1 7

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Zhang Li Yin-

The rest of the week went by so fast. I was working like an ant. Though the jobs were easy, the hours were long. But I didn’t mind that. I was actually having fun and making money on my own. I was proud and happy.

Sooner than I expected, my first week of work ended. It was now finally time for the weekend and time to spend time with Eunji and possibly Junsu.

“What are your plans for today?” I ask Eunji who was sitting on the kitchen countertop eating cereal while I was standing on the ground eating.

“Well, actually, I don’t have any plans at all. But Yunho had asked if I wanted to go watch a movie with him later on in the afternoon.” She slowly said.

“Really? You should go! Are you finally willing to give him a chance?” I asked her.

“I don’t know if I have feelings for him.” She shrugged.

“Just give him a chance. You never know, maybe you’ll find out that you actually really like him.” I said with a mouthful of cereal.

“I’ll see. I’ll give him a chance. But it’s a chance. It’s not a promise.” She pointed her spoon towards me.

“Fine! But at least he’ll be happy!” I smiled like an idiot. I knew Yunho was going to be happy when he knows Eunji is giving him a chance.

Eunji laughed a she washed the dishes and went to go change.

Later on in the day, Yunho rang our doorbell to pick up Eunji.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come LiYin? You’ll be stuck at home all alone.” Eunji had asked me for the fifth time that day.

“Yes, I’m sure. You two children run along and have fun.” I insisted. Before I shut the door, I gave Yunho a wink and he smiled, his way of thanking me so I wouldn’t be a light bulb.

“Well, what am I going to today by myself?” I asked myself. No one was home and I didn’t have work.

I opened up the TV to see if there was anything good to watch, but after skimming through most of the channels, I decided to just shut it off.

I decided to take a walk on the beach. The weather seemed good and the sand must be warm. I changed into shorts and a t-shirt and went out to the beach in my flip flops.

Once I stepped on the hot sandy beach I could see little children with their parents. I could see people having a barbeque, people playing sports, and people do many other things.

I walked closer to the ocean, relaxing in its presence. Water is something that I feel close to. I remember when I was younger I would always go to the pool with my parents. But I would always have to get in by myself. I hated it when people pushed me into the water, or if they scared me.

I was kneeling on the ground by the water, playing with the sand. Just for fun, I took a nearby stick and wrote ‘Junsu + LiYin’ in the sand. I even put a heart around it. I knew I was thinking too much.

Suddenly, as I stood up, someone lifted me up by the waist and walked into the water. I started to scream. I hated it when people threw me in the water when I’m not ready.

“Let me go!” I started to yell. I didn’t care who it was, I wanted to get down.

I started to kick my legs around and then I kicked something soft. Then the person dropped me onto the ground, holding his stomach.

“Oh my, I’m so sorry.” I apologized as I ran to where he was. I couldn’t see his face because it was faced the other way.

“Are you okay?” I asked, touching his arm.

“LiYin, you kick like a guy.” A familiar voice spoke to me.

“Junsu?!” I asked out loud as I helped him up.

“Ahh, it hurts.” He groaned as he held his stomach in pain.

“Sorry. It’s your fault for scaring me first.” I said as I folded my arms across my chest.

“I was only having fun. I didn’t know you’d take it so seriously.” He replied.

“Well, now you know.” I puffed. I sat down on the ground and he did the same, still holding onto his stomach.

“Sorry.” He apologized quietly.

“It’s alright. I’m good now. Sorry for kicking you in the stomach. At least you’re glad I didn’t kick you somewhere else.” I laughed.

“Oh yeah… That would have hurt a lot more.” He chuckled.

“So, what have you been up to?” I asked him.

“Nothing much, the same old. How’s work?” He asks me.

“It’s been great. Jaejoong and the rest of the workers have been really nice to me.” I smiled.

‘He’s not mentioning anything about the day at the theme park…’ I thought.

“That’s good. I’m glad you’re getting a hang of things. You’re going to need to improve if you want to be as good as Catherine.” Junsu replied.

“You know her too?” I asked her.

“Yeah. She’d come over sometimes with Jaejoong and work on big projects and stuff that has to do with Heaven’s Paradise.” Junsu said.

“Oh, I see.” I nodded.

Just then, Junsu took one of my flip flops and threw ran away with it. He ran into the waters and started to wave at me.

“Junsu! Give me back my flip flop!” I screamed. He was too far away to just whisper.

“Come and get it!” He screamed with a smile.

I quickly held onto my other flip flop and ran towards the water. I placed it on the ground and followed Junsu, trying to retrieve my missing piece.

“Junsu!” I whined as I tried to grab it from his hands. But he was way too tall for me.

Without warning, he kicked water into me.

“Kim Junsu!” I screamed. The bottom half of me was all wet. I was glad I had wore shorts instead of pants.

All Junsu did was start to laugh hysterically.

“You’re going to pay!” I screamed as I kicked back at him.

“Zhang Li Yin!” He screamed. I took a look at him and I had splashed more then I had thought I did. I kicked water so high that some of it had splashed his face and hair.

“Uh Oh.” I gulped. I quickly made a run for it. I could hear him running right behind me, trying to get me back.

“Get back here LiYin!” I could hear screaming.

“No!” I laughed as I ran faster. Even though I was very tiny, I was very athletic. I played tennis and soccer all the time, so I was in good shape.

But I guess Junsu was faster than I was. He also had longer legs then I did.

“Got you!” He huffed when he had caught me.

“Let go of me!” I said as I squirmed, wanting to run away. I didn’t want to get wetter then I already was.

Suddenly I could feel water being splashed behind me. The coolness of the water ran down my back.

“Kim Junsu! That’s cold!” I yelled as I struggled out of his grasp.

“Hah! Serves you right!” He laughed as he clutched onto his stomach.

‘Now’s the time to get revenge.’ I thought.

I bent down and with both hands, splashed as much water as I could into Junsu, making sure that I got his face and hair.

“Hey! Stop!” I could hear him saying, but that didn’t stop me. I splashed him more until I felt I had done enough.

I stood straight up and looked at Junsu. He was covered in water from head to toe. Before getting wet, his hair was spiked up, but now, it hung right in his face. It was such a funny sight to see. I started to laugh so much. Then I noticed something.

His shirt was white, and it was wet. You could see his nicely built body shape. I felt my heart beat faster than before.

“Zhang. Li. Yin.” He said the syllables of my name. Boy, did he sound mad. I quickly started to dash away from him.

“Come back here!” He shouted so loud that the seagulls in the water flew away.

“No! Stay away from me!” I shouted even louder, since I was running away even further and faster. I was still laughing, due to how he looked and my heart was still beating in the way it shouldn’t be.

We were like that for at least an hour, just running around splashing water at each other until we were tired.

“I’m so tired.” I whined as I flopped down on the sand.

“You should be! You kept on running away from me.” He pointed at me as he flopped down next to me.

“Well, if you weren’t chasing me, I wouldn’t have been running.” I stated.

“Well, if you hadn’t splashed water at me in the first place, I wouldn’t have chased after you.” He replied.

“And I see that I’m not as wet as you are.” I laughed at his soaked shorts and t-shirt.

“You ! You were running away from me!” Junsu nudged me playfully.

I stuck my tongue out at him and looked up into the sky as I lay down.

The sun was starting to set and the sky was turning into a reddish color. It was beautiful.

“Look at the sky.” I pointed up.

“It’s pretty.” He replied.

“It is isn’t it?” I laughed.

“I like this time of day.” He said.

“Me too.” I agreed.

Suddenly, my stomach growled, indicating that I was hungry.

I blushed like mad. I was so embarrassed.

“Looks like someone’s hungry.” Junsu teased me.

“I’ve used up all my energy trying to run away from you.” I back talked.

“Fine, I guess we should just go back up. I have to get ready to go out anyways.” Junsu said as he stood up and patted his pants and tried to get rid of as much sand as he could.

“Where’s my flip flops?” I asked. I couldn’t see. I checked where I left them, but they were gone.

“They’re probably already out in the middle of the ocean. Don’t bother looking for them.” He said.

“Then how am I supposed to go home? I can’t walk on dirty concrete. What if there are glass on the ground. What if I cut myself with the glass?” I asked.

“Fine, I’ll carry you.” He said.

“No, it’s okay. I’d rather walk then let you piggyback me.” I folded my arms in front of my chest. But I was lying. I wanted him to piggyback me and be like those couples in dramas.

“Stop whining and get on.” He said as he grabbed me and hoisted me onto his back.

“Fine.” I gave in.

As we walked, I could tell that people were staring at us. I guess they were jealous that we looked so cute together. I was smiling the entire time he brought me back to my home.

“Thanks.” I thanked him as we stood in my doorway.

“Yeah, no problem. You better eat something.” He laughed.

“Yeah, I will. I’ll see you later. Bye.” I waved goodbye as I headed back into my house and closed the door.

I leaned on the closed door and clutched where my heart was. I could feel the heart beating fast. The way he made me feel.

Now I know for sure that I like him. And seeing him act this way towards me today made me feel like he likes me too. I smiled as I made instant noodles for myself.

“Does he like me?” I asked myself.

I really hope the answer is to my liking. I have to find a day when I will confess to him about my feelings for him.

I just hope that his answer won’t disappoint me.