Here we go

Royal Lovestory

 

 


 

Four days before the ball.

No quests arrived today – tomorrow the first ones will come and it will be a mad house. With all the guests there will also be more spies around and there will be spies for spies and so on. You do the counting. Long story short and simple the castle will be a big fuzzing-buzzing beehive.

 

„Strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, peach, tangerine, kiwi...“ Baekho was mumbling to himself, reading the options of cake-flavors. Where was he?

This little story began this morning, not more than two hours ago. You see, Minhyun isn't the only one around here who can't understand his heart, well, now he does, but Baekho also had hard time with his feelings. He thought he could clear his head up on the garden's wall hide-out. Every time he had a debate in his head he would find answers up there. It was like a little sanctuary to him, a little place where he could be alone with his thoughts and himself. But as usual when he needed peace he never really got it.

He was walking towards the hide-out. Chinsun... Chinsun... He kept repeating her name in his head because he kind of liked how the overwhelming feeling of  happiness rushed over him every single time. It made him feel like he had experienced never before. He sure knew how it felt to be happy, but this happiness was another kind, it was something special.

She's just so... nice and pretty and funny and...and...

When she smiles... when she laughs at my jokes... when she bits her lower lip and looks up with those puppy eyes... she's just everything I could ever wish for... but... How will I ever tell her that if I can't even talk properly in front of her?

Baekho had reached up onto the wall. „What are you guys doing here?“ he asked, surprised. Baekho was rather disappointed. He was hoping to be alone on the wall. He looked at the two befoere him with a sour look on his face, but then he realized something. „What are you-?... Are you two... together?“

The couple's faces flushed red.

„I knew it! - Since when?“ the Baekho asked. He forgot his problems for a moment only to be reminded seconds later. Why am I even...

„Erm...yesterday.“ Minhyun answered looking at Haeran. „What brings you up here?“ he changed the subject.

„Ahh. Just trying to clear my head. Got a lot in mind.“ Beakho said sitting down onto a vacant bench. He let out a heavy sigh, closed his eyes and leaned back. My world is spinning out of control and I don't want to stop it. Chinsun, if you only knew what you're done to me...

„Really? That much?“ Haeran asked in a motherly way.

Minhyun and Haeran exchanged glances and the first asked: „Hyung, is there, by any chance, a girl involved?“

Baekho's eyes shot open and he looked at the couple only to meet their smiling faces. „Is it that obvious?“ he asked with a frown.

„Well, yes. You've been zoning out quite often recently and same goes for Ren actually.“ Minhyun made his point, not saying the last part out loud.

„Heh. Busted.“ Baekho said rubbing his nape and blushing.

„So who's the lucky girl?“ Haeran asked, „Oh, wait. Let me guess – Chinsun.“ she said looking at Baekho with a smile. The latter lowered his head and nodded. The shade of his blush grew deeper creeping up by his ears.

„How will you confess to her?“ Minhyun asked with a very curious tone in his voice.

„Will it be romantic?“ Haeran interjected.

Baekho looked at the couple with wide eyes.

„Ah! That's why you came here,“ Minhyun understood the situation, „you haven't got a clue how to tell her.“

„And I even don't know how she feels about me.“ Baekho said looking down at his hands on his lap.

„Wow, Baekho. Love has really made you blind! Chinsun adores you. You're the only thing she talks about.“ Haeran said throwing her hands up in the air.

„She-she does?" Baekho stuttered.

"Absolutely!" Haeran nodded eagerly. She told Baekho everything she remembered from Chinsun's countless monolouges about the only boy she sees and had been seeing out of all the guys in the castle since they got here. Baekho had to admit that he didn't want Haeran to stop talking, because with every word said his determination grew and he was more and more encouraged to go on with his plan to confess to Chinsun somehow. He didn't know how yet, but he did know the outcome.

Thanks to Haeran vast knowledge about her dear friend Baekho was able to come out some sort of a plan. To Baekho's surprise he actually knew what he was going to do and say and he has to admist that this is his first time when he has every single detail carefully thought trough and planned out. It was rather interesting for him. It was like his mind was working on its own and all he had to do was to sit back and enjoy the ride and he sure did.

 

„She really likes sweets so maybe you could bake her a cake?“ Harean said.

„But I don't know how to bake a cake!“ Baekho got flustered.

„You yourself don't have to bake the cake. You could order the cake and then as a special request you could ask the cakemaker if it's possible that you decorate it.“ Haeran had a solution right away.

Baekho's face lit up.

„Yeah, you can order the cake from Dragon's Bakery. I heard from D.O that they recently opened and they give a discount to every costumer who orders a cake.“ Minhyun added.

Baekho jumped up, his heart filled with determination. „I'll go right now then.“ I will fail for sure, but it will be glorious!

„Good luck, tiger!“ Minhyun shouted after Baekho once the latter was already off the wall.

 

 

 

And this brings us to where we started in the first place - the bakery. Baekho had time to think things over on his way here. He had to get lots of lights, a table, some chairs, great deal of time to prepare everything, a knife to cut the cake, a bit more time, probably a few pills of sedative because by now his heart was about to jump out of his chest and found a kingdom of its own somewhere far away. All he really needed was Chinsun and a quiet moment between the two of them.

„Strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, peach, tangerine, kiwi...“ Baekho was mumbling to himself, reading the options of cake-flavors.

„Have you made up your mind, young man?“ a man with mint colored hair said in a low voice.

„Ehh. Not yet.“ Baekho looked at the man – his nametag read T.O.P.

„Need help?“ TOP asked sitting down behind the table where Baekho was seated.

Baekho nodded. „Do you know what taste girls like?“

„It's for a girl?! - Ooh. I'd say this one here is one of the best selling so far.“ TOP answered pointing on a certain taste on the list.

„Have you decided what kind of cake you'd want?“

„Yes. I'd like to have this cake... but can a make a special request?“ Baekho asked.

„Go ahead.“ TOP said curious about the request.

„Can I decorate it myself, I mean, can I write on it?“ Baekho asked with a nervous tone in his voice.

„I can't see why not. We're open to any requests and I can say that yours isn't out of this world." So this is Baekho. Very interesting. Looks fit - yes. And knowing Kris's friends he sure has a lot going in his head.

 

 

Up on the second floor, where the cakes and cookies and every other delicious sweets were made, G-Dragon and Baekho were decorating today's most imortant cake, Chinsun's cake. Baekho had to admit that he was actually freaking out right now. He may have a plan and it can be carefully thought trough, but that doesn't mean that there's no room for errors and he knew that he'll most certanly make some kind of silly mistake and make a fool out of himself, mess up everything. Maybe he'll drop the cake? That would be so lame.

„Easy now. I couldn't get it right away either.“ GD tried to calm down and also encourage Baekho who was practicing how to write letters with icing. This Baekho-kid sure is something. He's got a steady hand... He seems nice. Kris said he's perfect for... yeah, well, I don't like Kris's plan, I never did. It feels like I'm stabbing him in the back right now. I'm sorry.

 

After two hours or so the cake was finished. Baekho, GD and TOP gathered around and took a look at Baekho's work. The lettering was pretty clean and the colors were definitely well picked, the three red roses fit on the cake perfectly. Over all the cake was quite simple, but it doesn't matter, because it's the thought that actually matters.

GD and TOP both looked at the cake and the first one said: „Well isn't this sweet.“

TOP chuckled. „This is really sweet.“ the mint-head said.

Baekho felt how the butterflies in his stomach came to life. „You guys really think so?“

„We know so.“ both of the cake makers smiled.