0 4

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Zhang Li Yin-

I woke up in the morning with the sun shining into my eyes. I looked at the clock. It read ‘9:42 AM’.

I went downstairs to get a glass of water. I couldn’t find Eunji in her room or in the house anywhere.

“Eunji?” I asked out loud.

There was no reply.

I walked to the fridge to see a note attached to it.

‘LiYin. I’m out buying some groceries. I’ll be home later. Why don’t you go out to the beach for a while?’

I decided that going to the beach wouldn’t be a bad idea. The weather was great today.

I went back to my room to go out on the balcony. I took a look at the beach. Since today was a Saturday, it seemed like lots of people went to the beach. There were even people having a barbeque. I could see kids and their parents swimming in the water. I could see girls and guys lying down on their towels, sun tanning.

“I guess I should do some tanning myself.” I said as I examined my pale skin.

I opened my drawer and fished out my short shorts, bikini top, and tank top. Then I slid on my flip flops. I packed some fruits, a book, towel, and sunscreen into my bag and I was ready to hit the sandy beach.

I wrote a note for Eunji, telling her where I’ll be. Then I left.

“The sunshine is awesome.” I said to myself with a smile as I got out of the building’s door and into the sunshine.

“Yes it is.” I heard a voice behind me.

I turned my head to see Jaejoong behind me in shorts and a white tank. Just like the one that Junsu had yesterday night.

“Oh, hello Jaejoong.” I greeted him with a bow.

“No need to be so polite.” He smiled.

I laughed and nodded.

“Hyung, do you have the stuff?” A random voice cut in.

I turned the other way to see Junsu running towards us.

“Oh yeah. Right here.” Jaejoong said to Junsu as he passed him a bottle of ketchup, hot dogs, and buns.

“Good morning LiYin.” Junsu greeted me with a wink.

“M-Morning.” I greeted back.

“Would you like to join us? Hyung, I, and some of our other friends are having a barbeque down at the beach. And I can see that you were planning on going to the beach.” He said as he looked at my outfit. This is when I feel like I should have worn something more.

“But I don’t know your friends.” I honestly said. I don’t feel comfortable being around people I’m not familiar with.

“That’s why you should tell Eunji to come.” Jaejoong cut in.

“She’s out right now buying groceries.” I told them.

“That’s great. Can you call her to tell her to pick up some drinks for us? I’ll pay her back when she comes.” Jaejoong politely asked me.

I nodded as I took out my cell phone.

“Eunji? I’m at the beach right now. I just met Jaejoong and Junsu. They’re having a barbeque with their friends. They were wondering if you and I wanted to join them.” I said into the speaker.

“Sure. Sounds good.” She replied.

“And they asked if you could buy some drinks.” I passed on the information.

“Okay. No problem. I’ll be back in fifteen minutes. I’ll just come down to the beach once I put away our groceries and change into beach clothing.” She said.

“Okay. I’ll see you later. Bye.” I said before hanging up.

“Okay, so she’ll be here in fifteen minutes. I’ll just wait for her.” I told the two guys that were in front of me.

“She’ll come down by herself. You should come and join us right now.” Junsu said as he dragged be towards the area where their friends were.

I eyed the big group. There has got to be at least twenty people. Most of them were girls too. I could see three other guys with them.

“Um... I’ll just stay here and wait for Eunji.” I said, pulling my arm away from Junsu.

There are definitely too much people.

“Why?” Junsu asked, confused.

“It’s nothing. I’ll just wait here for her. You two should just go ahead.” I told them.

“Okay I guess if that’s what you want. Hyung, let’s go back.” Junsu said to Jaejoong.

“I’ll stay with her. You can go back for now. I’ll be back once Eunji comes.” Jaejoong suddenly said.

“It’s okay Jaejoong, you can go with him. I’ll be fine by myself.” I told him with a smile.

“I’ll stay for now. You should go Junsu, they’re probably waiting for the hot dogs anyways.” Jaejoong smiled.

“Alright. I’ll see you two later then.” He said before taking off and running like an idiot with hot dogs in his hands.

“Why don’t you go join them? I’ll be fine by myself.” I told Jaejoong who was now sitting down on the rock beside mine.

“I’m here to keep you company.” He simply said as he looked into the sky.

I laughed at his lame excuse.

“So I hear your parents are the owners of Heaven’s Paradise.” I said.

“Yup.” He replied.

“How does it feel to have to take over the company?” I ask him.

“Hard.” He replies with yet another simple word.

“Uh huh...” I said out loud.

It’s hard to get this guy to talk more. Why can’t he be more like Junsu?

“So, how are you?” I tried asking him.

“Tired.” He simply replied.

“Oh, I want to ask you. Do you know anywhere that needs a helper? I want to find a job.” I asked him.

I don’t want to keep on asking my parents for money.

“Why?” He asked.

“Well, I don’t want to ask my parents for money. So I want to find a job that I could handle myself.” I told him.

“I’ll help you look around.” He said.

“Thanks.” I smiled at him.

“Welcome.” He simply replied.

“Can Chinese people drive?” He suddenly asked me.

“Isn’t that a stereotype question?” I asked.

“Yeah, that’s why I want to know.” He said.

“Well, to tell the truth, we can. All people can drive, so why can’t Chinese people drive?” I told him.

“Mhmm.” He hummed.

“Oh, maybe I should go make something for the barbeque.” I suggested.

“It’s fine. We have everything. You don’t have to bring anything.” He said.

“Are you sure?” Because I feel really bad joining you guys if I don’t bring anything.” I said with a frown.

“Don’t worry. You can just bring your stomach. There will probably be way too much food anyways.” He chuckled.

I nodded.

“LiYin!” I heard Eunji’s voice from behind me.

She was running towards us. In her hand were bags and bags of drinks. But it seemed like she hasn’t changed yet.

“Here are some of the drinks. I have more in the back of my car.” She said as she handed the drinks to Jaejoong.

“I’ll come with you to grab them.” I said to Eunji.

“But I haven’t changed yet.” Eunji pouted.

“Don’t worry. I’ll get Junsu to go with you.” Jaejoong said as he got Junsu’s attention to come with me.

“Hey Eunji.” He greeted her.

“Hi.” Eunji blushed.

“Can you go help LiYin with the drinks?” Jaejoong asked him.

“Yeah, sure.” He smiled at me.

Then, Jaejoong walked back to the area with the drinks while Eunji went back upstairs to change. Junsu and I walked to Eunji’s car with her keys in my hand to grab the drinks.

“Enjoying the sun?” He asked me.

“Yeah. I love the sun.” I told him with a smile.

“Me too.” He said as I opened Eunji’s trunk and took out the last of the drinks.

“I guess this is it.” I said as I handed two bags to Junsu. I carried one bag.

We walked back to the beach area were his friends were. As I approached them I saw how much food was on the table.

There was food all over the table. No spaces left.

“There’s so much food.” I said out loud to no one in particular.

“I told you.” Jaejoong smirked as he appeared in front of me.

“LiYin. I’m back.” I heard Eunji appear beside me. She was wearing the exact same outfit as mine except her tank top was black and her bikini was gray. My bikini was blue and my tank top was white.

“There are so many people.” She whispered to me.

“I know. I don’t know any of these people except Jaejoong and Junsu.” I whispered back.

“Hey everyone.” Jaejoong got everyone’s attention.

“This is Zhang LiYin. She just moved here from China. This is Seo Eunji. They are my neighbours.” He said as he pointed to the two of us.

I could feel everyone’s eyes on us. The sudden attention from everyone made me uncomfortable.

“Hi.” I heard Eunji say loudly.

“Hi.” I followed suit, but mine was a lot quieter than Eunji’s.

There was no response.