2 7

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Zhang LiYin-

“LiYin! Are you ready yet?” I heard Eunji’s booming voice from the room. I was inside the washroom getting ready for the last dinner we’d be having on Sakura Island. We’d be leaving tomorrow morning.

The restaurant was just in the hotel. It was said to be one of the best restaurants around the island.

“Just about!” I reply as I put on the final touch of lip-gloss onto my lips. I took a final look at myself in the mirror, making sure that I looked good.

I was hoping tonight that Junsu would acknowledge me as a woman, and not a sister.

“Finally, you—“ Eunji stopped midway as she looked at me coming out of the washroom. She stared at me with widened eyes.

“LiYin… You look so beautiful.” She gasped quietly as she looked at me from head to toe.

Because the restaurant is a very formal restaurant, we had to wear formal clothing. I wore a black strapless dress that went just below my knees. There were little sequins sewed on the bottom of it. From the waist down, it was soft and flowing, but the top part was tight and fitting. I had my long hair tied into half a ponytail. Bits of it were hanging on my shoulder in little curls. I tried my best not to put too much make up on because I don’t feel too comfortable with a lot of make up on.

“Thanks, you look really pretty too.” I complimented on her too.

It’s true. She was really pretty tonight. She had on a white long strap dress. You could see bits of the dress glimmering under the room light. It sort of made her glow. She straightened her hair since it was usually wavy.

It makes me kind of depressed that Eunji’s a lot prettier then I am. I was starting to feel like I’ve already lost to her. I had a feeling that Junsu would have his attention all on Eunji instead of me.

After both of us were all ready, we walked down to take the restaurant, where the guys should already be there.

“Hello, how may I help you two tonight?” A young waiter asked us.

“We should already have friends here.” I told him.

“LiYin! Eunji!” I suddenly heard Junsu’s voice.

Eunji and I walked over to where the three gentlemen were waiting for us.

Before I even approached the table, I could see they were all neatly in suits. Junsu had on a grey suit, Jaejoong had on a white suit, and Yunho had on a black suit.

They were all really good looking, but Junsu just seemed to catch my attention.

“LiYin? Is that you?” Junsu suddenly asked me with his mouth open.

I blushed.

“No way… This is the first time I’ve ever seen you dress like this. Why don’t you dress like this more often?” He smiled a big smile as he patted a seat next to him. I was sitting between Jaejoong and Junsu while Eunji sat between Junsu and Yunho.

“Thanks?” I grinned. I was happy that he had noticed me.

“Hello, how are you all doing tonight?” A pretty waitress came and greeted us.

“Good.” We all replied.

“That’s good. Are you all ready to order?” She asked us.

I already knew what I was going to order. We all gave her our menus after ordering.

“LiYin, you look really pretty tonight.” Jaejoong suddenly whispered into my ear.

I blushed at his comment.

“Really? Thanks. You look very handsome too.” I replied without even looking at Jaejoong. I was more focused on Eunji and Junsu. They seemed to be getting a good conversation going on.

I was a bit jealous to be truthful to see them get along so well. Ever since we got to Sakura Island, they haven’t been fighting as much as before. It seemed like they were getting really close with each other.

Meanwhile, Yunho was acting as normal as possible. I guess it didn’t bother him that his girlfriend and his best friend were getting along so well.

“Stop looking at them.” Jaejoong whispered in my ear. He knew that I was starting to get upset because of the expression on my face.

“I’m alright. Don’t worry.” I patted him on the arm.

Jaejoong was taking care of me for the entire night.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen! We hope that you all are having a great night! For the rest of the evening, there will be one of our finest bands playing for us tonight. Feel free to come on down to the dance floor and just relax!” The manager got on stage and announced.

“Eunji, do you want to dance?” Yunho finally asked Eunji with a smile.

“Sure.” Eunji smiled back as the two of them stood up and walked to the dance floor.

I watched as the two of them swayed happily to the music. Even though the guy wasn’t Junsu, I still felt jealous. Eunji’s able to have such a great boyfriend.

“LiYin, do you want to dance?” Junsu suddenly popped the question.

‘HE JUST ASKED ME TO DANCE!’ I screamed happily in my head.

“Yeah, sure.” I smiled as I took his hand and walked with him to the dance floor where Eunji and Yunho were dancing. I had totally left Jaejoong alone by himself.

But at this time, I was too happy to care about anything else. Junsu has finally asked me to dance with him. This was probably the best thing that happened all two weeks.

“You really do look really pretty today LiYin.” Junsu whispered into my ear.

The way he whispered into my ear made me blush and shiver. Just by having his mouth so close to my ear, I couldn’t help but smile.

I had my arms around his neck and he had his arms around my waist. Our bodies were so close together. I could practically feel his heartbeat. I felt myself relaxing as we swayed our bodies to the beat of the music.

Just when I was enjoying myself, the song ended. It ended so quickly. The happy moment I had disappeared when Junsu let go of me, smiled at me, then told me that he’s going to dance with Eunji.

“Hyung, do you mind if I dance with Eunji for awhile?” I hear him ask Yunho.

“Go ahead. Just don’t take her away from me too long.” Yunho joked as he let go of Eunji and passed her on to Junsu.

I stood on the dance floor, stunned that Junsu just left me and went to go snake his hands around Eunji’s waist.

Suddenly, someone turned my body around and placed their arms around my waist. I looked up to see Jaejoong smiling down at me.

“Wha—“ I started to speak, but was cut off by Jaejoong’s finger. He had placed his index finger on my lips to shut me up. I stayed quiet and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I’m glad that whenever I’m upset, Jaejoong would always be by my side looking after me.

“Thanks Jaejoong.” I whispered as I snuggled my face into his chest.

I thanked him for always being there for me. I thanked him for always listening to me when I complain.

When the dinner evening ended, the five of us walked back up to our rooms.

“Well, I’m going off to bed now. I’ll see you guys tomorrow morning.” Junsu said as he waved good bye and went back inside his hotel room.

Suddenly, Eunji pulled me aside.

“LiYin, I think I’m going to confess to Yunho. I can’t bear it any longer. I feel so stressed. I don’t want to pretend to be in love with him when I’m not.” She suddenly said.

I stood there, in every word that she was telling me. She’s actually going to tell Yunho?

“But… I thought you two were actually starting to turn things around. Why are you telling him?” I asked.

My guts were telling me that it had something to do with Junsu.

“Because… because I have no more feelings for him. I don’t want things to get too deep. I know that I’ll have to hurt him one day. I’d rather I hurt him earlier then later.” She explained.

“Then I wish you the best of luck.” Was all I could say. I don’t know what else to say.

Just before we head back to Korea, this kind of thing happens? I just hope that Yunho will be okay.

“Yunho, let’s go get something to drink.” Eunji smiled up at Yunho.

Being the innocent person, Yunho smiled and waved goodbye to us and followed Eunji down to the bartender’s area.

“Well, looks like it’s just me and you, Jaejoong.” I said as turned my attention towards him.

“Maybe I should get back to work.” He suggested.

“Stop thinking about work day and night. You need to relax yourself a bit. And plus, it’s our last night here. Have fun!” I told him with a little shove.

“Fine, fine. What do you want to do?” He asked me for opinions.

“How about we go grab a drink and then walk around the beach area?” I suggested.

“Sure, sounds good to me. But we better not disturb Eunji and Yunho on the way.” He replied.

As we approached the bartender’s area, we saw both Eunji and Yunho, but they didn’t see us. They were laughing along with each other and looking as if they were enjoying the time.

‘I guess Eunji hasn’t told him anything yet.’ I thought as Jaejoong and I ordered our drinks.

“Thanks.” I thanked Jaejoong for treating me to a drink.

We walked out of the crowded area and out to where the beach was. Tonight was a beautiful night. There were stars everywhere and the moon was shining brightly in the dark night sky.

“It’s really nice out tonight.” Jaejoong whispered as we arrived at the beach.

“It sure is. Here, help me hold this.” I said as I handed him my drink.

I then bent down and took off my heels so that I could walk properly in the sand. I loved the feeling of the sand underneath my feet.

“Thanks.” I smiled at him as I took my drink back.

“That’s unfair… I want to walk on the sand too. Here, hold my drink.” He complained as he bent down to untie his dress shoes and taking it off. He took his socks off along with it.

“Are we going to just leave them here?” I asked as he started to walk away from our shoes.

“Yeah, just leave it. No one’s going to take them.” He chuckled as he continued to walk. He then pulled me along with him.

“So, are you feeling any better?” He asked me.

“Yup. I’m okay.” I told him with an assuring smile.

“What’s up with Eunji and Yunho?” He asked me.

‘Should I tell him or not?’ I thought.

‘Oh who cares? I trust Jaejoong.’ I made up my decisions.

“Eunji’s going to break up with Yunho.” I told him.

Jaejoong stared at me with his eyes widened.

“What?!” He raised his voice.

“Hey, quiet down.” I told him.

“Eunji never had feelings for Yunho to start off with. She only went out with him because she felt bad for him. She knew that Yunho really likes him, so she thought she’d give him a chance. She thought that maybe if they were together long enough, she’d start developing feelings for him, but those feelings never came.” I explained.

“And?...” He asked.

“So she decided that she didn’t want to hurt Yunho when his feelings got too strong. She said that she’d rather hurt him earlier when his love wasn’t too deep.” I said.

“Then tomorrow’s going to be really awkward.” Jaejoong sighed.

“It will be.” I sighed along with him.

“I know you’re worried LiYin.” He suddenly said as we stopped walking and faced the ocean.

“Worried? About what?” I laughed.

“You’re worried that Junsu and Eunji will fall in love with each other right?” He asked me.

He saw right through me. He read me like a book.

“Fine, I won’t ask anymore.” He gave up as he saw that I kept my mouth shut and stared into the ocean.

“Thanks Jaejoong. Really.” I thanked him sincerely.

“For what?” He asked, confused.

“For always being there when I’m upset. And for always taking such good care of me.” I smiled at him.

“Hey, that’s what a friend is supposed to do right?” He winked at me.

I chuckled upon hearing his words.

“Oh, I have an idea. You know in those dramas how the actors and actresses would always yell out to the ocean or above buildings when they’re upset? Why don’t you try doing that? Yell out all your anger and depression.” He suggested.

“Are you crazy? This is a public place.” I shook my head as if he went crazy.

“I’m being serious. You’ll feel great after.” He assured me.

I hesitated for a couple seconds. But thought that it’d be quite fun to try something like that. I looked around us to make sure that no one was near us. Then I let it out.

“WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?! I HATE YOU! WHY DO I LOVE YOU?!!!!!!!” I screamed out as loud as I could.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!” I heard Jaejoong scream next to me.

For the entire night, the two of us were outside on the beach screaming our lungs out.

I’ll always remember this night where Jaejoong helped me take out my depression. I’ll always remember how he was always there when I’m upset.