4 3

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Zhang LiYin-

For two weeks, Jaejoong and I went to different places around my city, did some shopping, hang out with my old friends, and stayed at home with my grandma. In those two weeks, I was able to forget about Junsu and Eunji. I was able to let go of my hatred for them. I had forgotten what it felt like to have loved Junsu, someone who would never love me back in the same way. With many places to explore, many great foods to eat, and many great adventures, Jaejoong kept me away from the thoughts of Junsu. For those two weeks, neither of us spoke of Junsu and Eunji.

The two of us were sitting on the couch sipping on green tea when my cell phone suddenly started to ring. I looked at the caller ID to see that it was Jay who was calling me.

“Morning Jay.” I answered the phone.

“Hey, a bunch of us are thinking of going out to play some paintball shooting. Do you and Jaejoong want to join us?” He asked me.

“Paintball gunning? That sounds fun. Let me ask Jaejoong first.” I replied as I covered the speaking piece with my hand before turning to Jaejoong.

“Jay asks if you want to go paintball gunning.” I told him.

“Sure, why not.” Jaejoong smirked before returning his attention towards the TV.

“Yeah, we’re coming. Where should we meet you guys up?” I asked Jay.

He then told me the directions and what I should bring. Apparently, our destination is only about half an hour drive away. Jay told us to meet him at 1:30. That left us with an hour and a half to get there. I told Jaejoong to go upstairs and get ready to go. I did the same. By the time we were ready, we headed out to meet up with the others, getting excited because it was the first time I’ve ever played paintball. When we arrived at our destination, everyone was already there.

“Hey, you made it.” Jay smiled as he gave me a little hug, which I happily returned back.

“LiYin! So happy you came!” Cici came up to me and gave me a hug.

“Jaejoong! Hi!” She smiled widely as she gave him a hug too. I winced inside as I saw how she smiled at him.

Everyone else soon came and said their greetings and such.

“I’ve already paid, so you and Jaejoong should go get fitted.” Jay said as he showed me the change room.

“Whoa, can I even run in this?” I asked myself as I picked up the protective uniform. The suit felt so heavy in my arms. There was even a protective vest underneath. It took me a while to put everything on, but by the time I did, I didn’t think the outfit was as heavy as I thought. At least I could move around easily. I tied my hair up into a ponytail and grabbed everything else I needed and headed back out to where everyone else was.

“Alright, so we have to sort ourselves into teams. We’ll be in two teams. Come over and pick a ball. On that ball, there will be one of two colors.” Jay instructed. But I noticed that Jaejoong was missing. I quietly nudged Jay.

“Where’s Jaejoong?” I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders as he went back to helping people get the colored ball.

Suddenly, a loud thud was heard and my head was turned straight away to the change room door. Jaejoong came out in his full body suit, looking like some sort of professional. His dark brown hair suited well with the outfit. His usual, gentleman look was no replaced with a very bad- look. And somehow, I preferred this look on him. It made him look stronger and manlier. But I wasn’t the only one that noticed. I could see all the females were staring at Jaejoong with lustful eyes, especially Cici.

“Alright, Cici, it’s your turn.” Jay motioned for her to grab a ball. She picked one and the color was black.

“LiYin.” Jay said. I grabbed a white ball. A little voice inside me told me that being on the opposite team as Cici was a good thing.

“Jaejoong, your turn.” Jay said to him as he reached into the bucket. Jaejoong pulled out a black ball, which meant he’s on the same team as Cici and is my enemy.

“Well, the last ball goes to me I guess.” Jay said as he pulled it out. It turned out to be the only white ball left. Jay and I were on the same team while Cici and Jaejoong were on one team.

“Alright! Let’s get to our bases. The game will start shortly after.” Jay shouted as everyone ran to their bases.

“Hey, be careful out there. These things hurt if you’re hit.” Jaejoong warned me with a serious tone.

“Don’t worry, Jay is with me. Just watch out for yourself. You never know when I’ll pop up and shoot you.” I smirked at him.

“We’ll see about that.” He laughed as Cici pulled him away.

“Let’s get this started.” I whispered as Jay and I walked to our base.

“Thank you for coming out and please enjoy your game. Please make sure all helmets and masks are worn properly because we do not want to be responsible for any injuries. And the games begin!” The speaker boomed.
“Let the games begin.” I smirked as I dashed foreword, ready to defend myself and take offense. I sensed someone right ahead of me, hiding in the bushes. I aimed for their body and shot them in the leg.

I continued my trail as I was determined to eliminate the others. Being a first-timer, I didn’t have much problem grasping the concept. I dodged, ran, rolled, hid, and shot my prey. But even though I saw many lose, I still haven’t seen Jaejoong or Cici appear. They were my biggest target. Suddenly, a shadow ran past some bushes. I recognized it to be none other than Kim Jaejoong. But following right behind him was another figure with long wavy hair. If my mind was right, that must be Cici. I found a nearby bush, large enough to hide myself as I stabled my gun, aiming for the female.

“LiYin, take care of Cici. I’m going in for Jaejoong.” I heard a soft whisper. I turned my head to see Jay. Before I could say anything, he had already sprinted forward towards Jaejoong.

I focused my aim on Cici. But Jay was in the way and Cici and Jaejoong were moving too quickly. I wasn’t able to get a lock-on. Suddenly, Cici spotted me and started to aim her gun towards me. In order to not get hit, I crawled on the floor, trying to get away. I had to hit her before she fires at me. I hid behind a giant oak tree, trying to blend in. Suddenly I heard the sound of the gun shooting. I turned my head to see that it barely missed me. Cici had shot the tree and she was now aiming again, this time for me. I hid from her and aimed my gun straight at her. I shot fire but it missed and hit the leaves right behind her. This alerted her. She quickly took aim and shot at the area around me, but surprisingly, not one hit me.

Out of nowhere, I heard gunfire. I turned my head and saw Jaejoong and Jay competing against each other. They were shooting each other, but it seemed like not one bullet hit either of them. I couldn’t see their expressions, but it seemed like they were trying to kill each other. I slowly got up and tried to stop them because it looked like they would start punching each other any second now. But just as I was getting up, Cici took the chance and shot me right in the stomach. She didn’t shoot only once, but she shot multiple times, increasing the power. I fell backwards with my head hitting a piece of wood. The moment my head hit the wood, I felt everything around me turning into a blur. I saw a blurry image coming towards me with a frightened expression. As I felt warm liquid trickling down my neck, I felt my eyes give up and close.