3 2

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Zhang LiYin-

The days with Yunho being around us are already over. His sudden leave left us all bewildered. We were all sad that Yunho left, but he wanted us to not get upset over it. He wanted us to be happy. Yunho was the only person that could relate to me in terms of love issues. That’s why, for the first two weeks, I became depressed and saddened. When Eunji tried talking to me, I couldn’t fully concentrate on what she was saying because I was too upset. The only person that I would actually speak a word or two to would be Jaejoong. Even at work, he’d always ask how I was doing. Instead of working in the office all the time, Jaejoong sometimes had me down at the beachside helping out. He said if I were near the ocean, I’d feel more comforting and relaxed. And truth was, it did. Day by day my depression started to fade.

I was walking alongside the beach, picking up any garbage that was lying around on the ground with a smile and my throat humming out a tune of happiness.

“Looks like somebody is in a good mood.” A soft voice came from behind me.

“Oh, Mr. Kim. How long have you been here?” I asked him with one of my eyebrow raised.

“You don’t have to call me that when it’s just the two of us, you know that. And, I just got here. I was walking to my office when I saw you down here. So I decided to come and say hello.” He replied with a smile on his face.

“You know, you shouldn’t stay in the office all the time. You become too serious. You should come out here more. You’re always smiling when you’re down here.” I pointed out.

“Hey, I’m a busy man. If I had the time, I would gladly like to come down more often. Especially if I have someone to come down with.” He laughed as he started to pick up garbage from the ground too.

“Here, let me do it.” I said as I used my clipper to grab the piece of garbage and put it into the garbage can.

“Don’t you enjoy working out here more than working in the office?” He asked me as we continued to walk down the beach.

“Of course. The weather is great, the feeling is great, the smell of the ocean is great, and the sound of happiness coming from the kids is great. It’s a lot better than the feeling in the office.” I chuckled.

“I agree, especially if you’re with someone who is great.” I heard Jaejoong mumble quietly.

“Why don’t you go find that person you like? Then, you can have a great time with her on the beach.” I told him.

“I’ll do it, when the time is right.” He sighed.

“Hey! Give yourself some confidence! Who wouldn’t want you? I mean, you’re rich, you’re handsome, you have a great personality, and you have great style sense.” I named off his qualities.

“Do I really have all those?” He asked, confused.

I just nodded my head and smiled at him.

“Huh… then why am I still single?” He asked.

“Maybe because you’re using most of your time at work instead of going out and having fun. I mean, take Junsu as an example. He’s always out, that’s how he gets all those girls. Maybe you should learn from him. Get a bit more active!” I playfully hit his arm and laughed.

“Okay, fine. How about we go out tonight? We can call out Eunji and Junsu.” He exclaimed.

Junsu… the name that is still throbbing in my head. The name that I want to forget but can’t. I could only let myself suffer as I watch him flirting with Eunji. I had tried my best to avoid both of them as much as possible. But I was going to have to face them sooner or later. Though Eunji had never said anything about being together with Junsu, my guess was that it’d be soon.

“Okay… I guess so.” I replied with a softer tone.

“Hey, I don’t want to see you unhappy tonight. So just let yourself relax and try your best to have fun. I want you to go back to the LiYin that I met when Yunho was still here. I don’t want you to keep on being depressed, okay?” Jaejoong looked at me in the eyes and my mind could only go blank as I stared into them. His eyes seemed to be memorizing me. I had to use so much effort in order to look away.

“I… uh… better get back inside. I still have lots of things to finish. I’ll see you tonight.” I smiled at him before I headed back inside to the lobby. I quickly went to the washroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

I found my cheeks to have a tint of pink. I found my heartbeat increase.

“The weather is too hot. I should go get a drink to cool down.” I mumbled to myself as I walked to the lounge.

-Eunji-

“Yah! Eunji, are you ready? We’re going to be late if you don’t hurry up!” I heard Junsu calling me from my living room. I was in my bedroom getting ready to go and meet up with LiYin and Jaejoong at the club. Tonight we would party since Jaejoong and LiYin has a day off the next day.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I replied as I opened my door and walked down the hallway in my four inch heels.

“Finally, why do you always take so lo--” Junsu suddenly stopped his sentence midway after looking up from the magazine he was reading to see me in front of him, showing a lot of skin.

“Why are you wearing that outfit?” He asked me, face blushing.

“Why not? We’re going clubbing, aren’t we? Isn’t this what you wear to go clubbing?” I asked him, confused. I was wearing a short, white miniskirt, a deep v-neck, purple frilly top, and the white, four inch heels.

“Why do you have to show so much skin?” He asked me again, this time his voice getting a bit more serious.

“We’re going to a club Junsu. Get with the program.” I replied, starting to get annoyed. He doesn’t have to tell me what to wear and what not to wear.

“Look, I’m going to the club, but I’m in a collar shirt and jeans. I’m not going there with my boxers. Now go put on something else.” He argued as he tried to push me back into my room.

“No. I’m. Not. Changing.” I groaned out each word as I tried to push the other way.

But wearing the four inch heels, I accidently tripped and landed on the couch. My first reaction was to grab onto something that could keep me standing, but then I had accidently pulled Junsu down with me.

The first thing I looked into as I opened my eyes was the color of Junsu’s eyes. They were the color of dark hazelnut. His eyes were hypnotizing me. I couldn’t take my eyes away from his. The longer I stared into them the faster my heartbeat went.

‘Is this what Yunho was talking about? Am I really falling for Junsu? But… I can’t…’ I thought in my head as the stare continued on and on.

Suddenly, Junsu’s head started to lean toward mine, inch by inch, centimetre by centimetre. I felt the need to get up and move away from him, but my head and heart was not letting me move. I was as solid as a statue.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Junsu’s cell phone started to ring. The both of us instantly jumped up from the couch. Junsu went to grab his cell phone and I stood up fixing my clothes and hair.

“Hi Hyung.” He mumbled into the speaker. He sounded a bit annoyed at the moment.

“Yeah, we’re coming.” He replied.

“Okay, we’ll see you later. Bye.” He said before hanging up the phone and putting it into his jean pocket.

“Uh… that was Jaejoong. He said to hurry up.” Junsu said to me without looking at me. His hands were in his pockets and his head was bowed down, not wanting to look at me.

“Yeah, okay, let’s go.” I whispered quietly as I followed him out of the house and into his car.

The entire ride to the club, neither of us spoke a single word. We had the radio as a distraction.

When we got there, the both of us entered together but when we got to the table where everyone else was, we both went to sit on either side of Jaejoong and LiYin.

“Wow, took you two long enough. We already ordered some beer for you guys. Change it if you want. But, why is it always that you two are the ones that are late?” Jaejoong greeted us.

“I was getting ready, sorry.” I smiled at him.

“Alright, let’s stop talking about who was late and whatnot and start partying!” LiYin shouted over the loud music being played in the room as she raised her cup of beer, waiting for us to cheer.

The rest of us raised our cups and tapped our glasses, getting ready for the night. I even looked over at Junsu to see that he was smiling at me. I weakly smiled back, remembering what had happened earlier.

Part of me actually wanted the kiss to happen. At this point, I’m starting to question myself. I actually think that I might be in love with Junsu. But another reason as to why I cannot be with him is LiYin. I know that she loves him a lot.

“Come on! Let’s go out and dance!” LiYin jumped up from her seat and shouted towards us.

I smiled as I followed her onto the dance floor, holding her arm.

When we got to the centre of the dance floor, the two of us danced together to the beat of the music.

It was the first time that I actually took a close look at what LiYin was wearing. It was not her usual attire. She had the hair up in a messy bun, her make-up was the y look, and she was wearing a black lace up tank, white short shorts, and a pair of y, black heels to finish the look. She even painted her nails black just to go along with the outfit.

“Someone looks great tonight.” I whispered into her ear, as the music was too loud.

“You’re looking even better.” She chuckled into my ear.

Then, all of a sudden, someone pulled me from the waist and I departed away from LiYin.