0 3

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Zhang Li Yin-

“Mmmm, smells good Eunji. What’s for breakfast?” I asked when I woke up to the delicious smell that was coming from the kitchen.

“I tried making some fried rice for you. I’m sorry if it doesn’t taste the same as the ones you eat in China. My home stay always cooks the fried rice for me; this is the first time I’m making this.” She laughed as she scooped some into a bowl for me.

I took a small spoon and put it into my mouth. I was surprised.

“Eunji, this is good! Tastes exactly like the ones I have in China!” I truthfully told her.

“Are you telling the truth, or just teasing me?” She looked at me with suspicion.

“If you don’t believe me, try it yourself.” I said as I shoved the spoon at her.

She opened to taste it. Her eyes opened and she started to smile.

“See, what did I say? It does taste good.” I laughed at her.

“Well, I’m not a great chef, so I don’t believe in myself. At least this one turned out good.” She said as she took another scoop.

“What are we going to do today?” I asked as we continued to eat our breakfast.

“Well, I was thinking of taking you to do some shopping, just if you needed to buy anything.” She said with her fist under her chin and her face in a frown.

“Sounds good. I want to buy some stuff to go to the beach anyways. And I think I need to get some sport equipments.” I said as I got up to put away my bowl into the sink.

“You’re planning on playing tennis and soccer again? I thought you had enough of it when you lived in China.” She complained.

I loved to play tennis and soccer in China. I would play it almost every week. The only time I wouldn’t be playing was when the weather was getting bad or if I had lots of homework to finish up.

“I can’t help it. Tennis makes me happy.” I told her.

“Okay, okay, we’ll go buy stuff.” She rolled her eyes as she went to get her stuff.

“What are we going to do after the mall?” I asked her as we walked into the mall.

“Well, we can always just go back home or something. Unless, what do you want to do?” She asked me back.

“Let’s rent a movie?” I suggested.

“Okay, sounds good.” She replied.

“I think I’ll get this racket, these tennis balls, and this soccer ball.” I said as I held onto my stuff and went to purchase them.

“Why didn’t you just bring your own from China, why buy new ones?” Eunji asked me as I paid for my things.

“My suitcase didn’t have enough room for it.” I told her as we walked out of the sport shop.

“Well, do you want to have lunch here? Or go home for lunch?” She asked me as we reached the food court.

“Let’s have lunch here. There are more choices to choose from.” I said.

She nodded and searched for a lunch that suited her taste.

“I think I’ll just get some sushi. What about you?” She asked me.

“I’ll get the same I guess.” I said as we went up to the sushi stall and ordered our meal.

“Wow, this smells great.” I complimented on the sushi combo that lay in front of me.

“It tastes even better. This is my favourite sushi stall.” Eunji smiled as she and I found a table to sit down and eat.

I took a California roll and put it in my mouth, then started to chew. Just as I was about to compliment on how it tasted, I saw something that captured my eye.

“Eunji, isn’t that Kim Junsu? Who’s that girl?” I asked her. Without knowing, my face turned into a frown.

“Oh, that’s probably his new girlfriend. He has so many. He probably changes them every week.” Eunji simply said like it was the most normal thing ever.

I choked on my sushi. I quickly grabbed my pop to wash away the bulge that was in my throat.

“Are you okay LiYin?” Eunji asked me.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just a bit surprised. Why does he have so many?” I ask her, curious.

“I guess he knows he’s good looking. Maybe it’s not his girlfriend. Maybe it’s just another one of his crushes.” She simply replied.

I continued on looking at Junsu. There’s something about him that makes me attracted to him. Something that every other girl sees.

Then, he turned around and saw us. He waved with a big smile at us. I saw Eunji smile and wave back. I also waved back, but without the smile.

“Hey guys. What are you two doing here?” He comes over with the girl and asks us with a big smile.

“We’re just doing some shopping. LiYin wanted to buy some sport equipments.” Eunji replied.

“Oh, you play sports? I do too. What do you play LiYin?” He asked me with a dazzling smile.

“I-I play soccer and tennis.” I replied, not being able to look at his face.

“Soccer? I love playing soccer. Maybe we should play together some time. I want to see how good you are.” He smirked.

“Okay, sure.” I mumbled as I went back to eating my sushi.

“I guess I’ll get going. See you two around.” He waved good bye before walking away with the girl right beside him.

We both waved at him as he walked away. I looked at him and the girl. They were not holding hands, but they were obviously flirting with each other with all the pushing and laughing.

‘Wait, why am I even looking at them?’ I asked myself.

I went back to eating my lunch and chatting with Eunji. After we finished eating, we went to Rogers and rented a movie to watch. We then drove back home and popped some popcorn and got comfy on the couch.

The movie was at least two hours long. Even though it wasn’t the type of movie I would watch, I still cried. We watched ‘The Notebook’. The story was so sad. So sad that both Eunji and I cried. I hate crying while watching movies. I’d rather watch something dramatic or funny than watch something sad.

“That was a good movie. Don’t you think?” Eunji asked me with a red nose.

I couldn’t help but laugh at her. Her entire nose was red.

“Hey! What are you laughing at?” She pouted at me.

“Your nose. It’s red.” I said in-between my laughs.

“Your nose is the same!” She laughed and pointed at me.

I threw a pillow at her. She caught it and started to throw it at me. I caught it and threw it back at her. She grabbed another pillow and started to whack me with it. That’s how are pillow fight started.

We were having so much fun that we totally lost track of time. It was already dinner time.

“LiYin! Come get dinner.” I heard Eunji call out for me as I was in my room looking at my emails.

“Coming!” I replied as I shut my computer off.

“Were you checking emails?” She asked me as we ate.

“Yup, my parents just emailed me.” I told her.

“Are they doing well?” She asked me.

I smiled and nodded. Eunji was really close with my mom and dad. She would always come over to my home whenever she could. My parents loved her.

We took our time eating our dinner. But I felt like I should go get some exercise.

“Eunji, I’m going to go play some soccer. You want to join me?” I asked her.

“Nah, it’s okay. You can go. I’d rather stay home and watch another sad movie.” She laughed as she put away the dishes.

“Okay. Just call me on my cell if you need me.” I told her as I went to change. I grabbed my soccer ball and said good bye to Eunji before I left the apartment building to go to the park that was near our building.

As I was kicking the ball around the park, I thought back to the time of day when I saw Junsu with another girl.

As I thought, I kicked the ball to somewhere else. I ran to grab it, but before I reached it, a pair of hands was already holding onto my ball. I looked at the owner of the hands to see it was Kim Junsu.

“Hey.” He greeted with a smile.

“Hi.” I replied. I was a bit nervous to be alone with him. I don’t know why though.

“I see you’re playing soccer.” He pointed out.

I nodded.

“Mind if I join you?” He asked.

“Sure. I need someone to practise with anyways.” I told him.

He took off his sweater to reveal a white tank underneath.

“Aren’t you cold?” I asked him, too afraid to look at his nicely built arms.

“Nah, I’m a man.” He smiled at me before he ran away with MY ball.

“Hey! Come back here!” I shouted playfully as I ran after him.

We were having so much fun that we didn’t even notice that the sun had already went down and that the night sky was coming out.

“You’re pretty good for a girl.” He smirked.

“Of course. You’re not bad yourself.” I replied as I sat down on the grass.

“Maybe we can play tennis sometime. I actually at it, so I’ll probably need your help.” He said as he looked into my eye.

“Y-Yeah, of course.” I replied, stumbling my words a bit.

I have no clue why I’m getting nervous when I’m with him. I’ve only met him yesterday.

“Great, I’ll see you later then. I had fun today.” He smiled at me before grabbing his sweater and going back inside the building.

I continued to lie on the grass. I wanted to recap what we just did. We just played soccer with each other. We had fun. But why am I having a weird feeling?