.” She sighed.

“He ditched you?! Why would he do that?” I asked her, surprised.

“His friend called him. He said he had to go do something important so he left.” She calmly explained.

“But did you have fun?” I asked her.

“Yeah. I was having fun until Yoochun and Changmin showed up.” She said.

“What happened when they arrived?” I asked, confused.

“They asked us if we were on a date. Junsu lied to them, saying that we were there with a couple other friends. It seemed like Junsu didn’t want to be seen with me.” She frowned.

“What?! No way. Did you ask him why he lied?” I asked her.

“No, I didn’t bother. He probably has his own reasons.” She shrugged.

“I’m going to go ask him for you.” I said as I was about to grab my phone.

“No, don’t. I’m fine.” LiYin said as she stopped me from pressing the ‘call’ button.

“Aww, LiYin. You should have called me then. I would have went to pick you up.” I said.

“It’s fine, really.” She smiled at me.

“Well, I’m guessing you haven’t had dinner yet?” I asked her.

Her stomach gave me the answer with a growl. We both then started to laugh.

“I made some dinner already. I don’t know if it’s enough. If it’s not enough, you can make yourself some instant noodles.” I told her, pointing at the little dishes on the dinner table.

“Thanks Eunji.” She smiled before getting up to eat.

“Oh yeah, isn’t tomorrow your first day of work?” I asked her, suddenly remembering.

“Yeah. I can’t wait.” LiYin replied, thrilled.

“You’re going to have fun. Especially when Jaejoong is your boss.” I winked at her.

“What are you talking about?” She laughed.

“Well, I mean, if Junsu doesn’t work out for you, you can always go for Jaejoong.” I told her.

“Who says Junsu and I aren’t working out? I think we just need some time.” LiYin replied back as she sat back down next to me.

“Uh huh… whatever you say LiYin.” I said as I concentrated back on the TV.

-Zhang Li Yin-

“That was a good shower.” I said as I sat down on my bed after taking a shower.

‘I wonder if Junsu is back yet.’ I thought as I got up to go out on the balcony.

I walked out to see if there was anyone on the other balcony but got a disappointed wind breeze instead. He wasn’t outside, which meant he’s probably still out.

“Guess I should find some clothes to go to work with.” I sighed as I went back inside.

I searched my closet to see if I had any office clothing. I sorted my clothing into two separate piles. One pile was clothing that I could wear for work. The other pile was all the other clothing. I then hung all my work clothing on one side of my closet, and hung the rest on the other side.

After finishing everything up, I shut the lights and went to sleep, excited for what tomorrow will be like.

---------------

“Hello everyone. My name is Zhang LiYin. I will be Mr. Kim’s new secretary from now on. Let’s work hard together.” I introduced myself to all the staff in Jaejoong’s office. These were the staff that was in this one office. There were dozens and dozens of more staff around the hotel.

Eunji had dropped me off at work because Jaejoong didn’t go home last night.

“Nice to meet you LiYin.” Everyone replied. They then introduced themselves one by one.

“Well then, today’s lunch is my treat. Just to celebrate the welcome of a new member.” Jaejoong said with a smile.

Everyone cheered. Then they all went back to work.

“Okay so LiYin. Here is the worker’s handbook. You should read over it. This is your desk right here. And if you have any questions for me, just dial the number *123 and I’ll answer it from my office. You can ask David here for any other questions.” Jaejoong instructed me.

I waved at the guy called David. He was tall and muscular built. He could go be a model if he wanted to. He waved back at me with a smile.

“Well then, I’ll let you get to work. I hope you’ll get used to this. And good luck.” Jaejoong winked before entering his own office and leaving me to explore my new work place.

“So I hear you’re from China LiYin.” David walked over to me with a smile.

“Yeah.” I smiled back.

“How’d you learn Korean then?” He asked me.

“I have a really good friend who’s Korean. So in exchange, she taught me Korean and I taught her Chinese.” I laughed, remembering the days when we would laugh at each other’s accents.

“Wow. Your Korean is really good. I don’t hear any accents at all.” He complimented me.

“Thanks.” I laughed.

“Yeah, no problem. Say, you want to go get a drink tonight after work?” He asked me.

‘Is he asking me on a date? He’s only known me for less than an hour. I think it’s best if I don’t interact with him so fast.’ I wondered.

“Maybe not tonight. I have somewhere to go tonight. Sorry.” I apologized with a smile.

He was taken aback. I guess he was shocked that someone rejected him.

“It’s okay. There’s always next time.” He said with a smile before leaving to go back to his spot.

“Wow! You’re so pretty!” A girl who I remember to be called Hyemi.

“Thanks.” I chuckled.

“How come your skin is so white even though you lived in China? I thought people who live in China should be more yellow.” She said with big batting eyelashes.

“I’m not sure actually. But most of the time, I’m out playing sports.” I told her.

“Wow, your parents must have really white skin too. And oh my, your skin is so smooth.” She said as she caressed my hand.

“Thanks.” I smiled at her close affection.

She continued to stare at me with affection. To be honest, I was getting a bit uncomfortable. I kept on smiling at her. I was hoping she could leave and let me get to work.

“I think I should get back to work. It was nice to meet you.” Hyemi smiled before leaving my desk.

I let out a little sigh. I could finally get to work without other people disturbing my peace.

Even though it was my first time dealing with this kind of work, I was getting the hang of it. It didn’t seem very hard. The tasks were quite easy. Without even knowing, the time went by and it was already time for lunch.

“Alright guys. Let’s go out for some lunch.” Jaejoong clapped his hands together, getting everyone’s attention.

“LiYin, I’ll be driving you.” Jaejoong said as we all walked down to the parking lot.

I nodded and followed him to his car.

I didn’t know where we were going to eat, but the others seemed really excited. I hope it was something that I like. As we got out, I took a look at the name of the restaurant. Without even having to look inside, I was certain that it was a Chinese restaurant.

“Yeah, we came to a Chinese restaurant because you are Chinese. Now come on and go inside instead of standing outside gawking.” Jaejoong laughed as he pulled me into the restaurant.

To be honest, I actually kind of missed eating Chinese food. I missed the food that my mom made for me for dinner. I made her soups.

“What are we going to order?” Hyemi asked. She was sitting beside me with Jaejoong on my other side.

“Let’s get LiYin to order one dish. Since she is Chinese.” David said. Everyone else nodded their heads.

I picked up a menu and skimmed through the dishes. They all sounded so delicious I wanted all of them. But then I stopped on one that looked very familiar to me.

“Let’s get the seafood fried rice.” I suggested. It was my favorite dish of all time in China. Whenever I went to Chinese restaurants, I would always get my mom to order it.

“Good idea.” Jaejoong smiled as he told the waitress the order.

Everyone else put in suggestions and soon, dinner was served. Everyone dug in and ate until they were all stuffed.

“That was really good. Thank you Jaejoong.” I thanked him as we drove back to the office.

From then till six o’clock, I worked. By the time I got off, I was actually surprised that I wasn’t as exhausted as I thought I would have been.

“Bye LiYin!” All my co-workers said to me as they left. I looked around the empty room to see that I was the only one still inside. Everyone else had already left. I looked into Jaejoong’s office to see that the light was already shut off.

“I guess I should just take the bus.” I said to myself as I grabbed my purse and headed for the door.

“LiYin!” I heard someone call out my name. I turned around to see that it was Jaejoong.

“Jaejoong! I thought you already left.” I said, confused.

“I just went to use the washroom. I’m going home, so I’ll just give you a ride.” Jaejoong offered.

“Sure, thanks.” I smiled at him as we made our way to his car.

“So, how was today? Did you think it was tiring?” He asked me.

“No. It was actually quite easy. And everyone was so nice to me.” I smiled.

“That’s good.” He said as he took a turn on the road.

“Are you always this nice to your staff?” I asked him.

“Yeah. They are working hard for my company.” He told me.

“Mhmm.” I hummed.

“Why did your old secretary leave?” I asked him out of the blue.

“Her family was moving away, she had to go with them. She was with us for three years. I guess you can say we had a good friendship.” He told me.

“Oh, I see.” I nodded. I hope I’ll be as good as she was.

“How was your date with Junsu?” Jaejoong suddenly asked me. I didn’t even know that Jaejoong knew about our date.

“It was great.” I forced myself to say the last word with a smile.

“Oh…” Jaejoong answered.

For the rest of the ride home, the only thing that was talking was the radio. I was busy thinking about Junsu. I didn’t know what Jaejoong was thinking. But whatever it was, it made his eyebrow scrunch together.