A bit moody, aren't we?

Royal Lovestory

 

Aron opened the hatch and looked into the hide-out saying: „What's the holdup?“

 

The people down there let out revealed sighs – every single one of them.

 

But as soon as Aron saw JR again his mood changed. Damn...I'd really just wanna lock this little prince-boy down here... He has become quite handsome though. He's not that little nose wipe he used to be.

 

Aron's and JR's eyes met. Aron got amused: Oh, looking away now! You little-

 

Wait! Looking away – he wouldn't look away if he was full of himself... As the Watchman had these thoughts in his head he furrowed his brows and became a bit scarier. Oops, too bad.

 

Odelia pulled Aron away from the hatch and into the back room and closed the door.

 

For some moments they just stood there hearing how others in the parlor room climbed up from the cellar room.

 

„Look I'm sorry I didn't tell you but-“

 

Aron raised his hand to motion to the girl to keep quiet. He looked into his sister's eyes and smiled. The last action surprised Odelia – when was the last time his dear brother had smiled?

 

„I know, Lia. I'm only your brother – I can't hold you back.“ he said warmly. Lia was about to hug him but he continued: „But if I see him doing something to you, I will kill him and I don't care that he's the prince!“

 

The last part came out from Aron's mouth quite harshly – it left Lia dumbfounded for a moment. I don't care if you're my brother-! I can't just let this happen! You're not going to actually-

 

She sighed heavily, blinking back tears. The worst part is that oppa is actually capable of doing so...

 

The youngsters had, by now, climbed back up into the parlor room. Baekho noticed the look on JR's face this time.

 

„Don't worry, Jonghyun, he isn't going to kill you.“ Baekho said. They used each others real names only when they were serious - that was their little silent agreement. That fact encouraged JR a tad.

 

„Yeah, he's only going to beat you up a little.“ Ren said, chuckling.

 

HyunAe hit Ren's shoulder. „Ren! You're making him feel worse.“ She scolded him.

 

„No seriously, you'll be fine. We're here for you – and then there's Odelia...“ Minhyun said trailing off.

 

The door opened – Aron.

 

JR tensed up. But Aron didn't even look at him. Instead he went upstairs.

 

Chinsun made a sarcastic comment: „What a gentleman!“

 

Odelia, coming into the room, heard the comment. „He's wasn't always like this.“ She said sighing.

 

„I know what you mean by that.“ Ren said plopping down on the couch, HyunAe following his lead.

 

Others sat down, too. For obvious reasons Haeran and Minhyun sat next to each other. Same for Baekho and Chinsun. For JR and Lia it was a bit complicated... To keep away from more trouble for today JR just sat into an armchair. Lia understood his actions and sat away quite far from him, just in case.

 

After a brief moment Aron came down again.

 

„I'm going out,“ he looked at the people in the room, „you guys keep quiet and – feel yourself like at home.“ He finished off with a smile.

 

He looked at JR who sank into his seat: „Not you though.“

 

„Ah! Damn it, Aron. Cut him some slack.“ Baekho got pissed.

 

Aron didn't say anything, he just walked out of the door slamming it shut.

 

„What did JR ever do to him? Didn't we just meet him?“ Haeran pouted. Minhyun, seeing that face, smiled and put his arm around his girlfriend's shoulders. Can she get any cuter than this?

 

Baekho mimicked his tall friend and hugged Chinsun which made the girl hide her face. And then Ren decided that it was time for him and HyunAe to cuddle close to each other aswell. But JR and Lia?

 

Awkward.

 

„It's not like Aron's coming back any time soon. Jonghyun, relax.“ Ren spoke up as HyunAe rested her head on his shoulder.

 

JR didn't believe the boy – it felt like any moment Aron will burst into the house and end his dear life. That feeling suffocated him. He felt like an animal who was cornered with no way out.

 

Much to the prince's grace Lia came and sat down into his lap. Everyone in the room 'aww'-ed at the action which made the couple blush.

 

„Isn't that cute.“ Chinsun chirped.

 

„Yeah -  real life movie right in front of us! Where's the popcorn?“ Baekho went along.

 

„Hey, guys, shouldn't we introduce us to Odelia?“ Haeran changed the topic.

 

„Call me Lia, please. And no need for introductions I already know who you are, Haeran.“ Lia said looking at the girl. But as she noticed the other's confused expression she added: „I'm the Night Watchman's sister, remember?“

 

„Ooh, right...“ Haeran realized her silliness and smiled awkwardly.

 

But for JR just hearing the words 'Night Watchman' it was enough to make him tense up once again. Lia noticed that and whispered to her love: „Don't worry, I'm here.“

 

The prince responded with a small smile, feeling a bit more confident, but his heart was still beating faster than it should have been beating.

 

Then JR had a moment of realization. „Wait a minute! How did you guys know Aron?“

 

The three boys looked at each other.

 

Baekho spoke up: „The thing is that... well...erm – Kris. He knew and he introduced us...“

 

„When?“

 

„Somewhere over a year ago...“

 

„What? And you didn't think I needed to know?!“ JR had an angry note ringing in his voice. Lia squeezed the boy's hand calming the boy down a bit.

 

„Sorry.“ all three said.

 

„It's not like you can change it now anyway... But that means you guys knew who Lia is, right?“

 

„We knew,“ Ren said, „but you were so happy like this and we didn't want to bring you down...“

 

Without words JR nodded, and his expression softened. He even smiled a little. I can't blame them. Lia really was and is my beacon of light these days.

 

Now HyunAe made an attempt to brighten the mood somehow: „But, Lia, how did you two, I mean you and JR, even meet?“

 

„That's right. Tell us.“ Chinsun got excited, too.

 

Lia felt JR's hands to hug her a bit tighter now and she glanced at the boy to see him nodding – it was OK to tell them.

 

„Well...“ she started.