4 4

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Zhang Li Yin-

“Ahh… the breeze feels great. I’m finally out of that stuffy room. If I stayed in there for a whole day doing nothing but sleep, I swear I’m going to go crazy. You don’t know how it feels to be stuck in that room twenty-four seven, smelling the hospital stench while others are outside enjoying this beautiful weather.” I stretched my limbs once I reached the hospital courtyard where lots of other patients were playing around. Jaejoong was right beside me. Today was the second day since I’ve been aborted into the hospital. My head wasn’t feeling as bad as before but there would be throbbing every now and then. My grandma, Jay, Cici, and quite a few other people came to visit me this morning to see how I was doing but they all left after an hour or two. I assured them I was alright and if anything came up, Jaejoong was right by me. I had to admit that waking up to have Jaejoong by my side last night made me felt secure and safe and that sudden peck on his cheek was something that I couldn’t control. Ever since I woke up last night, I realized how much Jaejoong means to me and how much of an idiot I’ve been to not notice he’s always there when I need someone. I can’t believe I’ve been spending so much time mourning over Junsu.

I’ve made my decision to start cherishing Jaejoong.

“Hey, stop complaining. I was also stuck in that room with you. And don’t tilt your head so far back, your head will hurt.” Jaejoong sat down on the bench behind me. I continued my stretching until I felt like my arms and legs weren’t numb and tired anymore. Then I took a seat right beside him on the bench.

“You know, you don’t have to be here.” I pointed out with a smirk.

“It’s my responsibility to take care of you and to make sure you are safe. That’s what I promised.” He simply said.

“Promised who?” I asked.

“Your grandma and Jay.” He replied.

“Since when did you promise them?” I turned my head towards him. But I might have turned it a bit too quickly. My head started to feel dizzy and I had to lean on Jaejoong for support while my hand was touching my head.

“LiYin, are you alright?” Jaejoong asked with a worried tone. He quickly wrapped an arm around my waist to steady me and started to massage my temples. The doctor had taught us how to calm the mind if it starts hurting. Rub the temple in a circular motion to ease the pain.

“I’m fine…” I mumbled as the pain started to ease. I felt a bit better after Jaejoong’s touch. It was as if he had the hands of peace and serenity. He continued to massage my temple as I slowly placed my head on his lap and shut my eyes with a smile on my lips. I enjoyed Jaejoong’s company and I knew, deep down in my heart, I was actually starting to fall for him, something that should have happened a long time ago.

“To answer your question, Jay told me to take care of you when he leaves China for work. And I promised your grandma that I would be by your side whenever you’re in danger.” He answered my previous question.

I nodded my head, understanding his reply.

“Jaejoong ah…” I mumbled quietly enough for Jaejoong to hear.

“Mhmmm?” He replied back.

“I’m officially over Junsu. Thanks for staying by my side all this time. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t know how long it would take for me to forget him. It’s time for me to move on.” I said quietly, trying to hint something to him.

In my mind, I wasn’t exactly sure if Jaejoong likes me in that way or not. Yes, he’s always there and is always caring about me, but Jay is like that to me too, yet he only thinks of me as a sister. Both Jay and Jaejoong’s actions for me are the same, but Jay treats me as a sister. Would that mean Jaejoong only thinks of me as a sister too?

“I’m glad you’re over him. It’s about time you moved on. You’ve been sober for too long.” He laughed. I could tell his mood was happy.

We stayed silent for a while as Jaejoong continuously massaged my head. Thoughts were going through my head. I was deciding on whether I should be telling Jaejoong about my feelings or if I should investigate myself. Suddenly, a question in my head popped up.

“Jaejoong… do you like Cici?” I asked him.

He stopped massaging my head and I opened my eyes to see him staring down at me. Then he started laughing, nonstop.

“What’s so funny? I’m asking you a serious question.” I pouted at him as I sat upright.

“What makes you think I like Cici?” He asked me after he stopped laughing.

“Well, I don’t know if you like her, but it seems like she likes you. Can’t you tell that she’s always trying to be cute in front of you? And I’ve noticed whenever we’re out together she’s always clinging by your side.” I explained.

-Jaejoong-

‘Ohh… so someone seems to be jealous. Fine, I’ll play along with you, Zhang Li Yin.’ I smirked in my thoughts.

“Well, I can’t help it if she likes me so much. I mean, I am good looking and I’m nice to everyone. I’m the doll that everyone loves.” I smiled at her.

“Kim Jaejoong, don’t think you’re so hot. Your ego is too much. You might start to burst.” She said in a tense tone. I could tell she was not happy with my reply.

‘Is she falling for me?’ I wondered to myself happily.

“Okay, fine. I’ll tell you the truth. I don’t like Cici in that way. She’s too… cute for me. I like women who are more independent and not so whiny and cute like her. I also don’t like how she wears so much make-up and buys clothing more than food. I like woman who are themselves and aren’t always worried about their weight.” I truthfully said. In a way, I was describing LiYin, hoping she would get the idea.

“You’ll be able to find her someday, don’t worry.” She smiled at me.

“I hope so…” I smiled and looked up at the sky.

For the rest of the time that LiYin was in the hospital, I stayed by her side night and day, not letting her out of my site unless she was in the washroom. One of the nurses purposely put a retractable bed in the room so I could stay in there. People came by the hospital every day to send their greetings and presents. LiYin’s grandma would come in at least once a day to give LiYin some soup that would make her getter better faster and to give me some clean clothing. A week after being in the hospital, LiYin was finally able to leave.

“Well Ms. Zhang, it looks like your head is doing well right now. It’s healing at quite a nice pace. Just make sure you don’t do any extreme sports or movements. Also, try to stay at home for a week or two before going outside. We want you to heal to the point that it won’t stretch open the injury. I’m sure Mr. Kim here will be able to look after you, so I’m not worried at all. Remember to come back in two weeks so we can see how the healing is going.” The doctor said before we left the hospital.

“It feels so nice to be out of the hospital. There’s nothing to do in there, no wonder the characters in dramas are always saying how the hospital is so boring.” LiYin laughed as we walked towards LiYin’s car in the parking lot. But before we reached it, out of nowhere appeared Cici and Jay.

“LiYin, how are you feeling?” Jay asked her as Cici walked up beside me.

“Better, a lot better.” She smiled.

“LiYin! I’m so glad you’re okay. I felt so bad after what happened.” Cici frowned.

“It’s alright Cici. I’m fine now.” LiYin gave her a reassuring smile.

Cici gave her a hug and another frown before turning to me and smiling.

“Jaejoong! Let’s go have some lunch! I’m sure you two must have been having a hard time eating hospital food all week.” She grinned.

I looked and LiYin, trying to see if she wanted to go or if she wanted to just go home and rest.

“Sure, let’s go for some lunch.” She smiled a smile that didn’t look like her real smile. Then she took Jay’s arm and walked towards his car. I watched as the two of them walked beside each other, laughing. I could feel the jealousy building up inside of me even though I knew Jay didn’t like LiYin in that way.

“Come on Jaejoong, I’ll sit in your car.” Cici smiled as she pulled my arms and dragged me towards LiYin’s car. Since I didn’t know ShenZhen very well, Cici took the keys and drove us there. We decided to eat at one of the restaurants near the place where Cici was working so that she didn’t have to waste too much time getting to work.

“Finally, good food.” LiYin smiled as she ate happily, stuffing her face full of food.

“LiYin, don’t eat that fast. You’ll choke.” I insisted as I handed her a glass of water just in case she did end up choking.

“It’s fine, don’t worry. I’m just happy that I no longer have to eat hospital food. But Cici, why aren’t you eating? This stuff is delicious.” LiYin pointed to a dish of fried rice on the table.

“I’m on a diet. I try to lay off the meat and rice. I’ll just stick to a salad for now.” Cici smiled as she ate her salad in peace.

“You’re already so thin, why do you want to be thinner? If you be any thinner, you’ll probably be blown away by the wind.” LiYin said.

“Don’t worry about me LiYin, I’m fine.” Cici exclaimed.

After a shrug from LiYin, the four of us continued to eat until Jay and Cici said that it was time for them to get to work. We said our good-byes and left the restaurant with Cici walking down the street to her office, Jay getting into his car, and LiYin and I getting into her car.

“Time to get home and put you in bed to rest.” I told LiYin as she started the car.

“I was in the hospital for the entire week, doing nothing but sleep. I don’t want to sleep.” She whined as she started her way back home.

“Then what else is there for us to do?” I asked her.

“Well, since the doctor encouraged me to stay home, let’s go shopping right now and buy stuff that we can do at home!” She smiled. She drove us to the nearest shopping mall.

She quickly walked into the supermarket and grabbed a shopping cart. I trialed behind her as I watched her stuff a lot of junk food, drinks, vegetables, meat, any eatable products into the cart. After buying those, she went into the book area to grab a cooking book. Then she went into the technology isle to pick up a couple movies.

“Do you really need this much stuff?” I asked her as we rolled the cart back to the car. The cart was full up to the top.

“Not just me, you’ll be sharing this will me.” She laughed as we loaded the plastic bags into the car.

I sighed as we both got into the car. LiYin drove us back home and we lifted everything into the kitchen. Her grandma was already about to make dinner too.

“Hello you two. Good to see you’re back from the hospital LiYin, but why did you buy so much stuff?” She asked when she saw us carrying bags into the kitchen.

“Hi Grandma. The doctor said that I should stay at home for a week or two. So, since I can’t go out, I might as well load us on food.” She replied as she placed the food into the right areas of the kitchen.

“Oh, actually, that’s a good idea, since I won’t be home for a couple weeks.” Her grandma smiled as she looked at us.

“Where are you going?” LiYin asked with curious eyes.

“A couple of us old lads decided to go on a cruise to Japan. Then, after the cruise, we’ll be staying in Hong Kong for a week or so. I haven’t been on vacation for so long, and since you two are here to look after the house, I might as well take the chance and go have some fun and relaxation.” She smiled with excitement.

“Aww, that sounds like a lot of fun grandma. I hope you guys will have fun. But don’t forget to bring me back gifts.” LiYin laughed.

“I will, but I hope that you, Jaejoong, can look after my LiYin while I’m gone.” Her grandma looked at me.

“Don’t worry grandma; I’ll take care of her for you.” I smile gently in return. I turned my head to look at LiYin who was smiling at me. I smiled back right at her.