3 7

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Jaejoong-

For an entire week straight, there were no change in LiYin’s emotions. She was the same as she was when she figured out Junsu and Eunji were dating. I tried many different ways to try and make her happy and to go back to how she was before, but nothing worked. She became really quiet and independent.

Every day, she would wake up, go down to the cafeteria and eat, go to the library and read, and then have dinner, and then she goes to take a shower and then goes to bed. That’s how most of her week went.

I tried my best to talk to her when I wasn’t working. But when I would ask her questions, she’d just reply with a short answer and a little smile then she would say she has something else to do and goes off.

I finally had enough of her locking herself up from the world. No matter what, I will get her out of this place and see the outside world again.

“LiYin, let’s go have lunch.” I said to her after I had taken the rest of the afternoon off. I grabbed her arm and dragged her towards my car. It wasn’t until I grabbed her wrist that I noticed how thin she had become in just a week. I’m sure she hasn’t been eating properly.

“I don’t want to go.” She said stubbornly as she struggled out of my grip and stayed wherever she was standing.

“LiYin... you’ve been hiding inside the hotel for the entire week. It’s like you’re locking yourself in there. Why can’t you come out and enjoy the air?” I asked her with begging eyes.

“It’s too bright and too hot. I’ll go next time.” She replied as she took off back into the hotel.

I quickly ran towards her and stopped her from going any further. Today’s mission is to bring her outside, somewhere other than the hotel.

“You’re coming out!” I exclaimed as I held onto her arm solidly so that she won’t be able to escape. “And no more making excuses.”

“I. Don’t. Want. To. Go.” She struggled as she tried to pry open my hands from hers.

“I’m not going to let you continue locking yourself from the outside world. You let an entire week go by just like that. I know you may be upset because of what happened last week, but you can’t let that destroy your life! You can’t just be like this because of those two!” I shouted with anger. I did not want her to be like this. If the only way to make her snap out of it by anger, then I will use it.

She stood there staring at me. This was probably the very first time that I’ve used this tone towards her. I then watched as her eyes started to get teary.

‘Was that a bit too harsh?’ I thought to myself.

“LiYin... I’m sorry... I didn’t mean to raise my voice at you like that. It’s just... I’m trying to make you snap out of this depression.” I softened my voice.

“I’m... I’m not depressed. I’m just... thinking about stuff...” She mumbled in response.

“Well... A week is enough time to think about stuff. Now, I’m going to bring you out, whether you like it or not.” I responded as I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my car. I felt her trying to struggle, but it was no use. I had a tight grip around her.

“Sit and be good.” I told her as I put her in the passenger seat and then shut the door. Then I sat down in my own seat and started the car.

“Where are you taking me?” She ordered with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

“I’m taking you out to lunch.” I told her as I drove out of the hotel’s parking lot.

I could see LiYin wincing from the brightness of the sun. She probably didn’t even open the window blinds in her room.

“Are you feeling any better lately?” I asked her quietly. I watched her body tense up after I asked her that question.

“Mhmm... a bit... I think...” She replied with a little nod.

I nodded my head and continued driving until we reached our destination. I purposely brought her to the same restaurant that Junsu and Eunji told her that they were dating. I wanted to see if she really had calmed down a bit.

“This is...” She looked up when we had arrived. I watched as her body started to quiver.

“Can we get out of here?” She asked carefully, eyes starting to water a bit.

“But I’m hungry. I wa—” I started but was interrupted by LiYin.

“I said I don’t want to be here!” She shouted before opening the car door and running away.

I left my car in the parking lot and ran out after her. I didn’t want the same thing to repeat. I ran until after her until she arrived near a forest where she had stopped and crouched down. Then I slowly walked over to where she was and hugged her, smoothing out her hair.

“I didn’t want to remember. It’s just... his face popped back in my head. I couldn’t control it.” She sobbed.

“I know, I know. I shouldn’t have brought you here in the first place... I’m sorry LiYin.” I apologized.

“How about... we go get some ice cream. Want to?” I asked her with a smile.

She looked up at me and slowly nodded her head. The both of us slowly walked back to the car. I was happy. Not because I was able to make her walk back and see the restaurant, I was happy that she is following me out. I’m glad that she’s willing to stay outside for some ice cream.

I know that she doesn’t like me at the moment, but I’m willing to wait for her. I’m willing to be a replacement for Junsu. As long as she is happy, I’m fine with anything.

-Eunji-

It’s been one week since that day. That one week, I haven’t seen LiYin. I was really worried about her.

“Hey, thinking about LiYin again?” Junsu showed up by my side, handing me an ice cream cone.

“Yeah... I wonder how she is.” I replied with a smile as I took a of the ice cream.

“Don’t worry. Hyung is looking after her, she’ll be fine.” He caressed my arm.

“I hope so...” I mumbled as we continued to eat our ice cream.

“You know what? I think I should go visit her. I’m really worried about her. I mean, Jaejoong can’t always be taking care of her, he’s always working. She probably hasn’t been eating properly either.” I took a second thought.

I knew dating Junsu would be a bad decision. Part of me wanted to end my relationship with Junsu after seeing LiYin all depressed, but the other part of me wanted to continue the relationship with Junsu because I found out that the more I’m with him, the more I love him. I know I’m being a selfish brat, but sometimes in life, you have to be selfish to live on.

-Junsu-

“No! You can’t. She’ll just explode if she sees you. You know that she’s hurt right now. What we need to do is give her some space and some time. I’ll call Jaejoong later and ask him how she’s doing... that is if he’s willing to tell me...” I whispered the last part.

Ever since that day, Jaejoong had been a bit upset with me. I haven’t called him, I was afraid that he would get even madder at me. He was being super protective over LiYin because he loves her. I figured that point out a long time ago. His gestures and expressions towards her were totally different from how I saw him treat other girls.

He’s never gotten mad at me just because of a girl. This was the first time. I know if LiYin goes with him, she’d definitely be a lot happier than being with me. Only Jaejoong could give her the life that she wants.

“Whatever, let’s not let that kind of stuff get in our brain. Today, we have to have fun!” I smiled at Eunji as I stood up from the bench and held out my hand for Eunji.

Today, we decided to go to the theme park. I have got to say, I used to hate these kinds of places, but coming here all the time with Eunji, I’ve gotten attached to this place. Especially when you’re with someone you love.

“I guess you’re right... Jaejoong will take care of her.” Eunji smiled at me as she grabbed my hand along.

Inside, I really felt like I did something that I shouldn’t have done. But you have to sacrifice something in order to gain something else. I don’t want LiYin to be dragged on by someone who doesn’t love her. I’d rather have her be with someone who would actually take care of her, love her, and cherish her.