Chapter 17:

My Perfect Fairytale

 

A/N:

 

Helloooooooooooooooo!

Hey hey! Hahahaha. Finally! I updated! HAHAHA. Sorry if i hadn’t. Writer’s block. Heh.

 

Oh, and i think this was the longest chapter i wrote. I guess. Microsoft word told me this document is almost 2000 words. :DD

 

I ship Ryeowook and Baek Yoon (Minjee’s friend!) HAHAHAHA :PP

I hope you’ll love this chapter. Seriously. :D

 

BE A FAN – VOTE – COMMENT!! The more feedbacks, especially votes, i’ll update early. :PP

 

Happy Reading!

 

 

Chapter 17: HIS CONFESSION.

 

Ryeowook stood up and walked towards the door of the cafe when he bumped unto someone.

The girl was cussing under her breath as she tried to clean her shirt that was spilled by the coffee she was holding when Ryeowook accidentally bump unto.

 

“I’m sorry!” Ryeowook apologized, slowly panicking.

 

The girl glared at him and then after a minute, she almost gasp.

“I-ugh, It’s o-okay, sir.” The girl bowed at him. Ryeowook got confuse and continued to stare at her,

 

The girl noticed it and stood up straight, “I’m a student from Seoul Academy, sir.”

 

And that hit him. Ofcourse, this girl will know him. She was going to the school they owned.

“A-a. Okay,” Ryeowook awkwardly said, “Hm, let me buy you a new shirt for that.” He pointed at the stain on her shirt that he caused, “I’m sorry for that.”

 

“Oh, no. It’s okay sir.”

 

“Ryeowook. Just call me Ryeowook.” He smiled at her,

 

“O-okay, R-ryeowook.” She said awkwardly.

 

“And your name is?”

 

“Baek Yoon sir, Aa-h, I mean, Ryeowook. Chang Baek Yoon”

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

“Promise i’ll come back early.” Donghae smiled.

Last night, Hyukjae called him to meet up with him in Seoul. He said it was something important. Minjee simply nodded, “Don’t miss me that much.” Donghae pinched her cheeks. She just struck a tongue out at him, acting childish.

 

Though she felt a little sad because she won’t be spending the day with Donghae, she didn’t want it to be obvious. Tomorrow’s her last day. Last day of her freedom.

For the past days, she was actually getting paranoid.

Why aren’t they searching for me?

Did they already decided to just let me on my own?

 

These are the questions that kept on repeating on her mind. It was such a surprise for her because her family, especially her dad, didn’t do anything to bring or drag her back.

She was sure they already knew where she was.

 

 

“But seriously, i promise i’ll be back.” He pulled her and planted a kiss on her forehead, “Don’t wander around while i’m gone, alright? Wait for me.”

 

He then slid inside his car and gave her a last look. He gave her a flying kiss. she giggled. Then, he drove off.

 

She sighed.

He promised. She reminded herself.

 

 

She entered the house, and before taking another step, another knock echoed the room.

It must be Donghae.

 

 

 

She excitedly opened the door,

“did y-“ She cutted her words when the figure turned. She almost grasp. “S-siwon?”

 

“Hey, Jeejee.” He smiled as his eyes shifted inside the house.

 

 

 

 

 

*Minjee’s POV*

 

“Hey, Jeejee.” My heart almost stopped beating when i heard him call me that.

 

It has been awhile since he last called me that. I’m supposed to be happy right? But it’s not that kind of emotion i am feeling right now. Because at this moment, all i feel is fear.

I’m scared. Because first, I know he came here for a reason. And maybe, that reason is to bring me back.

 

“Aren’t you going to invite me in?” He said. I shook my head, trying to make my smile convincible.

 

“You’re here because of a reason, right?” I said, directing to the point, “Let’s talk outside. Wait here. I’ll go get a jacket.”

 

I turned around and hurriedly walked. But my mind was still occupied with my thoughts. What will i tell him? Should i tell Donghae that he came here?

 

I didn’t want to be rude to Siwon. After all, he was my bestest friend, and at some point, i once had a crush on him.

But crush is different from love.

I had a crush on Siwon. But i love Donghae more.

 

 

I didn’t bother and i just took out any jacket that my hand can find. It was Donghae’s.

It still has Donghae’s scent. I felt somehow relaxed and protected.

 

 

I wore it and went back to Siwon. He was still waiting outside in the cold.

 

I sighed, and tried to look cheerful, “Wonwon, Let’s go?”

 

He smiled even wider after hearing me call him that. Using his car, we drove to a coffee shop. Being a gentleman he is, he opened the door for me as i slid out from his car. The ride wasn’t that awkward. He talked about random things.

 

When we had finally settled down, he ordered for us and after a few minutes, our coffee and two chocolate cakes arrived.

There was silence between us for a short moment.

 

I cleared my throat first before speaking, “So, What are you doing here?” He opened his mouth to answer but i interrupted him, “Wait, before you answer that, i just want to ask you first this question, how did you know where i was?”

 

I saw him hesitate if he should tell me. I stared at him innocently, and he sighed in defeat,

“Do you really think they wouldn’t know?” He said in a low tone.

 

Ofcourse, it’s already expected.

 

“So they sent you to fetch me?” I tried to make my tone neutral, but it seemed like it didn’t go unnoticed to him. He knew me very well.

 

“No,” He smiled as he looked at me right in the eyes, “Not until tomorrow.”

 

His words rang into my ears like a bell.

 

 

Not until tomorrow.

 

 

Not until tomorrow.

 

 

Not until tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

My nightmare is slowly beginning. My fantasy? It’s slowly ending.

 

My nightmare that i had been fearing. If only i could change my life and be Jung Hyemin forever. But i know it’s impossible.

After all, Reality is Reality.

 

 

I swallowed the lump on my throat that i didn’t notice was forming, “T-tomorrow?”

 

 

“Do you love him?” He suddenly asked.

 

There was no answer that was running through my mind but a simple “Yes.”

 

 

He was taken aback by my honesty. Then, he gave me a sad smile, “that finalizes the situation then.”

 

I stared at him in confusion, “Do you want me to tell you the real reason why  i’m here?”

 

I nodded but didn’t respond.

 

“I wasn’t here because they asked me to. I’m not talking to you because they wanted me to. I came here on my own will.” He started,

 

“When you were away, Donghae’s father...” He trailed off. I knew what he meant. The arranged marriage thing. The one where Donghae didn’t want. To be married to Kim Minjee. To be married... to the real me.

 

“Ryeowook told me about it. And he disagreed to the idea of it. So he told your father to not agree. But your father took it into consideration.”

 

It’s not that i don’t want to be married to donghae. But he seriously considered it? What if, I didn’t met donghae? What if, i didn’t fell inlove with him? What if... i loved another man instead of donghae? Will he still set me up with this arrange marriage thing too?

 

 

 

 

“I liked you very much, Minjee.” I was shock to hear it straight from him.

 

I like you too, Siwon... but it was before.

 

 

 

“Siwon...” I got speechless. I didn’t know what to say to him. He shook his head,

 

 

 

 

“I have liked you ever since we were kids. That time when dad told me i’ll be studying abroad, i was broke. It was because i won’t see your smiling face again. But i promised myself i‘ll come back. And when i do, i will confess my feelings for you. It never changed.” He smiled at himself, then turned to me with a sad eyes,

 

“My feelings never changed. But i guess i was too late now.” He let out a sigh,

 

I placed my hand on his, “Siwon...”

 

 

“Ryeowook knew my feelings for you. That’s why when he knew your dad considered the arranged marriage... he was also disappointed. Because he said i’m more deserving. So i thought there was only one way to stop it. If i know you have the same feelings as mine, i’ll be brave enough to face your father and fight my feelings for you...”

 

I just stared at him, bewildered at his sudden confessions.

 

“But i guess i was wrong. You love him. When i asked you earlier, i was actually hoping you would say no. But you didn’t. So i have no choice but to accept defeat. After all, it was my fault because i’m already too late.”

 

 

There was silence. I don’t even know how to respond to his confession. I sighed,

 

“I love him. But i don’t think he feels the same.” I looked down but gave him a quick glimpse. Siwon looked at me, half shock, half confuse.

 

“Why wouldn’t he? Is he dumb?” I chuckled,

 

 

“Do you believe in the saying ‘first love never dies’ ?” Siwon nodded. “Well, that what he feels right now. He still loves his first love and i’m in no position to argue with that.”

 

 

“Does he know?” he didn’t need to point out what he was referring to,

 

 

“No,” I smiled sadly, “he doesn’t need to know.”

 

 

He didn’t respond.

 

 

“Tomorrow...” I trailed off. I didn’t know how to continue my words.

 

 

“Jeejee, even if you don’t want to, you have to go back tomorrow. You can’t hide from reality forever.”

 

 

“I know... I just... I don’t know if i can leave him. Or what to tell him..”

 

Imagining leaving Donghae without any goodbye stings my heart. Because i know, it would hurt even more.

And if i did really leave him, what will i tell him?

 

 

“Then do something. Minjee, you do know how much your dad can do, right?”

 

 

“I know Siwon...”

 

 

“I’ll fetch you tomorrow. Right in this place. 7pm.”

 

 

“But-“

 

 

“Minjee.” He snapped, “You can’t hide forever. And if you really do love him, you’ll do this. Don’t you feel guilty being with him when he doesn’t even have any idea who you really are? What you are doing is deceiving and lying to him.”

 

There was another silence. I didn’t know how to answer that.

 

 

It hurts. Not because of what he said, but because all those words came from him. From him who i never expected to tell me such.

 

 

I cleared my throat, “I know he’ll found out anyway. Well, i’ll be his future fiancé, right?” I smiled bitterly.

 

Future fiancé.

I’m engage to a man i love but don’t even love me.

 

Life is complicated. I sighed.

 

 

If he knew who i am, will he still stay by my side?

 

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll still be here for you. If he won’t love you back, i’m ready to take you away from him.” He took my hand and planted a kiss on it. I didn’t know how to react.

 

I got speechless.

 

Suddenly, another hand pulled me away. His grip was tightening. My eyes widened when i saw his face. Anger visible on his eyes. He glared at Siwon. if looks could kill, Siwon would have probably six feet under the ground right now.

 

“D-donghae..” I managed to call out his name.

 

 

BE A FAN – VOTE – COMMENT!! The more feedbacks, especially votes, i’ll update early. :PP