Something to say

Royal Lovestory

 

“How?” Aron and Lia asked at the same time and in the same tone.

 

Everyone – except for BAP – was surprised. (Good thing they were all sitting). To their mind Aron and Lia's parents were long gone and by 'gone' they meant passed away. And they had every right to believe that because Aron and Lia hadn't received any message from their parents since the very day they had disappeared.

 

Well, up until now. Years later. Long and painful years... Now... Here they stood. Baffled and dumbfounded. Here they stood: Aron and Lia. Those words 'From your father' echoed in their heads over and over again like a broken record. So that means they're still alive?

 

Upon seeing the surprise in everyone's faces and even feeling it in the air YongGuk had a feeling that: “You didn't know?”

 

Aron shook his head. “We haven't heard from them for five years.”

 

“Then I'm glad to tell you that they're alive and well. We only met for a few minutes so I can't tell you of their plans... actually we thought you knew...”

 

“It's alright.” Aron nodded. Don't start to cry! Dammit!

 

But Lia didn't hold her back for long. She didn't cry in front of the others, but upstairs behind a closed door she let her mixed feelings to be washed out with tears. She was happy. She was sad. She was terrified. And she was content. Whatever her heart felt didn't matter she just wanted to cry. Cry for all of those years she had kept her head high up and eyes dry from tears.

 

“And... here. Your family has five members already.” YongGuk smiled as HimChan gave a photo to Lia. “That little girl there is your sister – Ladette. She's 2 and a half.”

 

***

 

So BAP told Aron and Lia where they had met their parents. That meaningful moment took place in the far west. YongGuk had just come out of the council room of their castle, when a messenger – Gongchan – brought him a note that the king wants to see him in the throne room. And so he went there. All his group's members were already there.

 

“Boys,” the king said. “I have an assignment for you. This is The Night Watchman I've told you about.”

 

Yes, Aron's father and mother had found their way back and were now asking for the king of this kingdom to help them. Why they couldn't go straight back home? They didn't say, but they were probably waiting for a better time, because seeing and knowing what was happening in the North it was safer to stay out of there... and they had one very visible reason, too.

 

BAP couldn't be with them for long, because already minutes after they had received the details of their mission they had to take off and go to the North, where they were right now. The sooner the better because it takes two days to get from Far West to North – the road runs through a mountain range and the valleys in between aren't the easiest ones to cross. So it was evident that it didn't matter how or what Lia and Aron asked BAP couldn't give the two any more information that the already did.

 

But they seemed fine: no visible bruises, no bandages, nothing that would put BAP to think that something was wrong. And, rest assure, there wasn’t. Only thing that was wrong was that they couldn’t go home and they couldn’t see their children, whom they hadn’t seen for years.

 

“But your little sister is really bubbly and listens to your parents very well.” Zelo said to take thoughts of from the fact that the Kwak family hasn't been complete for five long and excruciating years.

 

“Yeah,” Jungup came along, “you could see that she wanted to play and run around, but because our mom told her not to she held still.”

 

“But when your mum told her to tell us goodbye and gave her a smile then she ran up to us and hugged us all.” Daehyun called back the sweet moment.

 

***

 

That was quite enough for the house of renegades to be pushed even more off track. Now everyone had to take a moment for themselves just to think over of why exactly they were doing what they were doing. Was all worth it? Will it change anything? Let's face it: they had no idea how many people would be supporting them. Will there be enough? Maybe Lucras has already made things worse...

 

JR and the Kwak siblings – if asked – will be dead-serious that any attempt of making some kind of a difference is worth the effort. And there were plenty of others, who would do anything to see their beloved ones again. And you wouldn't have to search them from very far. To be honest, one of them is in this room right now... and his sadness was already overwhelming his joy for Aron and Lia.

 

If I only could change that day around! I would do anything!

 

 


Finally! Where was I for so long?

Working on this chapter!... which came out to be garbage anyway, but atleast I updated.

Enjoy!