Burn-burn

Royal Lovestory

 


 

The arrivers ran as quickly as they could towards the source of the smoke. Kai as the quickest was first, followed by Baekho, then Kris, and then the others, not falling much behind.

The sight they saw was quite unexpected.

 

„The wood is wet dammit! Get these branches away! The smoke gets everywhere!“ someone was yelling the orders.

„Move it! Move it!“

„Where are the marshmallows?“

 

A huge wooden statue, which supposedly was the Council headman, was burning.

The runners were dumbfounded. What was this supposed to mean?

 

„Ah! Kris, you said you'll get here by four!“ Tao addressed his friend. He had a quick glance at his watch. „But it's 3.32. You're too early!“ the black haired young man whined.

„You haven't changed... A nice 'hello' would have done the trick, you know.“ Kris went up to his peer and hugged the other. Nice genuine happiness radiated from both of them.

 

 

Introducing time. Of course someone had to fool around as usual.

 

„Hello, pretty ladies!“ Eli bowed to the girls who started giggling by this action.

„Fly away, pigeon-boy, you're too old for them.“ Kevin interrupted smacking his best friend's head.

„I'm too old? Why won't you count your own age?!“ Eli reacted right away.

 

Soohyun had came with a wooden bowl full of grilled marshmallows in his hands.

„Would you two, lovers, get a room already?“ he made his thoughts clear.

„Why? You jealous?“ Eli couldn't stop fooling around – it was evident others were enjoying the little act.

„Yes, dadd-?“ Kevin aegyo'd but got interrupted by Soohyun who stuffed the biggest marshmallow he could find into the boy's mouth. Kevin furrowed his brows and tilted his head to the side when eating the sweet in his mouth.

„You look better like this.“ Soohyun laughed along with others.

 

 

„You probably wonder what's up with the Lucras's statue.“ Tao spoke up scratching his nape.

„Other than burning it?“ Baekho asked. JR snickered to himself.

„Eh... actually we're burning the thingy that's left of it.“ Tao answered.

 

JR bursted into laughter. Others just looked at him with surprised faces.

„I'm sorry. I just couldn't help myself.“ he hiccuped, „I was just thinking what face Lucras would have if he saw this.“ Then he mimicked the face and the actions he had in mind. He flailed his hands, ran a few circles around the place, then stopped and looked at the burning fire and made an exaggerated scared face which looked more like the pharaoh of the Fish than Lucras the Angry.

 

Everybody started laughing once again. Baekho and Ren almost fell over and that made others laugh even more.

„Is it just me or are we always laughing when we are together?“ HyunAe made an observation after they had calmed down a bit.

„Now that you brought that up – we do laugh a lot since you have got here!“ JR came to realization.

„That's right – I haven't laughed this much since...“ Minhyun started off with a happy note but frowned in the end.

„Since all of this started.“ Ren finished his friend's sentence, looking at the burning statue.

 

The mood immediately fell really low. Everyone got quiet.

„Marshmallows, anyone?“ Soohyun piped up to change the mood. It worked. People woke from their gloomy daze.

 

***

 

Some time later everyone had sat down by a long wooden table which was sat up near the fire. Baekho found a moment to ask JR a question which had been bugging him since they arrived: „Hey, JR, what exactly happened between you and the girls in the car?“ Minhyun and Ren scooted closer.

 

„Why won't you ask them? JR answered pointing at the three giggling girls.

„Ask us what?“ Haeran made an innocent face.

JR didn't say anything. He just stared at the trio.

„Okay-okay. We just gave him a little make over. That's all.“ Haeran raised her hands in defeat.

„Did you guys see anything?“ Chinsun asked.

„We saw you when you were taking off his make-up.“ Minhyun said awkwardly.

„So?“ HyunAe didn't understand.

„We thought he was... you know...“ Ren couldn't sort out the situation any better.

But JR understood: „You thought that I was with the girls... like... flirting?“

 

The three boys nodded heads hanging low.

„Oh my gosh! No! I'm with Odelia.“ JR said but seeing Haeran and Chinsun furrow their brows he remembered: „Ahh, I haven't told you guys yet.“

„We already know,“ Baekho said pointing at himself and at Minhyun, „Ren told us.“

„So looks like HyunAe doesn't have to worry about this marriage anymore then.“ Haeran smiled. Minhyun noticed her smile. Pretty...