Just another sunny day

Royal Lovestory

 


 

In the morning JR sneaked into Baekho's room with Minhyun. They eyed each other. The prince looked at his sleeping friend. This's  gon' be good!

"Wake up sunshine!“ The boys shouted in unison and poured water on the sleeper. Two buckets. Cold water.

"Aa-aah! Cold-cold-cold!“ Beakho shot up and chicken-danced around the room.

The two responsible for the sight almost laughed their little heads off.

Baekho stopped his little act: "You!“ He pointed at his friends. "You're going to get it! I'm gonna kill ya-aa!“

 

And thus the game of catch-me-if-you-can begun. Laughing brunettes running in the front and  a wet blondie at the back chasing them. The two ran into Ren's room waking up the latter in the process. When Beakho reached into the room he dripped – it takes skill to trip over flat surfaces – and fell onto Ren's bed.

Baekho started laughing. Now it was safe for others to join him. The brunettes held on to their stomachs which by now has started to hurt from all the laughing. Baekho ruffled Ren's hair because at first the latter didn't understand at all what was happening. But once this boy was awake enough he started laughing aswell.

"Okay, people. Fun's over.“ Ren subtly suggested others to leave while still chuckling a bit.

 

 

Sehun had appeared by the doorstep. He waited until others left the room and gave Ren his package.

"Aron sent his thanks for the gizmos.“ he added.

Upon seeing Aron's present Ren's eyes got big like of a little kid on a Christmas morning. Ren opened the little box. "Candy!“ he giggled excitedly, "Want some?“ he asked.

"Yes, I'd love to have some.“ Sehun said taking a candy with a really colorful wrapping.

"Someone's excited.“ Kris noted when he stepped into the room.

"Me has candy.“ Ren lisped in an adorable way showing the box to the older boy.

"Can me has some?“ Kris asked in a similar way which made Sehun laugh.

"Okay, guys I'll go now and help Baekho mop up the mess in his room.“ the latter chuckled, waived and left the room.

 

Kris took another candy. "By the way, Ren, have you finished your solar... you know?“

"Solar cars. We changed the name. And yes, they are almost finished. Just... there are some kinks I need to work out first.“ Ren answered, back serious again.

"Can you get them finished by 2 o'clock?“

"If we had one more person helping – yes. But right now – no.“

Kris thought for a bit and then spoke up again: „What if I called a friend over? He's familiar with your work – I've showed him so maybe he can help?“

Ren's eyes lit up: "Awesome. I'm in.“

Kris moved towards the door then turned around before stepping out into the hall. "He's name is AJ by the way. You can call him Kitty.“ he smirked.

Ren chuckled: "I'll do that.“

"Get yourself ready for breakfast.“ Kris added before leaving.

"Okydou.“ the blonde said to himself while turning around on his heels to go to the bathroom.

 

 

This morning the breakfast was even better. Whole EXO, except Tao (obviously), was there aswell. Chanyeol and Baekhyun told funny stories and everybody laughed. In a while people were holding their stomachs because of the ache. When Lay told some kind of story and got excited then he always lost his trail on thought - among girls it was found as a cute action. As others were used to Lay's way of thinking they helped him out.

 

"Seriously once our little doctor here even forgot his own name?“ Chen commented sending others into another fit of laughter.

"I did not!“ Lay protested.

"See – he forgot that he forgot.“ Chen said leaning back in his chair and tilting his head to the side.

Lay just looked at his peer and pouted.

 

 

Breakfast eaten, boys and girls went to their rooms to pack their things for the trip. This trip was supposed to last for 3 days. It takes about 6 hours to reach the border on a horse but with the solar cars it would take only 1 and half an hour. Kris decided to take Kai with them aswell – you may never know when you need his fast legs. This was the main reason this young man worked as a waiter in Bacon Hut.

 

 

Two hours before the depature and the girls were already done with packing. There was not much to decide anyway. Kris said not take any dresses,  because they wouldn't need them, instead he told the maidens to take lots of pants and t-shirts, because there will be lots of horseback riding.

 

Meanwhile Ren, Minhyun, Suho, and AJ were busy putting the finishing touches on the solar cars.

"Hey, Kitty, come here.“ Ren called his new friend over.

"Yes what is it, little puppy?“ AJ mocked.

Ren looked at him with a pokerface but then cracked a smile. "I need to ask you is this stable enough?“ the blonde switched on the motor of the car to test it out.

Others were done with whatever they were working on and came over aswell. Though the motor was only connected to the car by temporary wires, and not in it's supposed-to-be place, the car still started hovering. The motor wasn't fully charged due to the lack of sunlight in the workshop so the machine rose a feet higher from the ground.

 

"Let's keep it up like this for 10 minutes or so and see what happens.“ AJ said.

"Or until the energy runs out.“ Minhyun noted pointing at the motor chargeness levels on the board which were extremely low at this point.

"I'll take the solar panels outside.“ Suho reacted right away.

"Wait! The wires are too short for that.“ Ren objected. He right away started to look for longer wires.

After a few moments longer wires were connected to the solar panels which were taken outside. The chargeness-board displayed a message: charging. 10 minutes passed and nothing bad happened. They checked the other two cars aswell – everything was running smoothly. Last thing left to do now was to install the motors and solar panels.

"My dear friends, I think your solar cars are now finished.“ AJ proudly said after fastening the last bolt on of one of the cars.

 

 

At the same time the council room was full of chatter - more like arguing and bad words. One shouted over the other and the other shouted back and so it went back and forth. Different opinions were heard, I mean same opinions:

 

"He was supposed to be loyal to us!“

"That butler thinks too much of himself and his errand boy. What was his name – Sehun?“

"Yes!“

"Now he wants to visit his friend!“

"If he won't get those boys away from the prince I will personally get the Night Watchman to kill them!“

"The prince has to go down aswell.“

"This butler even called his imbecile friends here.“

"We need to raise the taxes, I need more money for my...“

And so it went on.

Kris and Aron were listening. The first as the eyes and ears of the castle, the second as the quiet observer he was. We need to protect them even more. Both Kris and Aron thought the same thing at the same time. But this wasn't going to be easy.