2 6

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Jaejoong-

“She didn’t even look at the crystal. She didn’t seem like she was interested in the color of my rock.” I said quietly to myself as I looked at the sparkling rock in my hand.

It’s already been two days since our visit to the cave. Ever since that day, I’ve been thinking why LiYin’s eyes are only opened towards Junsu and not me. To be truthful, I was ever bit jealous of Junsu that he got all the attention from LiYin. But at the same time, I felt bad for LiYin because Junsu only treats her as a sister, a best friend.

“Jaejoong? Are you alright?” Junsu suddenly appeared in front of me, waving his hand in front of my eyes trying to get my attention.

“Huh? Yeah.” I mumbled.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, his eyes were full of concern.

“Nothing, probably just tired. I stayed up too late last night finishing up work.” I quickly thought up a lie.

“Don’t stay up too late. It’s not good for your health.” He complained with a pat on my back.

“I know. Thanks.” I said with a smile. I knew Junsu cares about me very much.

But as I looked at Yunho, who was sitting on his bed, also looking at his crystal, I walked over and placed my hand on his shoulder. Junsu had gone into the washroom to take a shower. We were about to head out to eat dinner.

“Yunho, what’s wrong?” This time it was my turn to ask him.

“Oh… Nothing…” He replied as he stuffed the crystal in his pockets.

“I know it’s something. Tell me.” I said as I tried to make him pry open his mouth.

“I… I have a feeling that there is something wrong between Eunji and me.” He said with a sigh.

“Something wrong between Eunji and you? How could that be?” I asked, confused. I had seen them being together and they looked like a great couple.

“These couple of days, she hasn’t been acting the same way. It seems like she’s really distracted.” He explained.

“Maybe it’s just her time of the month.” I swatted the idea.

“I hope so.” He said with his down looking at the crystal again.

‘Looks like I’m not the only one that is having trouble with love.’ I thought to myself.

“Hyung.” Yunho interrupted my thoughts.

“Huh?” I asked.

“If you ever find a girl you love, don’t give up on her so easily.” He said as he patted my shoulder. And with that, he went to the closet to grab his clothes.

‘Don’t give up?’ I thought to myself.

‘Yunho’s right. I’m not going to give up that easily! I still have a chance.’ I thought positively as I put a smile on.

-Zhang Li Yin-

“Wow… This place is quite nice.” I exclaimed quietly as the five of us entered the exquisite looking restaurant.

“Of course! I wouldn’t have booked this restaurant if it’s not good.” Eunji smiled as we got seated.

“Hello, my name is Alexandria. I will be your waitress tonight. May I ask if you are ready to order yet?” A pretty brunette waitress came to our table with a smile.

We nodded and after taking a look at the menu, we each ordered a dish. Not look after, our food arrived and we all started to enjoy our meal.

“It’s already been a bit more than a week since we’ve arrived on this island. I feel a bit sad knowing that we’ll be leaving soon.” Eunji said as she poked her steak with her fork.

“Me too. I don’t want to go back to Korea.” Junsu agreed with her as he took a sip of red wine.

“I don’t want to leave this place either, but work is calling me. They are slacking off when I’m not at work to supervise them.” Jaejoong said as he put a piece of chicken into his mouth.

“Don’t worry. Life is long. We’ll have plenty of other chances to go on vacation.” I assured them with a smile.

We all smiled and continued to enjoy the rest of the night. After we all finished eating, we went back to the hotel. I thought I ate too much so I decided to go into the gym and sauna to relax a bit.

Walking into the gym, I saw no one in there. I was all by myself. I started off with the treadmill and made my way through almost every machine.

Just when I was about to go change into a bathing suit to go into the sauna, the door to the gym opened and in came Jaejoong in shorts and a t-shirt.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“They forced me to come out and do some exercise. They said I was working too much.” He rolled his eyes.

I laughed at what Yunho and Junsu had done. It was true that Jaejoong was working too much. He needs to relax a bit.

“Where are you heading?” He asked me.

“I was just about to go change and go into the sauna.” I told him.

“Mind if I join you?” He asked.

“Sure. You go into the sauna first. I’m going to go change.” I told him as I scurried away into the change room.

“Maybe I should’ve asked Junsu if he wanted to join me.” I said to myself as I put on my bikini bottoms and a swimming tank top.

I grabbed my water bottle and a towel and went into the sauna to join Jaejoong. It doesn’t bother me that it will be only Jaejoong and I. I’ve always thought of Jaejoong as a really good friend of mine. I was at peace and relaxed when I’m around him. He makes all my stress go away.

The moment I stepped in, I saw that Jaejoong was wearing nothing but his shorts. I couldn’t help but look at his figure. When I first met Jaejoong, I would have never guessed that he had such a nicely built body. He wasn’t too built nor too scrawny. He was just right.

The way the abs was chiseled made me blush. I didn’t notice that I had been staring at him until he spoke up.

“LiYin? Are you alright? Is it too hot in here?” He asked, concerned.

“Yeah. It’s just a bit too hot.” I quickly responded as I fanned my face.

“You’ll get used to it, don’t worry.” Jaejoong said.

I smiled as I took a seat next to him.

“How are things with you and Junsu?” He suddenly asked.

‘Oh great. The topic that I don’t like talking about.’ I rolled my eyes without Jaejoong knowing.

“Uh… great.” I lied.

“Then why were you so upset when you found out Junsu and Eunji had the same color crystal?” He asked me.

“I… don’t know…” I didn’t feel too comfortable telling him about my feelings for Junsu.

“I know why. You’re upset about the whole Junsu and Eunji thing. You’re upset that they got the same color crystals. You think they’re fated to be together. Stop believing things like that. Those crystal myths are just myths. They’re nothing but stories.” Jaejoong said as he looked me in the eye.

“I’m telling myself that, but whenever I see them getting close together, I just start thinking weird things.” I said as I looked at the ground.

“You shouldn’t think like that. You know that Eunji has Yunho. And you know that Junsu is a very flirty person. He won’t like someone very long. He practically changes his girlfriend every week.” Jaejoong told me.

“I know that…” I pointed out. Every week, I’d see a different girl entering his home.

One time when I was using his phone to call Eunji, I went through his contact list. There were at least one hundred female names on his list. It saddened me to see that he had a nickname for every single one of them. But when it got to my name, all it said was ‘ZHANG LI YIN’.

“I want to stop loving him, but I can’t control my feelings Jaejoong… I don’t know what to do. I’ve been so stressed because of him.” I groaned as I put my face into my hands.

-Jaejoong-

‘Can’t control her feelings for him? She’s really in love with him.’ I thought sadly to myself. But I continued to listen to her complaints.

Inside my heart, I could feel my heart beating a bit, not because of happiness, but because of sadness. Things are getting more and more complicated. She loves Junsu, I love her, but who does Junsu love?

“Jaejoong, what should I do?” She suddenly asked me.

I don’t want to give her an answer that would make her upset. Just seeing her in this state is already making me upset.

“Do you really, really like him?” I asked her for confirmation.

“I… I don’t like him. I think I’m in love with him. The way he smiles at me, the way he talks to me, the way he acts around me, I feel like I’m falling for him more and more every day.” She explains.

I thought over what she just said to me. I knew the next words that I would be saying, I’d regret it.

“Then… don’t give up. If you really do love him, don’t give up on him.” I let the words slip out of my mouth like toxic.

It hurt my heart to say these words, but I just want LiYin to be happy.

“Don’t give up?” She murmured as she went into a deep thought.

For the rest of the time in the sauna, she kept quiet. I also kept quiet. I wanted her to have a real thought.

‘Am I making the right decision?’ I thought to myself.