Fly if you can

Royal Lovestory

 

“See.”

 

Aron had uncovered his right shoulder. And there it was The Golden Hummingbird just like the one on JR's back.

 

“Wh-at...? So you mean?... What does that mean?” JR was more confused than ever. One moment the young man before him could just... you know... and now that same guy has The Hummingbird?

 

“That means that I'm as near to the throne as you are.”

 

Lia had to cover to keep herself from making any noise. The first thought that went trough her mind was: Great, now we're Royalties, too. But the second thought. Wait for just one second! If Aron is the second heir then... we're relatives...and probably close ones... What the-? Is JR my cousin? That's... that's... like I was dating my own... brother... eww...

 

“Wait... just a minute. Does that mean we're related? Like close related?” JR tried to get a grip of it all. He was thinking the same thing as Lia.

 

“No. Oh, god no. Then you and Lia... you know... like siblings... no. No.” Aron understood the hint in JR's question and had a moment of no-that's-gross himself. “Far related. We're in the same family tree... well, kind of in the same forest... to make it clear. - But how come, right?”

 

“Yeah... it... makes no sense.”

 

“It's written in the Blinder's Pact. My dad somehow knew about it. The lines of the Royal families are documented there and, just in case, a line that goes on 'til this day is automatically the second heir to the throne.”

 

“That's pretty neat.” JR raised a brow. “Do you know where the Pact is?” So that was the pact dad told me about. But where is it? He said it'll be the key element if things go wrong... it will be the only thing that could set things right...

 

“I have no idea. I'm not sure if it's a one piece document at all. As much as I remember what my dad told me The Blinder's Pact is a book of some kind and every Kingdom has a part of it. And it doesn't only consist of family trees. The Pact holds something else, too... but that's the part I didn't understand when my dad told me. I was only 11.”

 

“No kiddin'.” JR got a bit sarcastic, but Aron didn't mind – at least the prince felt comfortable in the company of the 'deadly' Watchman.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Where are your parents now?”

 

“Somewhere,” Aron said as he got up. That was a question he didn't want to answer. That's enough for you to know. I can't pour you over with information. I could scare you off, you know. There is a country full of people counting on you.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“To get our spy from behind the door.” the older said and cracked the door. He stepped out into the corridor and closed the door behind him.

 

Lia just looked up at Aron and Aron just simply stared back. “Are you mad I didn't tell you?”

 

Lia shrugged. It hadn't sunk in just yet. “How is he?”

 

“He'll survive. You can stay there for tonight and the following nights...”

 

“You-you'd let us?”

 

“You can take care of him better than I can. Plus, you two need your bonding time...” Aron spoke in a caring tone, the tone Lia had missed to hear. “But no funky business, young lady, or I'll lock you up. Got it?” Aron turned the sweet moment around by getting serious.

 

“I promise,” Lia giggled when getting up, “I'll be a good girl.”

 

“That's what I wanted to hear.” Aron smiled. “Come here. Gimme a hug.” he spread his arms. His little sister just looked like she needed a hug... “I know I've been a bad brother, but I'm really trying.”

 

“It's OK. I know you try. I wish I could have been there for you more often.”

 

“OK. Sweet moment is over. Now, get in there and be a good soon-to-be wife.” Aron joked saying the last sentence loud enough for JR to hear.

 

The prince in the room smiled wide.

 

“How do you know my future?”

 

“I know it's love when I see it. - Now, go.”

 

Lia opened the door and went in.

 

“About time.” JR welcomed her.

 

It may not mean a lot to you, but to Lia it meant the entire world to hear those words with a hint of playfulness in the boy's tone – it meant that he was fine; so fine that he could joke around.

 

“How are you?” Lia asked softly as she let her eyes wonder over JR.

 

“Two cuts. Ninety seven stitches. But I can't feel it for another good four hours,” JR said like it was the most usual thing in the world, “thanks to pain-killers.”

 

Lia swallowed. That little sprout of light joy that had raised its head inside her heart was dying again. JR noticed.

 

“Baby-plum... Come here. Come-come,” he called the girl and sat up somehow in the meanwhile.

 

Lia sat on the edge of the bed and JR pulled her into is arms. He didn't say anything he just let the girl cry her heart out one more time.

 

***

 

“I wonder where Baekho and Chinsun are... it's getting late...” Haeran wondered as she closed the curtains before the windows of the living room.

 

“I'll go look for them.” Aron said and got up.

 

“We'll come, too.” Ren was ready to get into action. Minhyun jumped up.

 

“No. Thanks.”

 

“But...” Ren wanted to argue. Actually he and Minhyun were just bored. They weren't used to loathing around. They wanted to work or run outside... with a purpose... or just do something; but it doesn't mean that they forgot about their loves... maybe for a second. They were guys after all.

 

“No, really. It's better if you two stay here. Girls can't protect themselves alone.” Aron made his point. “No offense.”

 

“No offense taken.” Haeran nodded. She totally agreed to Aron. It's not like she, HyunAe, Sunhi, and Lia could scare big killers off with a set mini kitchen-knives. And the knives will probably be even more scared than the girls.

 

“OK, then. I'll be going. Don't wait for me.” The Watchman said as he put on his coat and reached for the front door's handle.

 

“Aron!” Sunhi called.

 

Aron turned around.

 

“Be safe.”

 

“I will.”

 


And just to let you know, for now, there will be no specific update day... But updates will still come! Don't worry.