I oppose

Royal Lovestory

 


 

Just 2 weeks ago she was a normal teenage girl. Well almost, excluding the fact that she's is the youngest daughter of the South Kingdom's King, she was normal. She's still that girl she was 2 weeks before but with one big change: she was soon to be married off to a prince in North Kingdom she had never met.

And here I thought I could enjoy my young days... Wait! I'm not that old. Ahh! I'm already starting to sound like my life is over. Maybe it's not that bad. NO! It IS bad! I've never even met him!

She sighted as she opened an envelope containing some photos of the young prince she will be calling her husband starting with the next spring.

Damn! That's not very lady-like to say but DAMN! Wow! He's quite handsome and should I say - cute. But there's one big problem. He-

 

"Hey, sis, what chu doin?" You see: HyunAe's brother Jaehyun has a tendency to pop out of nowhere and this time was no different.

"AHH!" The princess almost fell off the chair. "For god sakes, Jaehyun! Stop doing that. I will get a heart-attack one day." Of course the boy wasn't listening the scolding directed to him, he was busy laughing his head off. Oh, the glory of being related to him.

"Sorry, sis. I just couldn't help myself" he said between pants and out of the blue he his serious mode. "But you see, that's probably the last time I could play such trick on you."

HyunAe sighted and nodded: "Probably." She turned around and took a photo from the table. Showing it to her brother she said: "I was looking through these before you decided to give me an adrenaline boost by playing the boogy-man."

Jaehyun snorted but then tilted his head and pointed to the picture. "I don't remember wearing that."

"Well, my dear brother, because this isn't you. It's my future husband - Kim Jonghyun."

 

As she looked up to her brother she was presented by the most interesting sight ever. Jaehyun had his mouth dangling open and a face of are-you-kidding-me on. He looked to her sister then back to the photo then took the photo and walked up to the mirror in his sister's room. Examining the boy in the photo and his own looks in the mirror he spoke: "You're telling me that there is a guy as HANDSOME AS ME! I-need-to-meet-this-guy!"

"Maybe you should marry him then because I sure won't."

Jaehyun calmed down a bit by that statement. "Why?" Stupid! You know exactly why she doesn't want to marry a guy who looks just like her own brother! She would never see the guy as a husband.

"First of all, I don't want to marry somebody haven't met. Secondly, as you now know, he looks just like you. I can't marry him! It would feel like I'm telling my vows to you!" Why is this my life? I wish I could just fly away somewhere and never come back. Wait! I need to reconsider that last statement... I still want to see my family..ahh. Damn.

Jaehyun rubbed his imaginary beard. "You know you've got a point there. But still, I'm afraid you have no choice. As dad always says-" "Stay loyal to the royals. I know...It's just-" The door opened and revealed the Queen. Or as JaeHyun and HyunAe would call her - mom.

 

"Oh, hey mom!" The youngsters said in unison. Mom smiled at them and turned to Jaehyun: "Hyunnie-dear, dad needs you in the Council room." "Ah! Right! On my way."

"And you ,my soon-to-be-married-daughter, how are you feeling right now?" she asked HyunAe as she sat on her bed.

"I don't know, mom. I still haven't got used to the idea..." She paused and collected herself. "I don't want to marry him. Look at him!" "Yes, he's quite handsome and I heard he's a good fighter, too. I know you like bad boys." She was wiggling her eyebrows.

"Mo-oom. He looks like Jaehyun! Every time I look at these pictures I see Jaehyun! I can't marry him. It would feel like I'm marrying my own brother." She sighed in frustration. Silence filled the room.

"I know it's hard, dear, but look at your own parents - we ended up just fine. And you will, too. You just have to give it some time. It's not like you're going to marry him right away. Maybe if you see him in person you'll see just how different he is from your brother."

 

Before HyunAe could say anything back to her mother someone knocked on the door. Once again the door opened and this time a young servant named Taemin stood before them.

The Queen addressed the young man, saying: "Taemin, right on time as usual. Please take these suitcases downstairs." "Right away, ma'am." While Taemin was still in the room, the Queen added: "The carriage will depart shortly." Saying it to both Taemin and the princess.

 

"Looks like I'm off to my new miserable life." said HyunAe as she gathered the photos from the table to put them back into the envelope. Her mother walked up to her and took her hands. Looking right into her daughter's eyes she said: "You'll be fine. I promise."

And for a moment there I actually believed her. But those hopes soon vanished as soon as I met the prince. He had some news to tell.

 

 


Here are the members of SHINee as I mentoned Taemin here. Others will appear as the story goes on.