Chapter 20 part 1

My Perfect Fairytale

 

A/N: Heeey! After such a long time, i finally had the time to update. Sorry if it took too long and oh, happy 3k reads! :>

 

I’ll be splitting this chapter into two parts. :)

 

So anyway, happy reading! Don’t forget to vote, and comment! Love lots. Mwa :>

 

Chapter 20 part 1:

 

“Did he pick up?” Dad asked me. I nodded as i occupied the seat next to him. Donghae’s dad, on the other hand, hadn’t spoke a word since he came. He still looked at me in disbelief. He was obviously surprise to see me. The real me.

 

 

“What did he say?” I shifted around my seat uncomfortably. I looked at dad and tried to smile, “He said he’s busy so he can’t come.” I lied.

 

 

“What!?” Dad and Mr. Lee both said in unison. The first word Mr. Lee ever said since he came They looked at each other for a second, then turned their attention back to me.

 

 

I faked a smile, “but he agreed to go tomorrow..” I tried to lighten up. They both sighed in relief.

 

 

“You are indeed your father’s daughter. Even I can’t make my son go and it only took you one phone call to convince him.” Mr. Lee said and smiled. The smile he never gave me from before.

 

 

 

 

“Ofcourse!” Dad agreed. “Oh, and by the way,” Dad turned to me, “It’s great to see you’re still wearing that necklace i gave you.” He smiled, “I thought you lost it.”

 

 

 

 

 

I held the pendant of the necklace, and slightly smiled at him.

 

 

 

 

 

They started talking about business i couldn’t relate so i excused myself. I told dad i’ll be going home first. I went out of the restaurant and begged my bodyguards to let me go and assured them dad won’t know.

 

 

 

See? Where will you ever find a rich girl like me begging on someone?

 

 

 

I want to have a little walk. They insisted but i almost cried convincing them until they let me. Good thing one of them was somewhat close to me so he trusted me. I told them i’ll be home by 9:30 pm.

 

 

 

 

I walked down the empty streets.

 

 

 

How peaceful.

 

 

 

 I didn’t notice until now that tears started to flow down my cheeks. I bit my lower lip, holding back the continuing tears.

 

 

 

“Why did you leave me? I came back there, Hyemin. I  came back to confess my feelings for you. My love for you. I only realized then how i really felt for you. I jailed myself with the belief that all i could and ever love was that one girl i don’t even know. But when i met you, it changed everything. You made me experience happiness again. Please Hyemin, come back to me and i promise you, you won’t regret it. I love you. My love for you is more than the money i have in my bank account. And your worth is even more expensive than those of the sports cars i have. Because you are more expensive, more than my life. And i will do anything for me to be deserving to have you.”

 

 

It just hurts.

 

Why did he confess later? If only he said these things to me earlier..

 

 

Maybe it hurts now, it hurts knowing someone i love loves me but i can’t do anything about it, but time heals, right?

 

Maybe as time goes by, it won’t hurt anymore.

.

.

.

It won’t be as painful as i feel now, being far away from him.

 

 

 

I was too busy talking to my thoughts when i accidentally bump on someone. I quickly wiped my tears.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” I bowed apologetically.

 

 

 

 

“Hyemin?” I looked up, and abit startled to see hyukjae. He smiled at me, i slightly smiled back.

 

 

I stood up straight and turned around, “i need to go.”

 

 

He pulled my hand, stopping me. “We really need to talk.” I sighed.

 

 

 

We walked to the nearest park in silence. What should i say? Should i just lie and make excuses? I know Donghae had told him about what happened.

 

 

We sat on the bench, and after a few minutes of silence, he finally talked.

 

 

“Tell me what happened.” He didn’t even look at me.

 

 

 

“The truth or the lie?” Please say the lie.

 

 

 

“The truth.” He said.

 

 

 

“The real or the fantasy?” If i keep this up, maybe he’ll just get annoyed and won’t ask anymore.

 

 

“Hyemin!” He called, finally looking at me in seriousness.

 

 

I slightly smile at him, I should just tell him. Afterall, it will be announce tomorrow anyway. “Minjee.” I corrected him.

 

 

 

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “What?”

 

 

 

“My real name is Kim Minjee. I’m the daughter of Kim Sohyun. Tomorrow will be my birthday, so you should come.” I bitterly smiled at him, like an innocent girl.

 

 

“Y-y-ou’re...” He trailed off. He was still staring at me in disbelief.

 

 

 

“Yep.” I said like it was no big deal, “Oh, and i’m Donghae’s fiancé too.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Are you kidding me?” He laughed, “Okay, now the truth.” then turned into serious again.

 

 

 

I raised an eyebrow at him, “It IS the truth.”

 

 

 

 

“Oh fu” He placed his hand on his mouth, trying not to curse. I chuckled. I stood up, and bowed at him.

 

 

 

“Nice to meet you.” I said formally and a smirk made its way up to my lips.

 

 

 

“Ya! Hy- Minjee! Stop that!” He complained. I smiled and sat again next to him.

 

 

 

 

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke again,

 

 

 

“Why don’t you just tell him?” He said. I looked at him,

 

 

“tell him? Then what? That i’m his fiancé? The girl he disliked?”

 

 

 

 

“Donghae is not that kind of a guy. He’ll understand.” He explained.

 

 

 

 

 

“To tell you the truth, i’m a win-win in this situation. I love him, and i get to marry him. But to him? It’s not. Yes, he likes me like he admitted awhile ago and-“

 

 

 

 

“Wait- what? He admitted awhile ago?” He asked in confusion.

 

 

 

 

“To make the long story short, I called him, he confessed, i hung up.” I simply said. I didn’t want to tell him the details, duh. “He said he likes me. Oh wait, let me rephrase that, he said he LOVES me.” Saying it made me blush alittle.

 

 

 

 

 

“Then what’s wrong? You two just get married, then happy ending!” He said.

 

 

 

“But it’s not that simple. And i don’t want him to marry me just because he was told so. I want him to marry me because that’s what he wants, not what his father wants.”

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae didn’t say anything, and continued to listen,

 

 

 

 

“Did you know why i left? Why i left him?” He didn’t respond.

 

 

I remembered exactly the words dad told me. Yes, dad came there. I wasn’t even surprise he knew where i was. the reason why i left, the reason why i am here right now. Dad gave me a choice to choose back there, he came to Mokpo, not to fetch me, but to make me choose.

 

 

 

 

`Flashback`

 

 

I blinked numerous times.

 

This is really it. I remembered what the necklace looked liked. There are two possibilities, either it’s another carbon copy of the necklace, or this is really the original one that i lost.

 

But come to think of it, everything dad gave me is rare. Especially this necklace because for all i know, it was costumized, made only for me.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Wow. Just wow. How nice have destiny to have played with us.

 

I took it and wore it. I felt somehow relieved. I wiped the remaining dried tears in my cheeks and finally had the strength to stand up. When i was about to take a step forward, a knock sounded.

 

I clutched my hands and took a deep breath, i turned to face the door and slowly opened it.

 

 

I was startled upon seeing who the ‘visitor’ was.

 

“Dad...” I was almost in tears. How i’ve missed him. And for us, seeing each other finally at this situation, saddened me.

 

 

 

“my princess...” He opened his arms and welcomed my hug. I sobbed. I don’t even know what to say to him. For sure he knew everything that happened.

 

When his hug loosened, i looked up to face him, “a-are y-you angry a-at me?” I said both fear. I sighed in relief when he shook his head, still smiling.

 

 

“How can i get angry at my princess?” He kissed my forehead.

 

 

“i’m really sorry dad.” Tears continued to flow down my cheeks.

 

 

 

“Why?” He asked, looking at me in confusion. “tell me why. Why are you here, Why did you pretend, Why.... everything.” He sadly smiled. I know he is disappointed at me.

 

 

I looked down. He closed the door behind him and pulled me to the living room. We both sat down.

 

 

“Tell me everything honestly, i won’t judge you.”

This is why it makes me even more guilty. Dad loved me so much but what did i repay him? Being a bad daughter to him?

 

 

I sighed,

 

 

“Dad, i love him. That’s why.” I admitted. He didn’t say anything so i continued, “I didn’t know when it started, or how. All i know is when i see him with another girl, it makes me angry. When i’m with him, my heart leaps with joy. And when he tells me he loves another girl, it feels like my heart was stabbed by a hundred knives.”

 

 

 

I smiled bitterly, “Sometimes, he acts like our feelings are mutual, the other times, he’s pushing me away.” I looked down, “I don’t know what to do now, dad. He knew. And i’m afraid because of it, he’ll stay away from me. And i can’t handle if he did that.”

 

 

 

Dad wiped my tears, “Don’t cry.” He said, “Should i just cancel the marriage i set you up with him? Tell me right away and leave it for me to solve.”

 

 

I shook my head, “No, dad. Not right now.

 

 

 

“then when?” He asked. I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

 

 

He sighed, “Let’s go home now, okay?” He looked liked he was pleading for me.

 

 

 

“Dad, i can’t. I can’t leave him.” I begged.

 

 

 

“I knew you wouldn’t go with me. I didn’t come here to fetch you, but to make you choose.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Be with him, i won’t stop you, and pretend. Pretend you’re identity. Or come with me, i’ll give you the choice, and be free. I’ll be announcing your identity to the public on your birthday, and if he does love you, he’ll still be with you.”

 

 

 

 

 

So that’s it. I chose the second choice. It’s a risk. Either he’ll stay or leave. And it’s also a chance to really know if he loves me.

 

 

 

`end of flashback`

 

 

 

 

“you know, you could’ve chose the first choice but rephrase it. Be with him, tell him who you are, he accepts you and happily ever after.” Hyukjae said as he rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

“but sadly, life doesn’t go that way.” I said and sighed.

 

 

 

“Trust me. Even if he knew who you really are, he’ll accept you.”

 

 

 

“maybe. But i still won’t let him marry me just because his father wants him to.”

 

 

 

 

“so you’re saying you still want him to propose? Don’t worry, i’ll tell him to propose tomorrow.” He said it seriously.

 

 

 

“Ya! I didn’t mean it like that. I just want him and i to start again. You know, not as hyemin, but as minjee.” I slight smile formed on my lips, “that’s if, he’ll stay.”

 

 

 

“trust me. He will.”

 

 

 

“then help me.” I looked at him, “help me to force him to go tomorrow.”

 

 

 

“Leave it to me.” He winked at me, i raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“I smell something fishy...” I said suspiciously,

 

 

“Just trust me.” He smiled mischievously.

 

I have a bad feeling about this.