2 8

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Eunji-

“Hey, do you want to go outside on the balcony?” I asked Yunho.

We both got up from the stools that we were sitting on in the bartender’s area. We then walked outside to the balcony area. When we arrived outside, there was no one at all. It was just the two of us.

‘Great, more privacy.’ I thought to myself as we both sat down on a nearby bench with our drinks in hand.

I knew that tonight was the night that I had to get things straight with Yunho. I just can’t stand lying to him anymore. But even if he hates me after tonight, I’m fine with it. I’d rather him hate me now then let him get hurt even more in the end.

“I’m going to miss the night sky once I go back to Korea.” Yunho whispered as he sipped his drink, staring out at the night sky.

“You’re right. All the stars look so sparkly tonight. I’ll miss Sakura Island too.” I agreed.

I’ve been thinking of confessing to him since the beginning of the trip, but I wanted to let us have a memorable two weeks before telling him.

Both of us stayed in silence for a couple moments. It really is hard to tell him my true feelings. Though I’ve broken up with guys before, this is the first time that I’ve been frustrated.

“Yunho?” I asked.

“Mhmm?” He mumbled with his eyes shut.

“I need to tell you something.” I whispered quietly.

“Go ahead. You can tell me anything.” He smiled at me.

‘Why are you treating me so nice when I’m about to put you in pain?’ I asked myself.

“I… think… I don’t like you.” I blurted out.

He looked at me as if I said something really bad. But I did just say something really bad.

“What are you talking about Eunji? Aren’t you happy with me?” He asked, forcing a smile on his face.

“I really am happy when I’m with you. But… it just seems that I like you as a friend, nothing more. I really hope that you understand. I thought that if I tried going out with you, my feelings would change. But it seems like I still treat you as a friend, nothing more.” I said to him with a stern voice.

I didn’t dare to look at him with my eyes. I was so scared to see Yunho unhappy or mad. Both he and I stayed silent for a moment until he finally decided to speak up.

“So you didn’t like me to begin off?” He asked, voice trembling a bit.

I nodded my head slowly.

“Then why did you act like you do like me?! You gave me false hope!” He raised his voice. But you were still able to tell that his voice was trembling. I sensed that he was close to coming with tears.

“I… I’m sorry.” Was all I could say.

“Sorry? That’s all you have to say? Seo Eunji… I loved you, but you say these kinds of words to me as a response? If you didn’t like me, you shouldn’t have continued to lead me on.” He laughed sarcastically.

“Why can’t you see that I was really trying to make myself accept you?! I did. I tried my best to make myself love you back, but it didn’t happen!” I stood up from the seat as tears started to stream down my face.

I saw Yunho’s head dip into his hands. He was shaking his head furiously as if he was going crazy. He then stood up about to scream at me until he saw that I was crying.

“Eunji… I hope you’re happy. I hope you’ll find someone you’ll actual love back. I hope you won’t make the same mistakes twice.” He softened his voice. After saying what he had to say, he walked away from me.

I watched him through my watery eyes as he disappeared back inside the bar. I could tell that I had hurt him deeply. Watching him become so sad in just a matter of minutes made my heart break a little. I didn’t like it when the people I care about get hurt. Even though Yunho and I cannot become lovers, I still hope that we can be friends.

As I enter my room, I noticed that LiYin was still not back. I was glad she wasn’t back yet. It gave me some room to think about what I did. But before I do that, I head to the washroom to wash up. After washing up, I slowly walk back to my bed, in my pajamas. I lie down on my bed as thoughts started to fill up my head. I drifted off to sleep before LiYin came back.

-Zhang Li Yin-

“Eunji, are you okay?” I knocked on the washroom door. Eunji had been in the washroom for over an hour already, I was getting a bit worried.

“Yeah! I’m almost done!” I heard her reply back.

Within seconds, the door to the washroom opened and Eunji came out with a towel wrapped around her hair. She looked so tired, as if she hasn’t slept at all last night.

“Whoa… what happened to you?” I asked as I took a closer look at her face. You could see her eye bags.

“I told Yunho…” She whispered quietly to me. When I came back into the room last night after being with Jaejoong, I saw that Eunji was curled up in a ball. I thought she was sleeping so I didn’t bother to disturb her.

“You did? How did it go?” I ask her.

“He took it better than I expected. I really didn’t want to hurt him, but I know right now, his heart must hurt a lot. I’m sure he hates me.” She shook her head in dismay.

“Hey, don’t think like that. You never know, maybe he thought things over and figured out what you did was for the best.” I told her as I patted her back.

“Oh well… I just hope we’re still able to be friends.” She sighed as she sat down on her bed and started to dry her hair with her towel.

“Well, you’re going to have to see him anyways in like half an hour or so.” I told her.

“I know, I know for sure that things will be awkward.” Eunji groaned as she stuffed her face into her pillow.

“Hey hey, don’t worry. Maybe he told the guys, and the guys probably talked some sense into him.” I tried to comfort her.

“I hope so…” She replied as she stared out into space.

After we finished packing up, we went over to see if the guys were ready. We knocked a couple times before Junsu came to open the door.

“Hey, are you guys ready?” I ask him.

“Almost.” He simply replied as he opened the door so we could go in. I could tell that Yunho had already told the guys. Junsu was definitely acting a bit strange.

“Hey, where’s Yunho?” Eunji asked as she looked around the room and still wasn’t able to find him.

“He went down to get some coffee.” Jaejoong replied.

“Did he tell you guys anything?” Eunji asked carefully.

Both Jaejoong and Junsu nodded their head.

“Why? Why would you break Yunho’s heart? You knew that he loves you, but you still lied to him. Why would you do that?” Jaejoong suddenly raised his voice a bit.

“Hyung, she’s a girl. Don’t scare her like that.” Junsu tried to calm Jaejoong down.

“But Eunji, why did you break up with him? Was there another reason besides you not loving him back?” Junsu peered into my eyes, trying to look for another answer.

“What other answer could there be? I told him that I only treat him as a friend, nothing more.” Eunji told him, looking at him in the eyes.

“Let’s stop arguing okay? We have to hurry to the airport to get on the plane. Are you guys ready yet?” I break their little moment.

“Yeah, we’re just about. You guys can go down to the lounge first. We’ll meet you two in ten minutes.” Jaejoong replied as he scurried us out of their room.

Eunji and I nodded as we made our way back to our room. We grabbed all our belongings and headed down to the lounge.

In ten minutes time, we saw three figures walking towards us, luggage in hand. I could see Yunho was in-between Jaejoong and Junsu. I looked at Yunho’s face. He looked just as tired as Eunji. Seeing him hurt like this made me feel bad for him. When they arrived, Yunho didn’t bother greeting us. He just stayed silent and kept his eyes somewhere other than Eunji. You were able to see that he was avoiding her.

We made our way to the airport and checked in. Then we got on the plane and waited for the plane to take lift off. The five of us were seated in a line. Eunji was on one end of the line and Yunho was on the other. I was sitting beside Eunji and Jaejoong. Hours later, we finally arrive back in good, old, Korea.

“Finally, it’s good to be back at home.” I yawned as we arrived on our floor.

Ever since yesterday, Eunji and Yunho haven’t spoken a single word to each other. They were both completely avoiding each other. I wanted them to stop avoiding each other. I gave a couple suggestions to Eunji, but every time she tried to talk to Yunho, he just kept ignoring her or walked to somewhere else. Yunho had already gone home, since he doesn’t live with Jaejoong and Junsu.

“I’m hungry. Do you guys want to have some dinner?” Junsu spoke up.

“I’m a bit tired.” Eunji replied.

“I know! How about we make dinner? Eunji, you can go get some sleep. When dinner’s ready, we’ll call you, okay?” I suggested.

Eunji simply nodded and went back into her own room.

“We’ll come over in a bit after we put our stuff away.” Jaejoong said as he and Junsu went inside their home.

I went back into my own room and put away my stuff. I then washed up and got ready to make dinner.