3 1

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Yunho-

‘Why am I here when I am still not over Eunji? Why is Eunji coming in through the door, playfully laughing and fooling around with Junsu? Why have I never seen Eunji this happy when we were dating?’ The questions pondered in my head. I was anxious to get out of the restaurant.

“You two have finally arrived. Took you long enough?” Jaejoong smacked Junsu’s arm as he took a seat down beside him. Eunji took a seat beside Junsu.

“Sorry Hyung, we were watching a movie. Hangover was just too funny. It’s a must see movie of the year.” Junsu laughed, remembering the scenes from the movie.

“It would have been a lot better if you weren’t throwing popcorn at my face and laughing throughout the entire movie.” Eunji gave Junsu a little pout.

I felt a bit awkward seeing Eunji. I still couldn’t get her out of my head. Every time I fall asleep, she always pops into my head. I still couldn’t forget the smile she brings to my face, the tears that I shed for her, the presents I bought for her, the pictures we took together, and the time we spent together. Everything that belonged to her was still in my bedroom.

“Oh! Hi Oppa!” Eunji smiled brightly toward me. That smile, the smile that I couldn’t forget was once again appearing in front of my very own eyes.

“Hi… Long time no see.” I muttered quietly with a weak smile.

“You look so tired Oppa. Please get more rest.” Eunji smiled at me with worry in her eyes.

“I really wish I could…” I whispered under my breath.

“What’d you say Oppa? I didn’t hear you.” Eunji asked.

“Nothing…” I replied.

Eunji then went back to giggling with Junsu. The scene in front of me was a bit more then I could bear. I felt the need to get out, get out of this trapped disturbance. I suddenly felt someone from my right squeeze my hand. I looked over to see that it was LiYin. She gave me an assuring smile. I gave her hand a little pat, telling her that I’ll be fine. But I was lying to her, and lying to myself.

“Oh! The funniest thing happened to Eunji today while we were out.” Junsu suddenly blurted out after swallowing his food. He put down his fork and gave a little laugh towards Eunji.

“Oh no… No! Junsu, don’t say anything! That was so embarrassing!” Eunji cried as she her head in her hands.

“What happened?” Jaejoong asked them, wanting Junsu to continue on with the story.

“Well, Eunji and I were making our way to my car after the movies, and we had a long way to walk to the car which was on the other side of the alleyway. There were no lights in the alleyway so of course I told Eunji to stay closer to me. I even took out my cell phone to let the light shine our way to my car. But suddenly I hear Eunji murmuring behind me. I look behind to see her crouched on the ground, whimpering. I ask her what’s wrong and she tells me that she’s too scared to look. I tell her to get up and just walk. She doesn’t listen and continues to crouch and whimper. Then I tell her that I’m leaving and she could go home by herself. I walk slowly but then I hear a loud scream and the next thing I knew it, Eunji was running faster than I had ever seen a girl run. And the reason why she ran was she saw a cockroach run by her. How could a girl like you be afraid of a little cockroach?” Junsu laughs so hard his face turns bright red.

“Hey! Stop it! I was scared okay?!” I saw Eunji pout at Junsu as she hit him on the arm. Everyone else was laughing.

That kind of skin ship made me tilt my head down even lower and pretending that I didn’t see any of that. Instead, I hurried and finished up my dinner so I could get out of here and get back home.

“Oh, guys, I forgot to tell you something. I’m leaving tomorrow. I’m going to Canada to stay with one of my old friends.” I suddenly told them. The truth was I was going to Canada so I could get away from all this and just have some peace. I didn’t have any friends or family over there. It was something that I had confirmed last night. I knew that it’s a fast decision, but I had to get out of here.

“What?! Since when?” All four of them exclaimed with a shock expression.

“Since last night. I have a friend that needs my help with his business. I don’t know when I’ll be able to come back and visit.” I said to them.

“No, you can’t just leave like this.” Jaejoong protested.

“I have to. I promised him Jae.” I replied with a small smile.

As we walked out of the restaurant, I couldn’t help but look at Eunji for a while longer, I wanted to remember her face before I go.

“Oppa… do you really have to leave?” LiYin asked me with a pout.

“LiYin… I have to… I promised my friend. Don’t frown. You can always come visit me.” I smiled at her as I patted her head.

“Hyung, have you double thought about this? You should triple think about this decision.” Junsu came up to me with his hand on my shoulder.

“Yah, don’t be like this. You might be better off without me here.” I whispered the last part.

“Yunho, can I talk to you for a sec?” Eunji suddenly came up to me. I nodded and she led me off to a bench.

“What’s up Eunji?” I asked her, looking straight into her eyes.

“I…I’m sorry.” She whispered with her head down.

“Huh? Sorry for what?” I asked her, confused.

“I’m sorry for what I made you into. I’m sorry for leading your feelings on, I’m sorry for messing with your love life, I-I’m s-sorry f-for…” She started to sob quietly, not being able to continue on with her sentence.

“Eunji… stop crying.” I whispered to her as I held her close to my chest.

“Y-Yunho, I-I’m sorry.” She sniffed.

“Don’t be. I know you don’t love me as a boyfriend, but I still love you like before. Whatever you say won’t change my mind about that decision.” I said quietly to her. I was telling her the truth. Though I know she’ll never change her feelings for me, I am still able to have my own feelings for her.

“I love you, but as a friend. You’ll always be the best Oppa in my life. I don’t want to ever lose you.” She looked up into my eyes. Her eyes were sparkling in the darkness.

“Eunji, I have something I need to ask you. You have to tell me truthfully, okay?” I sincerely asked her. This was the question that I was most afraid to ask.

“Go ahead Oppa.” She said to me.

“Do… do you like Junsu?” I asked her, looking into her eyes.

“Huh?! What?” Eunji looked shocked to be asked this question.

“Do you like Junsu?” I repeated.

“I… I… don’t think so.” She looked blankly at me. Her eyes read confusion.

“Ask yourself. Do you like Junsu? I can see it in you two. You never smiled and laughed like you do with Junsu when you’re with me.” I confronted her.

Eunji looked at me in the eyes. It seemed like she was trying to search for an answer, an answer that not even she knew. Did she really not know about her own feelings for Junsu?

“I don’t know! I don’t know Yunho! I… I can’t like Junsu… I… What should I do Yunho?!” She started to shake her head wildly around. To me, she looked like she was going crazy.

“Eunji… admit to those feelings. When I see you with Junsu, there’s an aura that comes off of you two. You really think you two could hide those feelings? It’s so obvious. I’m pretty sure that Jaejoong and LiYin are thinking the same things.” I straightforwardly told her.

“I don’t know… all I know is that I feel very relaxed and comfortable when I’m with Junsu. He makes me laugh and smile a lot more than before. After I met him, I finally understood pure happiness. But, I’m not saying you didn’t give me happiness. You did give me happiness. But that happiness felt different then what Junsu is giving me.” She explained thoroughly.

“See! That just means you have feelings for him. Even though I can’t give you that kind of happiness, I want you to receive that kind of happiness even if it’s from somebody else. Promise me that you’ll confess to Junsu. I want you to be happy.” I told her honestly as I looked her in the eyes.

“I’ll see…” She gave me a weak response.

“Well, we should get back to the others now.” I said as I stood up and walked back over to where the rest of the group was.

“Yunho, I’ll really miss you. You have to come back and visit us whenever you can. I’ll be calling you and giving you updates. Take care of yourself.” Jaejoong came up to me and gave me a tight hug. He’s my best friend, one that I’ll never forget.

“I will, you better take care of yourself too.” I smiled at him.

“Bye Yunho, don’t work too hard.” LiYin gave me a hug.

“See you buddy. You’re always welcome to stay.” Junsu smiled at me as he gave me a pat on the shoulder.

“Bye Oppa. Please take care of yourself. And thank you for all that you’ve done for me. I won’t ever forget you.” Eunji gave me a kiss on the cheek. I looked into her eyes to see that she was starting to get teary.

“Don’t cry Eunji. And remember what I said.” I winked at her.

“I’ll hopefully see you guys soon.” I waved to them as I disappeared into my car, leaving behind my past and heading towards me future.

It may be a bitter farewell, but it’s a farewell that will last forever in my memories.