Meeting the prince

Royal Lovestory

 


 

A carriage of a light blue color approached the little group of people. HyunAe's heart skipped a beat. No-no-no! Don't tell me it's the prince! I'm not ready to meet him yet! Luckily for HyunAe she could relax herself as the carriage passed them with full speed. But the moment of happiness didn't last for long. Another carriage which was bigger and more decorated appeared and this time it stopped quite near to the spot where the princess was standing.

The door of the carriage flung open immediately, as the carriage had came to full stop, revealing young prince Jonghyun - a person who HyunAe was hoping not to meet so soon.

The prince smiled melting Haeran and Chinsun into puddles of  fluttering hearts but for HyunAe it was the moment of realization that this future marriage has to be seized.

 

 

Oh, look at his pretty face I can't believe HyunAe don't want to marry him. Of  course her opposing statements have a weigh to them.

While Haeran was having this debate in her head two young men appeared behind the carriage and went to talk with the carriage driver. Those young men or should I say boys where the royal coachmen whose job evolved opening and closing the carriage doors and protecting the passengers with all their might. Haeran's eyes widened and her heart fluttered upon seeing more handsome young men.

Oh my-oh my. Look at them! Are all men around here this handsome? And this tall guy...He's so... so... Yiah! He smiled at me!

 

"Your highness.“ the prince said, bowing to the princess. She's pretty for sure.

"My lord.“ HyunAe responded with a light bow. He's even taller than I had imagined him to be. And his voice is...unusual. But still. I need to tell him as soon as it's possible.

 

 

 

Meanwhile Jonghyun approached the couple. „Well, isn't this lovely – two lovers finally meeting.“ he said grinning weirdly. The prince gave the older one a glare.

"Jonghyun, that wasn't nice.“

The prince flushed red thinking that the princess had seen his glare but instead the coachman answered: „Ah, HyunAe, you know I didn't mean a word of it.“ he said waiving his hands.

"I hope so.“

 

 

At the same time the two from prince's carriage looked at Jonghyun with disbelief. How could he be this familiar with the princess in public? Luhan, the carriage driver, noticed the faces of the two. „I guess things work a bit differently in the South.“ he told them shrugging.

 

 

"Wait! His name is Jonghyun, too?“ the prince asked, confused.

"Kim Jonghyun at your service.“ the coachman said, bowing.

"Well, isn't this awkward.“ Minho commented stepping next to Jonghyun. „We'll need something to tell you apart if you two Jonghyuns are together like this.“

The prince had an idea right away. „You can call me JR. That's what my friends call me anyway.“ he said smiling a bit awkwardly.

"Problem solved.“ Minho said happily.

 

 

"Shall we go? People in the castle will get impatient if we wait any longer.“ the prince asked.

"Yes, right away, sir.“ Minho said. Both Minho and Jonghyun bowed and went to the princess's carriage.

"Princess, could you ride with me please?“ JR asked.

"What about my friends?“ HyunAe asked in return motioning to Haeran and Chinsun. The both of them hadn't moved nor said anything the whole time.

"Of course they can come with us.“

"Very well then. Come on, my children.“ HyunAe called her maids.

 

 

 

JR smiled to himself.  I really hope she's sensible. At least she seems to have a sense of humor.

"JR, I need to tell you something.“ HyunAe told prince as she took a seat in the carriage.

"I need to tell you something myself aswell.“ JR said sitting next to her. „But it has to wait for now.“

"I understand.“

As soon as the maids had gotten into the carriage, and the door was shut, it started moving.

 

 

The girls looked outside of the carriage's windows with great curiosity. They oo'd and aa'd upon every new and interesting building and sight. The two coachmen at the back of the carriage looked at each other and chuckled. They could hear everything through a little opened window in the back wall of the ride.

"Everything is so pretty around here.“ Chinsun said excitedly.

"I wish there was everything this pretty all around the city. All you see is the main street. But the real face of the city comes out in the side streets.“ JR said with a frown on his face as he looked outside of the window for the first time since they had reached into the city.

The duo's mood at the back turned sad.

The girls in the carriage didn't say a word.

"But I'm going to change all that once I'm the king.“ JR said trying to cheer others up. It worked.

 

I hope Baekho won't jump on me once I get back. Being away for a week from me - he must miss me, I hope. I sure miss him and his goofy jokes. He's like a brother to me... aswell  are Minhyun and Ren. It doesn't matter that Baekho is actually my personal servant and the other two are high rank coachmen.