Chapter 9:

My Perfect Fairytale

"Siwon?"

And without wasting any moment, Minjee pulled him in her embrace and hugged him tightly when the guy nodded after she called the name. Siwon smiled and gladly returned her hug just like the old times.

One the other side, Donghae stopped his tracks when he saw her at another man's embrace. He clinched his fist, trying to hold his desire to punch the unfamiliar guy. Narrowing his eyes, he tried to analyze his face. Surely he's also from the high society. if not, why would he be here at their party? It's not like his parents would just invite anybody. They have their own standards on choosing guests.

When both had let go, Siwon pinched her cheeks, making their faces just inches away. Alarmed by the Siwon's act, Donghae instantly went to them and pulled Minjee to him, separating the two.

"Excuse me. It's my girlfriend that you're holding. May i know who are you?" 
He asked, raising an eyebrow at him as he tightenedly hold Minjee's hand, not wanting to let her go anywhere, especially to the other latter's side again.

Siwon stared at him, obviously surprised. Donghae turned at Minjee when she gently slapped his hand and pouted.

"Don't be so rude." She said.

"Oh no. I am the one being rude here. Hugging someone's girlfriend." Siwon spoke as he emphasized the word 'girlfriend'. He straightened himself and cleared his throat, 

"My name is Choi Siwon. Nice to meet you." He said as he offered his hand at him.

"Lee Donghae." The other latter replied.

"So, may i know what is your relationship to my girlfriend?" The tone of jealousy can be heard at Donghae's voice.

Minjee panicked at Donghae's shotting question. Ofcourse, Siwon doesn't know that Donghae still doesn't have an idea of what Minjee's real identity is. And so, before Siwon could reply, She interrupted him.

"Just another friend. Long story." 
She pulled Donghae away before he could ask yet another question. She bid him goodbye before dragging Donghae away, pulling him and making him sit back at the table with the other guys. Siwon on the other hand, guessed right about the other latter not knowing the situation. 

"Did i came back too late already? Minjee, You said you'd wait for me.." He sighed at his own thought, staring back at the couple one last time before leaving.

"Come on! Tell me who that guy is! What is that guy to you? You two look so close!" 
Donghae whined as he begged Minjee to explain. 

"Please." He pleaded as he kissed her hand and smiled cutely. The other guys just stared at them, completely disgusted with their 'Public Display of Affection'.

"Yah Lee Donghae. You do know your aegyo doesn't work on me, right?" She hissed. 

"Is he your ex-boyfriend??"

"If i said yes, will you stop asking?" She teased as she tried to hold her laugh.

"So he is? Woah! You really don't have a taste, don't you?"

"What?! Yah! If you're jealous, you can just tell me so i can understand." 

"W-what? Who's jealous? I'm not jealous! Why would i be jealous? I've never been jealous!" 
He denied when Minjee's reply caught him off-guard. Minjee continuedly stared at him, which made the other latter uncomfortable.

"Just this time okay?" He finally admitted and looked down shyly. The other guys cracked up with laughter at Donghae's Confession. Minjee smiled as a tint of pink are slowly covering her cheeks.

"The great Lee Donghae getting jealous? Wow Hyemin! You're really something!" Jungsoo commented.

"What kind of charms do you hold to make this guy jealous?" Heechul added.

"What do you mean?" Minjee confusingly asked. Donghae hid behind her back, obviously more shy at his current situation he got himself in. 

"It's the first time Donghae got jealous. Even with his past relationships, he never was. It seems like you're a lucky girl." Jongwoon informed as he winked at her.

"Don't listen to them. Let's just go."

Both of them went out and started to walk under the dark sky. Donghae then intertwined his hand to hers, causing her cheeks to turn into a shade of red. He smiled as he saw her like that. And at that moment, all she wanted was to just stay in the exact same moment with him.

"Aah. The night is really beautiful." She said as she lifted her head up to watch the stars that were twinkling on her eyes.

"But not as beautiful as you." He smiled. Minjee turned pink at his complement.

"Hey." He called again. Minjee stopped and turned at him.

"Thanks for accompanying me tonight. Though i know it burdened you for pretending to be my girlfriend.. or Fiancé.." He winked, "You still did it. I owe you one. Don't worry. When i found the real girl that was suppose to be at your place right now, you'll be the first one to know." He added. 

Minjee let go of his hand after what he said. Donghae became confused but she gave him a forced smile.

"Don't hold my hand, okay? what if she was just around and saw you holding my hand?" She lightly punched his hand and walked first, leaving Donghae catching up.

She felt a little flick of hurt though she didn't want it to be obvious. Once again, reality hit her. She forgot that it was suppose to be somebody with him right now and not her. It was suppose to be another girl that he waited in mokpo. that girl that didn't come. that girl that was suppose to be addressed as his girlfriend or fiancé. that girl.. that is not her. 

~

"Explain."
Ryeowook shortly said as he threw the newspaper infront of Minjee. He placed both of his hands on his chest as he waited for Minjee to speak.

[Hottest news!] The Lee family + Lee Donghae's girlfriend (or rather, Fiancé?)

After reading the article, Minjee's mind went blank. She didn't know what would she say or tell his brother. And even if she would try to explain, he wouldn't believe her.

"What? Fiancé? Are you kidding me?" He said as he laughed sarcastically.

"You came to a party without even me knowing or atleast consult me first if you're allowed? And worse, going there confidently with another name? What would you do if dad suddenly decides to introduce you formally to the public? Would you want to be published as the mysterious daughter of the great Kim So Hyun going to a party and declaring herself with another name to the high society? Wouldn't that be a shame? Pssh. Oh, and congrats. You're engaged now, right?" He added.

Minjee turned her head down, her eyes getting watery and so she tried to avoid any eye contact with her brother, in which made her brother even more angry.

"What? Now you're guilty?" He asked sarcastically.

"Or do you want to be sent abroad? By the looks of it, it looks like you want to."

When Minjee heard his brother's threat, tears finally rolled down her face. She turned up to him, her face turned cold and her eyes grew dark on what she had heard.

"If you dare." She coldly shot back and left. Leaving her brother awed in surprise to her answer.

Minjee ran back to her room and locked it. She sat on the floor as she hugged her knees and cried. 
It wasn't because she was guilty or anything, but because she felt hurt that he wouldn't believe or even trusted her. Atleast letting her explain would be enough, but he didn't. He judged her right away like the other people other people did.And what hurted the most was it was his own brother.

Later, she stood up and went towards the piano on her room. She sat as she opened the case and started playing Für Elise. It was one of her favorite pieces to play since everytime she plays it, she remembers alot of good memories. Those precious memories that would always cheer her up and keep her going.

*

Flashback:

Little Minjee sneaked inside the room where she heard someone playing the piano. When she tried to looked at the man playing, she realized it was no other than his father. She sat beside him as she listen at him playing the piece she was trying to learn now, Für Elise. After ending the piece, her father looked at her and smiled.

Little Minjee tried to impress her father by playing the same song, but because she wasn't good enough yet, she made alot of mistakes. Her father just laughed at her and played it together with her. 

"Appa, One day, I'll play this piece to you perfectly." She promised.

"I'll surely look forward to that." He replied and smiled.

Later, her father took out something from his pocket and wore it around her neck.

"Advance happy birthday, my princess." He kissed her forehead.

Little Minjee felt excited at his father gift. It was a little shinning necklace. She hugged her father and went out to show off the gift her father gave her.

*

She sighed as she remembered those memories. She even regretted that she didn't took care of the gift her father gave her. It was a most precious gift yet she lost it. She doesn't even remember where. But what she know was she lost it way before they moved to Seoul. Or maybe she left it at Mokpo back then?

That's it! I must've left it in Mokpo! Should i go back there and check? But i lost it many years ago! Maybe somebody had even picked it up or something.. but it doesn't hurt to try right? But what if they will find out that i went to Mokpo? Going to Donghae's party without their permission was already enough. She asked and argued with heself. but later she finally made up her mind.

"I'm going back to Mokpo alone. Whether they get mad or anything, or even dare send me abroad, i don't care." She stood up and started packing up her things.