Perfect timing

Royal Lovestory

 

I need a...- Shht. I can't go to my room. I'd wake them up... Curse the world with... a doorknob. Yeah, he didn't have the liberty to cuss and curse anymore, not that he mind – it was time he got a grip of himself.

 

“No I have to improvise... or go get something from the ice-chamber.” he talked to himself.

 

And by ice-chamber he meant the study room. In that room was a closet and in that closet was a crest and in that crest... knives and bullets, guns and grenades – his fathers legacy from the times he was the Night Watchman. And with that in mind the new Night Watchman made his choice of weapon.

 

So with a loaded gun in his hand he went up to the front windows and peeked out. No one was there. Was she seeing things? Maybe it's related to the memory-coming-back thing? But just to make sure he got his coat on and went out the front door.

 

“Aron! Finally! We thought we have to come back in the morning.”

 

“Wha-? What are you doing here? It's like 2 am.” Aron got pissed at the guy. You almost scared Sunhi half to death! … and that's the last thing she needs right now.

 

“Sorry... I thought you said that you wanted to know where Baekho and Chinsun are and you didn't care about the time...” Dujun trailed off.

 

“You know?” Aron's mood changed in a blink. Please tell they're alive!

 

“They were taken to the castle. We got hold of Suho, too. He said that the guards were talking about two 'pests' in the dungeon. Our guess is that they were talking about your Baekho and Chinsun.”

 

“But that doesn't tell me if they're alive...”

 

“D.O was told to prepare food for 'the pests'... so...”

 

They're not giving them the food anyway... Aron looked into the sky and sighed deeply. “OK... OK... at least now I know... thanks.”

 

“Our pleasure. Try not to worry about them too much. We'll figure something out.” the leader of BEAST assured Aron. “But: now get back in there and have some sleep.” Dujun finished off like he was Aron's father.

 

Aron chuckled. “What are you?”

 

“Comes with the job.” Dujun shrugged. “See you tomorrow.”

 

“See ya.”

 

***

 

 

“Baekho and Chinsun are in the castle.” Aron said as he put a bowl full of fried eggs onto the table.

 

Was it the fact that it was morning or did the youngsters' lack or emotion was caused by something else, but either way Aron got little to no response out from others. Sunhi did act like those two were her own children when Aron told her last night...

 

“They're in the dungeon. Thank you for asking.” Aron went on.

 

It was because of the morning – the youngsters couldn't sleep that well. JR had a fever and Lia was up most of the night because the boy really suffered. Minhyun and Ren had speculated 'til early hours where Baekho and Chinsun were and what had happened to them. As Lia's room was now vacant HyunAe had asked if she could sleep there and last night she did more crying that sleeping. Haeran... she was worried about Chinsun and Baekho, too... and she was afraid of all that could happen to her dearest Minhyun.

 

“They're alive, right? Everything is alright with them?” HyunAe asked.

 

“Let's hope for the best. The castle is like a mountain fortress now – it's hard to get any information in or out. BEAST came here last night and they told that as much as Suho said they were fine.”

 

“But we need to get them out of there.” Ren injected.

 

“Do you have any ideas?” JR mumbled. His voice was so hoarse... damn that cold! …He was running a fever and the cuts on his back felt like they were on fire right now.

 

“No... but...”

 

“We know, Ren. We'll figure something out.” Minhyun said. I'd really like to have my breakfast in peace...

 

What could be read from Ren's face told HyunAe that he wasn't convinced with Minhyun's lazy answer. And, yes, he wasn't. You have no idea! I'm not going to lose another person in my life! I'm through with this!

 

 

***

 

 

Just when Sunhi had finished with the dishes and Haeran was done with cleaning the table someone knocked on the front door.

 

Again all the youngsters, who weren't supposed to be in the house hid from unwanted curious eyes – they went upstairs. JR had no hope of protecting himself so... he had some nice company by his side.

 

Aron went and opened the door. Five guys. The Night Watchman had never seen those faces.

 

“Are you the Night Watchman?” one of the guys asked. Wow, did he have a low voice.

 

“Who needs to know?” Aron returned the ball. To all he cared those guys could have been Lucras's knockers – he had had enough of that slime ball.

 

“Travelers from far West – BAP. We were sent here. Our Documenters said you hold a piece of the Blinder's Pact.” the low voiced one answered.

 

“Come inside. Please.” Aron bowed. Far West? Wow, that's something new. He had rarely been treated like his existence mattered... well, to other than Sunhi... Lia... his friends. “It's safe!” he called.

 

Aron's bedroom's door opened and five people piled out. They were looking down on the first floor from up there to see who the guests were. They acted like they were a bunch of little puppies of kittens just about to explore the whole wide world.

 

“Meet... BAP.” Aron introduced the group to the five.

 

“Hello, my name is YongGuk. At your service.” the low voiced one now got known to Aron by his name.

 

“I'm HimChan.” one other guy bowed. “At your service.”

 

“Daehyun.” the boy bowed and smiled. “At your service.”

 

“Jungup. At your service.”

 

“Zelo.” the tallest waived. “At your service.”

 

 

***

 

 

“We understand. It was worth a shot, neither the less.” HimChan nodded and sat back onto the sofa.

 

The visitors and the people of the house had been in the living room for the last hour and discussing matters regarding the Blinder's Pact. The fact that Ren and Minhyun, and needless to say, the girls, knew nothing about that document showed that it was really something already forgotten. Aron only had vague memory of it. He was, after all, only 11 when his father riddle-talked about the Blinder's Pact to the little guy.

 

“I'll let you know if I remember something.” Aron assured BAP. “Where are you staying?”

 

“In the Wall Street. House 37.” YongGuk read from a piece of paper, which also was a map of the city... they were here for the first time, you know.

 

And by Wall Street – it really was a street in the city's wall. They lived in those freaky houses built into the wall; the same ones the boys had shown to the girls on their second day here.

 

“Do you know where Dragon's Bakery is?” Zelo asked from out of the blue.

 

“Of course. But to get there... Could you show me the map, YongGuk?” Aron asked as he reached out his hand.” Thank you. Now: You go down from here. You turn right from here and left from here and... here it is.” 

 

“Wow. That's easy!” Zelo beamed.

 

“He's just really into their sweets.” Jungup laughed.

 

“I thought you were here for the first time.” Sunhi was rather surprised.

 

“When Youngjae came here he brought me some cookies from the bakery.” Zelo told everyone.

 

“So where is t Youngjae now?” Sunhi asked.

 

Jolly Zelo lost his shine now. He fell silent and looked down.

 

“He left us,” YongGuk said. “To his mind it was better to stab us in the back.”

 

“He didn't say that!” Zelo suddenly yelled.

 

“He didn't do us any favor either.” YongGuk told the young boy.

 

“You don't know him that well! Just shut up!” Zelo spat back.

 

“Quiet down. You didn't know him well either.” YongGuk said keeping his composure.

 

That was enough to hush Zelo. This group had a public secret themselves. Apparently one of their close friends, Youngjae just left one day leaving behind a note which said 'I'm sorry, Zelo' and that was that. No explanations, nothing. He didn't say anything before he left. There were no signs which could have led them to think that something was coming. Others had no clue. He just packed his stuff and left.

 

At first they had no idea where he could have gone, but when Zelo said that now he can never have his favorite cookies again a light bulb lit in YongGuk 's head. Kangreung – of course! Why would he go there all the time if he didn't have any business there? And because he had left so suddenly and silently there was reason to worry about that business.

 

But BAP couldn't just leave without a good reason – though now there was one thanks to Youngjae – themselves, because they were much needed in their kingdom. They have just been through the same thing which is happening here in North. It wasn't a totally identical situation, but the main similarity – a crazy guy and his associates wanting to take down the king and rule the kingdom themselves – was there. So when the king in far west heard what was going on in North he sent BAP here to help.

 

“But how did you know about me?” Aron asked. And he had every right to. To his mind there were only selected people, people he knew, to whom he had told who he was.

 

“You father told us.”

 

 


And here you have it: another cliff to hang on to.

Fasten your seatbelts!

It's going to be a bumpy ride!