Chapter 10

My Perfect Fairytale

Chapter 10:


Minjee leaned on the glass window as she continued to admire the beautiful night view of Seoul. Judging by the way she looked, the loneliness she felt on that very moment was too obvious. There aren't too many passengers around since she took the last bus. She was alone. She sighed as she closed her eyes. she drowned herself between her thoughts and eventually, she slept.

-

"Hey.." The bus driver shook her up. Minjee slowly opened her eyes and took a quick glance at the driver.

"Miss, we're already in Mokpo." He added.

Minjee then stood up and bowed at the driver to apologize and quickly took her leave. As she walked around the dark and empty streets, she tried to familiarized herself to her surroundings. The stores around her were already close and some houses had already their lights switched off. 

She then stopped at a place. And without her noticing, a curve is slowly forming on her lips. She went towards the playground infront of her and sat on one of the swings. Her smile widened even more as she stare at the empty swing beside her. It was where Donghae sat the last time they were there.

Later, she snapped back from her thoughts when she noticed a figure standing not far away from where she was. She narrowed her eyes as she try to analyze the person's face. He was staring at her direction which made her feel uncomfortable. Thinking he was some kind of of something, she stood up and was about to run. And even before she could, the figure called her.

"Hyemin!" the familiar voice yelled. Minjee froze. The figure then walked towards her and Minjee heavily sighed in relief when she saw who it was.

"Hyukjae-ssi? What are you doing here?" The last time she remembered, Hyukjae was acting bitter towards her at the party. But this time, he was kind of... Different. She sat back at the swing and Hyukjae followed her.

"Should YOU really be asking that question? What are YOU doing here?" Emphasizing the YOU, he answered her question with another question. 

"Well, there's no sign around here that states that i have no right to be here." She shot back, looking around her as if searching for the sign. Hyukjae laughed. An awkward atmosphere surrounded them. They aren't that close to start with.

"Hey," She then called him to get his attention, breaking the silence between them.

"Hng?"

"Can i ask you a question?" Hyukjae turned at her expectantly. "Why did you.. well.. kind of ignored me back at the party? Do you hate me or something?" She then added. And for the second time, Hyukjae laughed.

"Why would i hate you?"

"Then why were you ignoring me?"

"Hmm.. Should i tell you a short story?" He said as he flashed her his genuine gummy smile.

"Oh, so there's a story on why you hate me?" She sarcastically asked, acting like she was not interested to hear his story.

"Well, just listen. okay?" Minjee then nodded.

"Once upon a time, there was a boy who liked a girl. He really liked her so much. But one day, when he was about to tell the girl how much he liked her, she disappeared. The boy tried to search for her but she was nowhere to be found. He waited and waited for her, but he only waited for nothing. He tried to forget her by getting into relationships with other girls as he grow up. But when you looked closely through his eyes, you can still see he still liked that girl. And there comes his friend, he pitied the girls the boy dates because he knows that he was only playing with them. Everytime his friend gets a new girlfriend, he would act bitter towards her because he would always assume that,"

"that girl is such easy to get?" Minjee interrupted. "This story is about Donghae, am i right? and the friend you were talking about is you?"

"You're smart." Hyukjae laughed. "But by the looks on your face, it seems like you aren't that surprise. You knew about it? How?" He then added.

"Hmm.. Should i tell you a short story?" She asked just like the tone Hyukjae did earlier.

"Once upon a time, there was a girl who met a boy. to make the long story short, she came to like him. One time, the boy bought her to a place. She wanted to tell him how much she liked him at that moment, but she couldn't. and then, she felt a flick of pain when the boy told her he was waiting for someone at that place. Someone he had been waiting for.. His First Love," She paused, "But because he knew that she wouldn't come, she asked the girl a favor. And even though she didn't want to do the favor he asked, she still did it. It was because she liked him. And you know what? The girl got into a big trouble. But she didn't regret any of the thing she did because she did it for the boy she liked.." Minjee looked down.

"And that girl.. was you?"

"You're smart." Minjee smiled at him. Hyukjae sighed as he placed his hand on her back.

"Hyemin," He called. She looked up to him and tried to smile. "I'm really sorry." He then added which made the other latter confuse.

"Sorry? For what?"

"Donghae.. he really is a great guy. Others just couldn't see it. Some might think he's such a bastard, but in reality, he is a sweet boy. I know why you like him and i know it wasn't just because of his looks. And the truth is, i think he likes you too. He just couldn't admit it to himself because he still can't let go of the girl that we both know, especially him, will never come. And i have to admit, when he's around you, he seems different." He sighed and smiled, "I thought you were just using him because of his looks, money or popularity like his other past girlfriends, that's why i acted bitter towards you when i saw you at the party. And i'm sorry for that. But when i saw how you look at him and vice versa, or even how he got easily Jealous at the party, i know it wasn't just something."

"Expectation leads to disappointments." She shortly replied. "I like him. But still, I shouldn't expect. As long as he still couldn't let go of his first love, I shouldn't expect him to return the feelings i have for him." She smiled.

"But don't tell him. Or even force him to forget his first love. He'll get over her somehow. And until that day comes, i'll still be waiting. Good things come to those who wait." She added. Hyukjae smiled at her, assuring her he will not tell Donghae a thing.

"But still, I'm sorry."

"It's really okay Hyukjae-ssi." She smiled.

"Could you drop the honorifics? It's really annoying you know." Hyukjae complained.

"Alright, HYUKJAE." 

A moment later, Hyukjae finally notice that the night getting deeper. He glanced at his watch, and was half surprise to see it was already quarter to twelve.

"Hyemin, it's already quarter to twelve. Should i take you home?" He offered.

Minjee started to panic. She got too distracted that she didn't realize her real situation. "Uhh. Actually Hyukjae-ssi, aah, I mean, Hyukjae, I left home. Not that i ran away, Me and my brother fought.. so... i've got no place to go." She tried to explain.

Hyukjae sighed. He couldn't just leave her alone sleeping in the streets, couldn't he?

"Okay, you're coming home with me tonight. But tomorrow, you're going back home." Minjee rejoiced on what he had said. Alot of things happened that day and so she was too tired and sleepy.

~

"You can sleep here for tonight. You brought your clothes have you? Change your clothes now and sleep." Hyukjae commanded, in which Minjee obeyed. After taking a shower, Minjee wore her comfortable pajamas that she bought and tucked herself under the thick comforter. and before her eyes was about to close, a sound growled coming from her stomach. 

And then she remembered, she haven't eaten since that morning. She stood up and sneakily went to the kitchen to cook herself atleast a ramen, but when she was about to enter, she heard a voice coming from the place. She hid behind the wall, and of course that voice was no other than Hyukjae talking to someone over the phone. She didn't want to eavesdrop and so she left and went back to her room.

-

The next morning, Donghae was sitting beside her. He secretly smiled seeing her peacefully sleeping as he brushed out a small part of her hair that was covering her face with his fingers. 

Last night, He was disappointed when Hyukjae told him that he saw Minjee wandering around late last night around Mokpo and that she said she ran away. That's why after Hyukjae told him about it over the phone, he instantly packed his bags and went there.

After feeling the touch, Minjee slowly woke up. When she opened her eyes, she was surprise to see Donghae beside her, staring at her. 

"Good morning." He greeted her but with an empty voice. Minjee still couldn't believe that he was actually infront of her. Now, without any doubt, she knew he was that person Hyukjae was talking to on the phone last night. A knock interrupted them. When the door opened, she saw Hyukjae entering the room.

"Good you're awake. Let's go outside and eat." He said. Donghae remained sitting while Minjee didn't dare to move. When Hyukjae left the room, Donghae spoke "We need to talk." 

"Later," She said, finally getting up.

"No, right now." He said calmly. "Hyukjae can wait." He added.

"Then what do you want to talk about?" She replied as she stare at him.

"Why did you ran away?" He directly asked, getting straight to the point. "Or rather what are you doing here in Mokpo? What if something happened to you? It was already late at night for goodness sake! and to think that you are a girl."

"There's no sign here around mokpo that states i can't be here, isn't there?" She answered sarcastically, pretending to look around her.

"Can't you be serious just this once?!" Donghae almost yelled, getting pissed.

"It's none of your business to start with." She stood up and headed towards the door when a hand pulled her, preventing her to go.

"None of my business? Aren't we friends?" She turned back at him.

"We're... friends. yeah, i know that. But not everything about me or that's happening to me, you should know or be informed."

"Oh, so you don't tell me yet you tell that... punk.. what was his name.." He paused, thinking. "SIWON!" He almost yelled, proud to remember the name.

Minjee raised an eyebrow at him. "And why is Siwon suddenly part of our conversation?"

"You tell him but you don't tell me? You're so unfair!" He whined like a little kid. It reminded her why she liked him. Others may think of him like he was kind of manly but in reality (at least in her point of view and also to Hyukjae's) he was just a child seeking for attention and love.

"Can't you be a little mature just this once?" She hissed.

"Fine. I will if you tell me why you ran away."

"Fine." She sighed. "Me and my brother fought, okay?" 

"About what?" Minjee looked away, which made it the answer to his question.

"Don't tell me... it's because of the party?" And before she could answer back, her stomach growled. Donghae tried hard not to smile or even laugh when he heard the sound as he turned down at her stomach that she was now holding and covering with both of her hands.

"L-let's just talk about it again later, okay? I haven't got to eat anything last night!" She told him and quickly ran out, embarassed. Donghae smiled as he followed her. All of a sudden, he forgot that he was suppose to be angry at her.

A/N: How was it? Don't forget to leave comments! <3 :))