Chapter 28:

My Perfect Fairytale

A/N: When was the last time I updated? Months ago? Haha! I know my readers might’ve hate me for it. And there’s nothing I could do but say sorry.

 

Thank you for the votes and happy 18k+ to this story. It still makes me happy that even though I’m on a very long hiatus, many still appreciates this. J

Recap of the last chapter:

“Oppa, are you happy?” The words went out of my mouth before I could think. He immediately looked at me. Both confuse and surprise.

“Are you happy?” I repeated.

 

“Ofcourse, why wouldn’t I?”

 

Liar.

 

“You  don’t need to pretend any longer, oppa. I already know about it.” I said. He smiled,

 

“Dad told you?” I nodded, “Well, I’m guessing you heard his side of the story.”

 

“his side?” I looked at him with confusion.

 

“In every story, there are always two sides. Before you start judging the situation, make sure you heard both.” He lied back, “So, shall I start telling you my side?”

 

 

Chapter 28:

 

“I don’t even know how old I was back then,” he chuckled, “but I think I was old enough to understand things. My real mom left me at a coffee shop. She said she’ll be back but she never did. The owner of the shop didn’t know what to do with me so he only had one option, to place me at a orphanage.”

 

 

His look started to go distant, maybe trying to remember that part of his childhood he tried to forget, still getting hurt at every thought of it. I continued to listen in silence,

 

 

“I was sooooo..” He looked away, gritting his teeth, “miserable. I had no friends and I was often the laughing stock at the orphanage. Then, one day, your mom came-“

 

 

Our mom,” I corrected,

 

 

“Well, she came to the orphanage. She was planning to adopt this boy, the one who often bullies me. Everything was set and done until when she came back the last time to pick him up, she saw that boy bullying me. She was so angry at him, she cancelled everything. I tried to talk to her, telling her that it was not a problem and that she should not be discourage adopting him just because of one incident, but in the end, she chose me.” the tone in his voice slowly changed. It was soft and gentle.

 

 

“I was very grateful to her though I was still feeling guilty about the other boy. But she told me it wasn’t my fault. I wanted to please her, and your dad too. Although it was very hard thing to do. Everything was fine and all, until one day, on the very day of your 6th birthday, she came back.”

 

I know who’s the ‘she’ he means. His mom. His real mom.

 

“She begged for me. She kept repeating how sorry she was and how she wants me back. I would’ve hated her, for leaving me and everything, but I just.. couldn’t. I mean, she’s still my mom, right? I would want to experience the feeling of being complete. The feeling of being accepted. And for the first time since I entered your family... I was hurt. Not just physically but emotionally. And yeah, you know the story.” He tried to hide his sadness with a smile.

 

“Oppa, why don’t you try to find her?” I don’t know how to comfort him, especially if the thing that is hurting him is a part of me.

 

“Who? My real mother? It’s only a waste of time.” He shook his head, and then stood up. “I have to leave now. I need to attend a meeting. Take care.” And with that, he left.

 

I was left hanging. I couldn’t help it but get hurt to on behalf of my brother. I tried to put myself on his situation. And if it were really me, I’d go crazy. So I decided, I can’t just sit here and do nothing.

 

I dialled the phone number and it only rang two time before the person on the other side picked it up, “Minjee-yah,” the tone of his voice immediately gentled.

 

“I need help.” I said, straight to the point.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Can you help me find someone? I don’t know who to ask help to.”

 

“Of course, who is it?”

 

“Uhm, It’s not something to be arranged to over the phone. Can we meet? If, it’s not disturbing?”

 

 

“It’s alright, I’m free now. I’ll meet you at Kona Beans.”

 

“Okay, see you. Oh, and thank you Siwon.”

 

---

 

/DH’s POV/

 

Just as I entered the house, the maids immediately approached me.

 

“Young master, you’re back. Madame and Sir...” she trailed off.

 

“She’s back?” I asked her, completely surprised. I didn’t let her finished and ran towards their room. Just as I was about to knock, I heard someone yelling.

 

“THEN WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?!” It was mom.

 

“Please, don’t make things complicated. We’re already settled in here, why do you want to migrate in Japan so bad?” Dad’s voice calm yet persuading.

 

It took be aback. Migrate? In Japan?

 

“I’M UNHAPPY IN HERE! PLEASE!” Her voice hoarse, she’s crying. “Please.”

 

I heard shuffling inside and the door suddenly opened. Both of them were shock to see me standing in there. Dad looked away and mom immediately wiped off her tears.

 

“You’re home.” Dad broke the silence.

 

“Yeah, and if I weren’t, I wouldn’t have heard it.”

 

“Tell him and ask him what he thinks.” Mom interrupted. Dad glared at her,

 

“Don’t pull him into this.” Dad said.

 

“Are you happy?” Mom didn’t listen to him. She looked at me and for the first time, I noticed how old she was slowly turning. There are already wrinkles in the side of her eyes. The eyebags didn’t help either.

 

“Why would you ask that?” I said, looking away.

 

“Cheena, Don’t get him involve.” Dad tried to stop her but instead she walked towards me and held my arm, for support I guess.

 

“Are you happy in here, son? Yes or No?” She stared straight into my eyes. And in a spilit second, everything just flashed in there. All of the miserable things I had experienced here.

 

“No.” I didn’t know why that came out of my mouth like it was always there.

 

She turned back to dad, “See? If you don’t want to, Your son and I will.” She said, no longer looking fragile but like a lady full of authority.

 

“No, you can’t do that. Your son’s getting married and he’s no longer under you. He’s independent.” Dad said, glaring at her.

 

“No, he’s getting married because you want him to! Donghae, come with me. Let’s live in Japan. And I will give you the freedom to choose whoever you want to marry.” There was a spark in her eyes as she say these words.

But I don’t want to. I maybe be unhappy like I said but only inside this house, because there was no silence. And if there was, it’s that kind of silence that would slowly eat you up until you go crazy.

 

Minjee.

 

It’s the only word that came to my mind when I think of the things that makes me happy. She, who painted my world. She, who changed me and every of my beliefs. She’s one of a kind. She’s rare to find. And she makes me happy.

 

“I can’t,” I said. The visible glint of disappointment flashed in her eyes, “Yes, I’m unhappy. You’re never here and Dad too. I tried to catch your attention by doing the things that both of you forbade me to. And it worked. All these years, all I did was that. Catch your attention. But mom, things changed. There’s already someone, even though I didn’t tell her, beg her, or ask her to, she gave me the attention I always longed for, in which you both never gave. There our hundreds of reasons why I’m unhappy but she gave me thousands of reason why I should. And I can’t just leave her, mom.”

 

Her hands slowly let go of her grip. She looks very disappointed. And just then, I notice the tear forming at the side of her eyes again. She looked away,

 

 

“Just make sure you picked the right choice, son.” And after saying that, she walked away. Leaving me and dad, alone.