Not that I'd complain but...

Royal Lovestory

 


 

You probably wonder what happened to Kai as we haven't met him since he arrived here with the others. Well, the thing is that he left before sunrise yesterday... Of course he left a note to Kris and Tao not to worry about him. He said he'd be back in two days. By now three days have passed and no one has heard anything about the young man.

 

 

***

 

„Maybe he's just got held up somewhere. You know, maybe he met a nice lady or something.“ Eli thought outloud.

Tao scoffed.

„If you knew Kai you shouldn't even think of thinking such things.“ the black haired man pointed out, „He won't let himself be held up. Besides he already has a lady. I mean - finance.“

„That's right,“ Kris added, „Kai is probably at Alexsander's place.“

 

Block-B-guys either spat out their food or drink in their mouth or just choked on either of the foods. 'Alexsander's place?!' was heard from those who managed to draw in a breath.

Kris was as calm as ever. „Yes.“ he stated flatly and threw a piece of wood into the fire. But if that guy ever does anything to Kai then he'll pay. I don't trust him that much.

„Sorry to be such a noob but who's Alexsander?“ JR tapped Kris's shoulder and spoke in a whisper.

„Ah! Right... Maybe Soohyun knows the story a bit better?“ Kris nodded towards the U-KISS squad's leader.

 

Soohyun sighed. „Long story short: Alexsander, Kibum, Hoon, and Kiseop are -how should I put it?- good guys but not in everyone's eyes. They used to be part of our group along with AJ -you've met him, right?-... but things changed. They got on the way of Lucras and his comrades and they were banished into the West. After some time Lucras made up rumors that they were the worst criminals in the whole Kingdom - that they tried to kill the King and what ever else.“

P.O had his mouth tangling open. And I thought they were the ones who- My marshmellow!

Taeil played with a golden chain in his hands. „So that means he and the others are actually one of us?“ he asked looking at the little pendant linked with the chain. Maybe Alexander can help me find her. I heard he had connections with BEASTof the East.

„That's when things get complicated. He chooses to do things that bring profit to him and which are best for him. He doesn't care whose side he's on.“ Soohyun frowned.

 

***

 

At Alexander's place at the same time Kai was making his way pass tons of people in the hallway to reach to a meeting room. The huge house and it's side-buildings were quite crowded lately. The new renegades and homeless children were streaming in every day. As the winter had started and the artificial plagues created by the Council took their tone whole villages got wiped out and abandoned.

Alexsander had a hard time to find enough space for everyone but he managed. Hoon was running the northern house while Kiseop was in the eastern one and Kibum in the western one. Xander was running the main house. And as BEAST sent their weekly help concerning food and other essentials, such as clothes, this side of U-KISS's squad were seeing future in brighter colors. AJ did send his word that things in the capital are seeming to move towards a change.

 

***

 

Kai opened the door and stepped in. No one was there. He didn't think much of it and took a seat by the table. He really has changed. Last time I met him he would have been up to my face and threaten to kill me if I ever said anything about meeting him.

The door creaked. Kai looked up. „Sorry, I'm late. It has been a mad house here the whole morning.“ Xander apologized with a  tint of accent in his voice.

Kai noticed that change. Only when he's upset... „What happened?“ Kai asked.

 

Xander breathed out heavily and sat across Kai. „I'm really obvious, aren't I? - The old couple who arrived at the same day with you just passed... If Lay won't find the antidote soon more people will die. We've put a stop to the spreading but god knows how many are infected. I wouldn't feel sorry for the Council if they would eat their own infected food.“

Kai smirked. „I will personally call you if that happens.“

Xander let out a laugh. „You do that. Really, you do that.“

 

The clock on the wall eleven times and the two looked up. „Anyway. You should get going. Others are probably really worried by now.“ Alexander said, standing up, „Here, take this and give this to Soohyun. It's time for us to clean our name for good.“

 

 

***

 

 

Back at the camp when Kai had finally arrived the day had already set. The last rays of sun made desperate attempts to leave their mark, but the nature was falling asleep and no one was going to remember them, but hope remained nethertheless.

„Took you time to get back.“ Tao said leaning on the post in the stables.

„Sorry. Xander had moved. It took me a whole day to even find the place he was living.“ Kai said tiredly. „Could you give this to Soohyun, I'll go to get some sleep.“

„Will do,“ the other took the package. „Sweet dreams!“ Tao shouted after his friend.

Kai looked over his shoulder. „What? Am I 11?“

„I was just trying to be nice!“

„Whatever. Sweet dreams to you, too, then.“