2 0

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Zhang Li Yin-

When I woke up I could see three familiar faces surrounding me. I blinked a couple times.

“W-water…” I whispered out.

“Right here LiYin.” I heard a voice reply. I opened up my mouth and let the water trickle down my throat.

“LiYin, how are you feeling?” I heard the voice of a female. I could see clearly now. It was Eunji who had asked me.

“I-I feel dead. Where am I?” I asked.

“You’re in your living room. You fainted earlier today. You’ve been having a fever the entire day.” Jaejoong sounded concerned.

“How… did I…” I didn’t understand.

“You slept with your balcony door opened last night! You even forgot to cover yourself up with your sheets.” Eunji exclaimed.

“I…” I stared at Junsu, remembering what happened last night.

“Are you okay now LiYin?” Junsu asked me, his face full of concern.

“Y-Yeah.” I stammered an answer.

“That’s good.” Junsu replied as he a strand of hair away from my face. I blushed at his actions.

Just yesterday I confessed to him, but yet, today he acts as if nothing happened. But then again, this is what I wanted. I wanted us to stay as friends.

“Let’s leave them alone for a while to sort things out.” I heard Eunji whisper to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong hesitated for a second, but then he got up and followed Eunji out of the room. There was a look on his face. It was as if he didn’t want to leave Junsu alone with me.

“Are you sure you’re feeling better? Do you want me to get you some food? I’m sure you’re hungry. You probably didn’t eat today.” Junsu asked.

“No, I’m not hungry.” I said without looking at him.

A couple moments of silence passed us. Neither one of us spoke. We didn’t know what to talk about.

“I’m sorry.” Junsu spoke.

“Huh? For what?” I asked, confused.

“For getting you sick. If I hadn’t said those words to you yesterday, you wouldn’t have gotten sick.” Junsu explained.

“It’s not your fault. I shouldn’t have told you anything.” I said to him.

“Whatever the matter is, we’re still friends. If you ever need me, you can always call me. I can be your older brother.” He said with a smile.

‘Brother… That’s the last thing I want to be with you.’ I thought in my head, sadly.

“Mhmm.” I said with a smile.

“Now, do you want any food in your stomach?” He asked.

“I’m still not very hungry. I’ll probably eat later. How about we get Eunji and Jaejoong back in here and get them to cook for us?” I suggested.

“Alright, I’ll be right back.” He said as he stood up and went to go find Eunji and Jaejoong.

As he was out, I thought about what had happened last night. I couldn’t believe that I actually confessed to him. I shouldn’t have done that. I was too stupid. Now look at how things are between us… We’re brother and sister.

“LiYin! What do you want for dinner?” Eunji asked me as Junsu and Jaejoong followed her into the living room.

“Anything if fine with me.” I smiled at her.

“Okay then! You just sit here and wait for the food that Jaejoong and I will prepare!” Eunji smiled as she got into the kitchen with Jaejoong right behind her.

“Let’s watch some TV while we wait for dinner.” Junsu suggested as he switched the TV on.

I don’t know if it was fate or coincidence, but on the screen right now was a drama that I used to watch all the time. The drama was about a regular high school girl falling in love with someone older then herself. But she knows that guy will not love her back, but even though she knows that, she continues to love him. She does whatever she can to let him be happy. The girl and the boy are really good friends. It always seems as if the guy is treating the girl more than just a friend. In the end, the guy actually knew that she liked him all this time.

I couldn’t help but think that the drama had some sort of relationship like mine.

I curled myself in a ball as I watched the drama. I didn’t even dare look at Junsu who was sitting on the ground in front of me.

“Dinners ready!” I heard Eunji yell.

“Coming!” I yell back as I got up from the couch and made my way to the kitchen. Junsu followed me.

“Mmmmm… Smells good.” I complimented as I took a seat.

“Of course. Jaejoong was the one who made all this food. All I did was just wash and cut.” Eunji said as she took a seat. Then Jaejoong and Junsu also took a seat.

I didn’t have much of an appetite. But I ate so that Eunji and Jaejoong wouldn’t worry over me.

“Thank you for the dinner.” I said quietly as I stood up to gather all the dishes.

“Here, let me do it.” Junsu insisted as he took all the plates out of my hand and placed them in the sink.

“You know, it’s not like I’m paralyzed or anything. I still have arms and legs. I can do things on my own.” I said as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

“You still have a bit of a fever going on. So here, eat your medicine and then go back into your room to rest.” Junsu protested as he handed me a pill and a cup of water to me.

I did as he told. I really didn’t know why I would be listening to his orders.

“I don’t want to go to sleep yet. I’m not tired yet. I’ve been sleeping all day.” I whined.

“If you don’t get enough sleep, you won’t get better.” Jaejoong came beside me.

“I’m not THAT sick.” I stated.

“That doesn’t matter. You’re still a sick person. And a sick person needs as much rest as they could get.” Jaejoong crossed his hands in front of his chest.

“But I’m not tired yet! Eunji! Tell them to stop telling me to go to bed!” I whined for Eunji.

“Well, they do have a point LiYin…” Eunji hesitated.

“Not you too…” I groaned as I took a seat on the TV.

“Fine, but you have to go back to bed when you get tired. Don’t push yourself.” Eunji gave in and went back to washing the dishes.

I stuck out my tongue at Jaejoong and Junsu, indicating that I had just won the challenge.

“You two should go back over.” I said to Jaejoong and Junsu.

“I’ll stay for a bit longer. I have nothing to do anyways.” Jaejoong said as he sat down beside me on the couch.

“I’ll stay too.” Junsu replied. But right after he said that, his phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Really? Okay, wait for me to start. I’ll be there soon.” Junsu said into the speaker before hanging up.

“Forget I said that. I have somewhere to be right now. I’ll see you guys later. LiYin, get some rest. See you guys!” Junsu exclaimed as he put his shoes on and headed out the door to his next destination.

I took an apple from the coffee table and took a big bite into it.

“Slow down on the biting LiYin.” Jaejoong took the apple away from me and threw it away into the garbage.

“I wasn’t done with that.” I said.

“Are you sure? You would’ve eaten the seeds if I hadn’t taken that apple away from you.” He raised an eyebrow.

“Whatever.” I huffed as I went back to watching the TV.

“I think you’re tired.” Jaejoong tapped on my shoulder.

“No I’m not! Stop saying I’m tired.” I blew out.

“Okay, fine… calm down.” Jaejoong said with a voice that sounded a bit scared.

‘What did I do? Why am I so angry?’ I asked myself.

“I think I’ll go back to my place. You should get some rest. Get better soon. Oh, and if you need, you should call me if you can’t come to work.” Jaejoong said as he got up.

“Bye Eunji.” He said before he went out the door.

“Why’d Jaejoong leave so abruptly?” Eunji came into the living room with a confused expression on her face.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged, eyes still focused on the TV.

“Is your fever going down?” Eunji asked as she put her hand on my forehead.

“Mhmmm. It seems like it’s going down. Next time, don’t be so careless. What if I wasn’t at home? Who knows what might have happened?” Eunji scolded me.

“It won’t happen again. I promise.” I smiled at her.

“It better not happen again. You should take better care of yourself. I hate it when I have to be stuck at home taking care of sick people.” She pouted.

“Don’t worry. I’ll take better care of myself in the future!” I laughed as I threw a pillow at her. She nags too much.

“Hey! I’m just telling you to be careful. If you don’t want me to call your parents and tell them that you’re not taking good care of yourself, then you better listen to me.” Eunji threatened me.

“Okay! Okay! I’ll go to bed then.” I sighed as I got up from the couch and walked into my room. As I shut the door, I could hear Eunji giving out a little giggle.

I didn’t bother to open the lights or go brush my teeth. I got into bed and went under the sheets as deeply as I could.

Within seconds, the medicine kicked in. I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up it was already noon. I guess when you’re sick, you tend to sleep longer. I then got up and went into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

“Oh, you’re awake. Let me feel your forehead.” Eunji came towards me. She placed the back of her hand on my forehead.

“Mmmm. Looks like your fever is gone. That’s good.” Eunji felt relieved as she handed me a cup of water.

“I don’t feel as tired as I was yesterday.” I nodded.

“That’s good! We should go somewhere today! Look at the weather! And plus, you have to go back to work tomorrow.” Eunji suggested.

“Do we have to? I’m not in the mood.” I groaned. To be truthful, I’m actually still a bit depressed over the entire Junsu thing.

“Yes! We have to. I’m not going to let you stay at home and think about Junsu all day.” Eunji argued.

Junsu… the last thing that I want to talk about.

Realizing what she did, Eunji covered with her hands.

“It’s okay Eunji…” I said as I took her hands away from .

“Sorry LiYin… I didn’t mean to.” She apologized.

“It’s really fine! I’m alright! If you want, we can go out for a girl’s day. I really want to get do some facials and go to a spa.” I laughed.

“Yes! Let’s do that! Hurry and go get changed!” Eunji laughed as she urged me back into my room so I could get ready.

While I was showering, I was thinking. I knew Eunji was worried for me. She doesn’t want me to think about Junsu, that’s why she’s taking me out.

I hurried and get ready so that Eunji didn’t have to wait too long for me.

All I want to do for today was just have fun with my best friend and forget everything else for a while. I don’t even want to think about Junsu.