Arriving

Royal Lovestory

 


 

The gates opened. As the carriage drove inside the courtyard HyunAe caught a glimpse of the gatekeeper.

"Hey, wait a minute. I know that guy!“

Chinsun and Haeran looked outside of the window in the direction where HyunAe was pointing.

HyunAe continued: "Wasn't that Kibum? You know, the guy Minho and Jonghyun told us about.“

"You mean the gatekeeper?“ JR looked at the princess. „His name really is Kibum. But we call him Key because of his profession.“

"Hah. Funny.“ Haeran commented.

 

***

 

The carriage made it's way to the main entrance where hordes of servants were waiting for the royal couple's arrival.

JR got a bit pissed upon the sight. "Oh gosh, this is ridiculous! I strictly told the Council not to give my family the order to gather up at the front door to welcome us. But here they are.“ he said even balling his fists.

"Your family is this big?“ HyunAe got a bit confused.

"Calling them servants is weird. I grew up with them. The guys at the back are like brothers to me.“  the prince answered pointing at the carriage wall behind his back. „Isn't that right guys?“ he asked them with a bit louder voice.

"Yes, sir.“ the boys answered together at the same time.

"Ahh! Stop with the formal talk already! You make me feel like... someone... bad.“ JR whined. Stupid Council-established rules! Servants? There are no servants around here. We only have friends, our family. We don't have to be blood-related to be called brothers and sisters, uncles and aunts...

"We're still in so-called public, JR.“ Minhyun said looking inside the carriage.

 

 

The carriage stopped. Minhyun and Ren jumped off and opened the doors.

Ren opened the door facing the main entrance. He helped HyunAe step out by offering his hand for her to lean on. She took it and safely stepped on the cobble stone road. He was about to turn to JR but the prince just jumped out of the carriage.

This action pissed off a certain person standing by a second floor's corridor window. This childish boy will be our king? Just look at him! I have to take care of this matter even if I have to kill the little imbecile.

Minhyun opened the door on the other side of the carriage. „Pretty ladies, this way.“ he said smiling as he stretched out his hand for the girls. Haeran exited the carriage first and Chinsun came out right after her. Unlucky for Haeran she somehow managed to trip over her dress but luckily Minhyun caught her at the right moment. It took a moment for Minhyun to realise he was still holding the girl but Chinsun's words broke him out from his daze.

"Well, isn't this lovely – a happy couple.“ she said stepping off from the carriage.

Minhyun released Haeran blushing lightly.

 

***

 

Meanwhile JR told everybody to get back inside except the ones who were supposed to help carry the arrivers' luggage. „...but before you go - this is...“ he looked at the princess motioning her to go on with the introduction herself. So she told them: „I am Park HyunAe - South Kingdom's King's youngest daughter. Nice to meet you all.“ With this she earned a bow from everybody.

In a few minutes every person was at their usual post doing their everyday job.

The amount of people working in the castle was quite ridiculous. It was all the Council's headman's work. Just because he grew up in a poor family. His father was full of himself and didn't take the helping hand of the Royal House.

He now wanted to be surrounded by servants. He wanted to feel like a king. He had worked himself up to where he is now. But he never did it with good intentions. He had other things in mind. But you'll find out what exactly later on. Let's just establish one thing – he's not a nice person, even if he seems nice, he never is and never was.

 

 

The new girls had, but now, seen their new rooms and were overwhelmed by happiness. The rooms were big and filled with luxury. Wardrobe in each room was huge it was a room itself. It was filled with beautiful dresses, skirts , blouses, shoes, boots... and of course pants and t-shirts, and any other kind of garments.

 

 

HyunAe's room was, for obvious reasons, located right across the hall from JR's room. The latter was now standing in the doorway of the princess's room.

"Do you like the room?“ he spoke.

HyunAe turned around to facing JR. "I love it! - But could we talk? It's kind of urgent.“ she said getting a bit nervous. How am I going to tell him this. Aish! I should have thought this trough!

JR stepped inside the room and closed the doors. He sat on a chair by a little round table. HyunAe plopped on her new bed. She opened but just before she could say anything knocking on the door was heard.

 

"Come in.“ JR shouted. Doors opened. "Oh, Sehun! What's up?“

Sehun got a bit uncomfortable. He still hadn't got completely used to the fact that the prince himself treats him as his friend. He stuttered a bit. "We w-would like you to c-come down to have dinner.“ he said with a lisp-laced voice.

HyunAe and JR got up and the latter said: "Well, I guess whatever you need to tell me has to wait.“

 

The three walked side by side.

Sehun heard that and said: "I can go down first for you to finish your chat.“

HyunAe shaked her head and answered: "No-no, it's OK. - But Sehun, can I ask you something?“

"Yes, I guess. As long as it hasn't anything do with the way I sound when talking.“ he said chuckling.

"Actually it has. - Do you have braces?“

"Yes, I do! - You're one of the few who actually knew the cause of me sounding like I do.“ he answered, surprised.

"Well, it's only normal because I had braces when I was little.“

Sehun smiled.

"Look at you two – already getting along.“ JR commented, smiling his signature smile.

 

***

 

The dinner was passed away in silence. JR didn't say a word and indicated HyunAe, Chinsun, and Haeran to do the same. The only and a very good reason to do so was that the highest rank councilmen, who were the Rotted Ones - like Baekho had named them, were sitting at the table.

JR hated how those men acted when his father wasn't around. Those men didn't listen to JR even though he was the prince who was left in charge  of things by the King himself. The latter was away, with the Queen in other Kingdoms on a little time-out. The King didn't have a clue of the conflict, the Rotten Ones were good at keeping this from him, but JR figured it out. What conflict exactly? JR wanted to know the answer to that question aswell. All he knew was that something was going to happen soon and he had to do something about - it didn't matter what or how but something.

HyunAe and the girls finally felt how tired they were from the trip so they went straight to their rooms and to bed.

JR didn't go to bed even though it was getting late and it was dark outside. He had other plans. He has a midnight-meeting with a certain someone.