4 7 [FINAL]

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Zhang Li Yin-

“Kim Jaejoong, wake up and eat breakfast. We’ve got a big day ahead of us.” I said loudly as I knocked Jaejoong’s door.

Today was the very first day that Jaejoong and I would be going out as a couple. It’s been two days since we officially became a couple. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I’ve never been on a date with a boy before, so I didn’t know what I should do and what I should wear. Jaejoong told me he had something planned for us, but he wouldn’t tell me what it was. He just told me to dress casually. I was dressed in a pair of black capris, a black t-shirt inside, and a white hoodie.

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” He replied groggily. I walked back downstairs and sat down at the table to eat breakfast. Just as I was about to take my third bite of my omelet, I heard Jaejoong’s footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up to see that he was also dressed as casually as I was. He had on a pair of faded jeans, a white tank, and a black sweater.

“Looks great.” He smiled at me before digging into his breakfast. I watched him silently, still wondering if all this was a dream. I don’t know what happened in my last life for me to be able to be with such a great guy in this life. Jaejoong was practically perfect in every way.

“You’re staring at me again.” He smirked.

“I’m still trying to wonder how on earth I was able to get myself such a great boyfriend.” I told him.

“I’m not great. I have lots of flaws too, you know?” He replied after he took a sip from his coffee.

“Alright, name some.” I challenged him.

“I work too much, I’m not good with kids, I….” He tried to continue the list, but it didn’t seem like anything else was coming out of his mouth.

“See? You could only list two. My flaws, I can list more than a hundred.” I laughed.

“Hey, to me, your flaws are nothing. Don’t think so down-rated of yourself.” He smiled.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” I said.

“Anyways, where are we going today?” I asked him with curiosity.

“You’ll see. I’ve printed off directions on how to get there, so as long as you drive, it will be all good.” He smirked again before getting up and putting the dishes into the sink then going back upstairs.

“I’ll meet you in half an hour.” He shouted down the stairs, loud enough for me to hear.

I nodded my head, even though he couldn’t see. After I finished my breakfast, I cleaned up all the dishes and went upstairs to get ready. There wasn’t much I had to do to get ready. I brushed my hair, grabbed my purse, and then went downstairs to wait for Jaejoong.

Ten minutes later, Jaejoong walked down the stairs with a beanie on his head and a pair of sunglasses in his hands. I stood up and grabbed my car keys, and then the both of us headed out the door with the sun shining brightly.

“Alright, so where are we heading?” I asked him as I was about to grab the piece of paper in his hands. The papers had the directions to the place where we were going.

“Nope. I will tell you how to get there. Just listen to me or else the surprise will be ruined.” He pouted as he dodged my hands.

“Fine, which way should I go?” I gave in and listened to him.

“Turn right at the next traffic lights.” He ordered.

----------45 MINUTES LATER----------

“Your surprise was the aquarium?!” I gasped as I got out of the car after parking.

“There’s still another surprise waiting for you in there. I actually got us front row seats to one of the most popular shows.” Jaejoong answered as he took out two show tickets and handed them over to me.

“You got tickets to the dolphin show?! How?! These tickets are so hard to get. All the tickets sold out on the day they start selling. These cost a lot too.” I widened my eyes as I looked at the tickets. Ever since I was young, I had wished to watch the dolphin show at the aquarium. But every time I tried to get tickets, they were either all sold out or they were too expensive for me to get. I’ve watched all the other animal shows at the aquarium, but the dolphin show was the only one I’ve never seen before.

“I have a friend… who works here?” Jaejoong laughed.

“A friend? I didn’t know you had friends in China…” I peered at him.

“You’ll meet him. Come on, let’s go. The show doesn’t start until 1:15. That leaves us with two hours to look around.” He smiled as he took my hand and led me towards the entrance.

“Where’s your friend? I want to thank him for the tickets.” I asked Jaejoong.

“You’ll see later on. Come on, don’t be a poop. Let’s go look at the animals.” He gave me a sour face before pulling me along with him to look at all the exotic animals.

“LiYin! This one looks exactly like you!” Jaejoong laughed as he pointed to a puffer fish.

“What?! I do not look like that, Kim Jaejoong!” I exclaimed.

“You do when you pout.” He smiled at me.

“Fine, let’s find your twin!” I smirked as I searched the tank for a fish that resembles Jaejoong.

I walked and walked, with Jaejoong following behind me as I stopped in front of a tropical fish tank. Instead of finding something ugly, I wanted to find something good looking.

“Jae, do you see that tropical rainbow angel fish?” I asked Jaejoong with my finger pointing at the fish.

Jaejoong nodded his head.

“You’re as pretty and friendly as the fish. Even though it may seem small, it tries its best to survive and not fall down.” I smiled as I watched the fish swim around the corals. With the light shining from the top of the tank, the fish’s colors really stood out.

“Well, it’s exactly like me. Look at the fish that he’s swarming around.” Jaejoong pointed out. I saw the fish serenading a smaller angel fish. The color of the skin was different shades of blue, my favourite color.

“I hope those two are together forever.” I smiled at the fishes.

“Me too.” Jaejoong agreed as he held my hand. I secretly smiled at his gesture.

“Attention to all viewers of the 1:15 Dolphin show. We are now opening doors. Please come getting seats. To all VIP customers, please take the door on the right. That will lead you right to your seats. Thank you and please enjoy the show.”

“Oh, looks like we should get going if we want to get our seats.” Jaejoong said as we walked towards the entrance to the auditorium.

After entering the VIP door, we walked towards our seats. Jaejoong was right, we were up front. We could see everything clearly. Just as I was about to take my seat, Jaejoong turned to me.

“I’m going to use the washroom. I’ll be back.” He said with a smile before leaving. I took my seat down and made myself comfortable.

There was still five minutes until the show started but Jaejoong still wasn’t back yet. He’s been gone for ten minutes already. I took out my phone and tried to call him, but it went straight to the voice mail. Just as I was about to get out of my seat to look for him, I received a text message.

[Just sit and watch. You’ll enjoy the show. I’ll see you soon.]

After reading the message, I calmed down a bit and just sat down, waiting for the show to start.

“Ladies & gentlemen, Dong Bang Corporations is proud to present the biggest show of the year! Please give a warm welcome to all our trainers and our lovely dolphins!” The host announced.

I watched all the dolphins slowly come up from under the tank. On their backs were the trainers. There were a total of five of them. Three of the trainers were wearing a blue suit while two trainers were wearing a black suit. The two trainers in the black suits had on masks, so I couldn’t tell how they looked like.

“Near the end of the show there will be a little surprise for a lucky person in the audience. For now, please enjoy the show!” The host continued.

The lights in the auditorium went off and a spotlight shone on the tank and the fellow trainers. The trainers showed their tricks one by one. I was really amazed by how flexible the dolphin’s body was. Throughout the entire show, I was truly impressed. I was so hypnotized that I forgot that Jaejoong still wasn’t back yet. The show so far was definitely the best water show I’ve ever seen. I was smiling for every second of it. Just after the last trainer showed us the triple spin in the air, the lights went all out. I heard people whispering.

“What’s going on?”

“Is this part of the show?”

“Mommy, I need to use the toilet.”

“JiYong, I’m scared.”

For a couple minutes, there was nothing but whispers among the auditorium. Just as I was about to panic, the spotlights went on, shining on the middle of the big tank. In the middle of the tank, there was one of the masked trainers and his dolphin.

“Ladies & gentlemen, sorry for the darkness just now, but we will be having our surprise for our special guest. Please enjoy.”

“Love, it’s something that can happen in a second, but it’s something that we cannot forget.” A spotlight shone on the speaker. I recognized the voice the very instant he started talking. It was Jay. I looked directly at him and he looked back and me with a smile. He then winked at me before continuing his speech.

“It may take you some time to find love, but once you find it, you’ll not want to let it go.”

‘Is he talking to me?’ I thought to myself. I wanted to know why Jay would be here. I thought he was gone on a business trip.

“When you really do find the one you love, please don’t let go.” He said his last words before disappearing.

The masked trainer in the middle of the tank suddenly started to ride his dolphin forward, toward the outer each of the tank, towards me. As he got closer, I looked into his eyes. They were staring right back at me. I recognized those eyes. They belonged to Kim Jaejoong. He suddenly took off his mask to reveal his handsome face. I could hear girls around me squealing in delight.

“Jae…” I whispered softly.

“There’s this girl who has made my heart beat incredibly for the longest time. She is someone who I fell in love with at first sight. Until two days ago, we were only friends, and before that, she was in love with my best friend. I tried really hard to help them get together, but it seemed like Fate wasn’t on their side. Two days ago, we finally confessed, and I found out that she also likes me. I’m not sure if she likes me as much as I like her, but I hope this relationship will last for a long time.” He spoke out fluently. It was as if he had been practicing for this. Our eyes were locked on each other’s as he spoke. The audience was silent as they listened carefully.

“Today, I want to make a proposal, a proposal to get married. But this proposal is set to take place in three years. I know that I am in love with this girl, but I want to give her time to love me as much as I love her.” He looked around the audience. Then he turned to look at me with seriousness in his eyes.

“Zhang Li Yin, I may not be the first boy you loved, but I hope to be your last. Will you accept my proposal?” He smiled gently at me.

I was shocked that Jaejoong was proposing to me when we had only been dating for no more than three days. But the seriousness that I saw in his eyes told me much more than just playing around. He was serious. I had to take a minute or two to think things over.

“I do.” I smiled at him as I leaped forward to hug him. I knew that I won’t regret my decision. Jaejoong will be my one and only. He was the only who could give me the happiness and loving that I need.

Jaejoong smiled proudly as he blew into a whistle. From the side of the tank came a dolphin with a velvet box on its head. It swam over to where Jaejoong was. Jaejoong then grabbed the box and with his dolphin, he swam towards me. He got out from the water and walked towards me with the box in hand. He opened the box and took out a necklace with a ring on it.

“This ring will be on your finger the day you are ready to be married to me.” He smiled as he put the necklace around my neck. He then showed me the necklace that was worn around his own neck.

“Zhang Li Yin, I love you.” He said loud enough for the audience to hear.

“I love you too, Kim Jaejoong.” I replied honestly with a smile of my own.

The crowd went wild as Jaejoong kissed me. Everyone around me was smiling and clapping for us. I could see Jay on the side laughing and giving us the thumbs up.

I may be stupid for falling in love with Junsu, but surely, my decision for falling in love with Jaejoong is not stupid.