First day – Pretty City, sightseeing

Royal Lovestory

 

 


 

Luhan drove the youngsters around the city and he was happy that he could get out of the castle for a while because some people were starting to get a bit too annoying with their endless whishes for this and that and of course Luhan was the one fulfilling those little whishes. But enough about that. Minhyun here was the almighty tour-guide because the tour, after all, was his idea. Though the boy had some difficulities with getting started he was soon able to talk normally formulated sentences without messing up his lines and thoughts.

They started off at the farthest corner of the city and moved their way back into the center. Believe it or not, but there were interesting things to see even on the borders of the city. And so it was: first sight – little houses half-built in the city wall.

 

"People actually live in them?“ Chinsun couldn't believe her ears.

"Yup. They were remade into guesthouses last year.“ Minhyun was proud of his knowledge. "If you want you can go inside and see for yourself. This house is open right now."

 

Those houses really were nice and cozy. They seemed small on the outside, but they were rather roomy on the inside. This house here was a smaller type, but it sure was pretty. Walls of brown and yellow accented by dark wooden boards, two incredibly big and fluffy sofas covered by countless pillows, a sweet scent of apple pie in the air, warm sun sharing its light through the windows - it was all so nice and made the little - not so little - group of youngsters feel safe and secure.

 

"OK. Time to move on." Luhan broke the little moment.

 

 

2 hours later:

 

"Lunch anyone?“ Baekho asked upon hearing several people's stomachs growl.

"I thought you'll never ask.“ Ren said with raised brows.

"Next stop – Bacon Hut.“ Luhan declared turning the carriage to the right.

 

While driving to the detonation the group of friends talked about what they want for lunch. They constantly asked Luhan, who was friends with the restaurant's owner, do they have this or that.

 

"Even if they don't have French cheese-cake, they can always make it.“ Luhan answered another question.

"But you can always ask Baekhyun personally 'cause we're here.“ he said parking the carriage by the stalls.

"Finally!“ Ren said jumping out of the ride and helping HyunAe out aswell. What am I doing? Why is my heart fluttering? She's JR's future wife! Pull yourself together, Ren! You're just helping her. It's your job – remember? Not that JR ever lets me to do my job... when I'm the coachman on his carriage....

 

"What's with the glare, Ren?“ JR asked with raised brows meeting the blonde's eyes.

Ren blinked couple of times and asked back: "I was glaring?“

 

The party moved towards the entrance of the, I'd say medium-sized, restaurant.

 

"You kinda were. Ren, are you okay?“ JR got a bit worried. He knew Ren – if this guy ever gets lost in his thoughts, something's really wrong. He must be...No! Kinda soon for things like these.

"I just have a lot of things in mind.“ Ren said, sighing.

"As you say.“ JR didn't push forward. You can't hide things from me, Ren.

 

Luhan had called Baekhyun from the kitchen.

"Since when does Chanyeol know how to cook?“ Luhan was surprised by his friend's news.

 

Youngsters seated by the table were quite well amused by seeing Luhan with the face he had on. It was a perfect mixture of confusion and surprise. With a finishing touch of big deer-eyes and opened mouth the sight was just hilarious.

 

"Since the day Kyungsoo started to believe in me“ the tall man with a goofy smile said, standing behind Luhan.

"Ahh! Would you stop doing that?!“ Luhan screamed almost falling over.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun just laughed and the latter even held on to his belly. Luhan just sighted and dropped his shoulders.

Sitting down he said to the laughing duo: "OK, guys, that's enough. We came here to eat. Show me what you've got.“

"Oh, right.“ Baekhyun said. "Kai!“ he called for the waiter.

 

So said Kai came back with the menus.

 

"We have to have a little talk after you've finished, you know.“ Baekhyun said looking Luhan straight into his eyes.

Luhan looked at the others.

 

"We'll be fine“ Baekho smiled, „besides we're quite near to home anyway. We'll just take a walk.“

"About the orders.“ Kai said holding up his little notebook.

"Ladies first.“ Minhyun said.

 

 

After some time Ren stood up from the table and excused himself.

"Bladder problems?“ Minhyun joked.

"Thank you for noticing.“ Ren said with obvious sarcasm.

 

The blonde, however, didn't go to the toilet, instead he went out through the back door. It was easy – Kai let him.

The person waiting him outside didn't waste time with greetings.

"Do have them?“ the person asked.

"Here“ Ren took out a little box from his pants' pocket, „I've put them up in the castle aswell.“

"Good.“ the person nodded, took the box, and left.

Ren looked after that person and sighed. "You've changed -  and it's not because of the weather.“

 

 

 

"I'm back.“ Ren came back, smiling. HyunAe noticed that smile. Wow, that's- Why did I go weak from the knees? Aren't these feels coming a bit too early?I even haven't talked to JR yet.

"Where to next?“ JR asked standing up. Don't think I didn't see that, HyunAe.

"Up next – the Green Springs“ Minhyun declared, „you'll soon see where the name comes from.“ Minhyun said the last part looking at the girls.

"Because green water shoots up from the springs?“ Haeran asked with an isn't-it-obvious face and voice.

"Give the girl a medal – she guessed it.“ Ren commented with a mocking voice which resulted Haeran to pout.

 

She looked at Minhyun. Oh-my... He's smiling? So he likes if others tease me? That's mean...But his smile is pretty. Ah! I'm hopeless...

 

 

 

The three girls were leaning over the railing. The big green hole started smoking and hissing. Within moments a column, better said – pillar, of water rushed up high into the air. Falling back to it's original spot the water left air filled with salty sprinkles. Sunrays made those little sprinkles glitter which was quite a pretty sight.

 

"Okay, young ladies, that's enough for today.“ JR got all formal capturing the girls' attention.

"That's right. If you stay here any longer you will turn into salt statues.“ Baekho added.

"Yes, milords.“ the young ladies said in unison, bowing.

 

The group bursted into laughter earning curious stares from people passing by. There were, however, people who weren't amused by seeing young people laugh. Those people were hiding themselves in the allies, trying to stay anonymous. They were trailing the royal party and not with a intention to protect them if something happened. Didn't I see a familiar face among those dark people? I did. What are you doing there-?

Oh, sorry. I got carried away. Let's go back to the royal party, shall we?

 

 

A couple more hours later the city tour was coming to an end. The youngsters were strolling around a famous park in the city. And why was this park so special?

 

"...and this park is known as the Lovers' of the Couples' park. - Moving on.“

JR looked around and noticed that his friends had subconsciously formed couples.

"Speaking of couples...“ he mumbled to himself, smirking.

"What did you say?“ Ren asked.

"Nothing much.“ JR made an innocent face.

 

Upon hearing the words, 'lovers' and 'couples', Baekho's heart raced and he felt heat rising up to his face. I know that love from first sight is possible – just take my own parents – but I didn't believe it would actually happen to me. Does this sound like a cliche? To me it does. But maybe it's just because I'm around girls who are around my age, and pretty, and the fact that we actually have spent the whole day together. He looked at the girl walking next to him without the other noticing.  And I must say – she's pretty.