Chapter 12

My Perfect Fairytale

 

Author’s note: Hellooooo! Hahaha :-) i decided to update early because... well, i love my readers. XD Sorry if there won’t be any POV for Donghae nor Minjee’s in this chappy. I want this chappy to focus first on what is happening on the other side of the world (Ryeowook’s, Minjee’s Parents, also Siwon’s :)) ) I apologize if you think this will be boring because there won’t be any of their POV but i want you to understand first what is happening. Hope you’ll read it. Don't forget to leave comments! :D Happy reading!

 

Chapter 12:

 

*Kim Ryeowook’s POV*

 

“Dad. Mom.” I finally managed to say. Both of them are now standing infront of me. Dad has both of his arms on his waist, but Mom is smiling.

“It’s nice to see you again son after such a long time.” Mom said while walking towards me to give me a hug and a kiss on my cheeks.

“Yes. It’s nice to see you at a situation like this.” Dad finally spoke. “I’ll try not to burst out and stay calm while i listen to you explain.” Dad took his seat and stared at me sharply.

I turned to Mom and she just smiled, hinting me that it will be okay. “I’m waiting.” Dad interjected.

I heavily sighed. I took a seat across Dad and faced him.

“I arrived here a month ago as you know because just like what i told you, i wanted to be there a month before Minjee’s birthday since i know, the last time i was there for her birthday was when she was still celebrating her 9th.” I explained from the start.

“After finally arriving here, i didn’t inform her. I wanted it to be a surprise. So i went to her school and pretend that i was just visiting it, but the truth is, i wanted to surprise her. And maybe i was in the right timing. I saw her being bullied.” I stopped. I stared at my parent’s surprise reaction first before continuing.

“Yes, I saw her being bullied. From afar, i saw a group of girls laughing behind a wall. I was with the principal and with a few bodyguards then. I asked him why there are group of girls there and not in class. I didn’t let him reply and instead walked over. And there, i saw Minjee all wet and covered with flour all over. Closely seeing her, I saw a healing wound beside her lip and a small bruise in her cheeks. And so, i knew she was bullied. And after awhile, i saw HIM appear.” I pointed at the newspaper, particularly on Lee Donghae’s face.

“I was about to approach the scene when he appeared. He went over there and covered her with the jacket of his school uniform. I saw Minjee stare at him and so i got curious on what was her relationship to him. I knew from the start who he was, that’s why i got intrigued about it. Finally, they noticed my presence and Minjee’s eyes widened after seeing me, especially during that scene.” I sighed, Mom and Dad’s reaction is now worried and concern. Of course they will be. It’s their precious daughter we’re talking about.

“That night, i scolded her but i guess i went too far for her to cry. So i didn’t bother to ask her about her and Donghae’s relationship. It was just that i hate seeing her getting bullied just like the time when we were young. You might have not known it because you were too busy. She was once got bullied and so i promised i won’t let it happen again. So when it did happen again, i blamed myself to it. And the next days, i secretly visited the school without telling her, just to make sure those girls aren’t bullying her again. She didn’t know that i actually asked the principal to warn those girls if they ever bully her again, the school will kick them out. I haven’t seen Donghae around with her so i thought it was just nothing and he was just helping her that day.”

“The day before the news came out about it, she didn’t sleep here. I thought she was just with her friends so i let it pass and didn’t bother asking her the next day. And that night of the party, she was nowhere to be found again. So i decided to ask her when she comes back. But before i could even ask her, the news already spread widely. And so, after seeing it, I got so angry i scolded her.”

Dad seemed quite satisfy with my explanation. The only reaction he has now is worried because of the part where Minjee getting bullied. He stood up, “Is she in her room now? I need to talk to her.” He said.

“That’s the problem.” I said, “After getting scolded by me, she childishly ran away.” Dad’s eyes widened, even Mom’s.

“Call the police! Call the media! Call anyone who can help finding her!” Mom panicked. Dad took out his phone and was about to make a call when i stopped him.

“Don’t.” I said. “I know where she is now.”

“Where?” Mom asked, sighing in relief.

“M..Mokpo.” I told them. Mom’s eyes widened and Dad suddenly looked away. Sure, just hearing that place will bring back stupid memories that was supposed to be forgotten ages ago but couldn’t.

“What is she doing there?!” Mom’s voice rose. Dad looked at me again, expecting an answer.

“I don’t know why or how. But the Private Investigator told me she was... with him.” I pointed at Lee Donghae’s face again in the newspaper. This time, the disappointment in Dad’s face was too obvious and visible. Mom got speechless.

“Then tell that investigator to drag her back here!” Dad commanded.

“Don’t.” I disagreed. “Trust me, she’ll be back.”

“And how sure are you?!”

“I know her well enough more than you.” I told him. Before he can speak again, his mobile phone rang. He fished out his phone and raised an eyebrow as he stared back at me and mom after seeing the name. Mom took a glance at the name and raised her eyebrow too. “Mr. Lee?” She mumbled.

“Hello Mr. Lee.” Dad greeted at the man on the other line. There was a pause for awhile and Dad spoke again, “Alright. Conference room. 6pm.” After hearing maybe the answer of Mr. Lee, he then hung up.

“He wants to meet up.” Dad informed.

“Why?” Mom asked.

“That’s why I’m going. I have to know his reason.”

“Maybe i know why.” I interjected. It is obvious actually. Arrange meeting of his son. They both turned at me, “Why?”

“Go there and know it yourself.”  I said and left. I went to up to my room/office. I sat back at my leather chair when my phone suddenly rang. I took it out and after seeing the name, without any hesitations, i answered it.

“Siwon! Finally you decided to call.” I greeted.

“Ryeowook-ah! It’s good that i can finally talk to you! So, how are things lately?”

“Not pretty good. You saw the news, didn’t you?”

“Well-yeah.”

“She’s so stubborn i don’t know what’ll do with her. I didn’t even know she was at that stupid party. Tsc. So, by the way, when did you come back?”

“Just last week.”

“Aah. It’s good to hear. We should have lunch together next time.”

“Sure,”

“Siwon-ah, I got to go. I have an appointment. See you soon!”

“Okay, Bye.”

 

 

*Choi Siwon’s POV*

After Ryeowook hung up, i closed my phone and placed it beside the newspapers on my desk. I clutched my hands as i continue to stare at it.

 

[Hottest news!] The Lee family + Lee Donghae's girlfriend (or rather, Fiancé?)

[Latest news] The almighty Kim So Hyun is now back in Korea!

 

Since when did the media started to focus on these families? All i ever read and hear on news since are all about them. If not for Mr. Kim’s updates, it would be to those of the Lee’s. And if not of the two, it would about the other business men. Tsc.

I was in the middle of my reverie while staring the newspapers when my phone beep.

From: Ryeowook

Siwon-ah. Could you help me on something?

 

To: Ryeowook

Sure, i’d glad to. What is it?

 

From: Ryeowook

Actually, Minjee ran away since yesterday.. maybe because i scolded her about the article. You know how childish she can be. And i wanted to ask you a favor related to her. Do you think you could do it?

 

To: Ryeowook

What?! Okay, i’ll try my best. Why? What is it?

 

From: Ryeowook

You aren’t that busy, right? I know where Minjee is right now.. I don’t want you to go over there immediately but could you please look after her just for a few days? I’m too busy especially that Mr. Kim’s here right now. Don’t let her see you. Just.. Spy on her.

 

To: Ryeowook

Spy on her? Why? Can’t you just go to her right there and make her come home? And it’s not that i can’t do it. I’m just curious why you can’t do it in such simple way.

 

From: Ryeowook

You know how stubborn she is. And it’s just for a few days. Let her enjoy her limited freedom before her 17th birthday.. I just want someone i know i could trust to look out for her for awhile. Especially that... She’s with HIM now.

 

With HIM? Don’t tell me...

 

To: Ryeowook

HIM? Who??

 

From: Ryeowook

Lee Donghae.