Chapter 7:

My Perfect Fairytale

 

Chapter 7:


Min Jee stood senselessly at the center of the crowd surrounding her. Today was yet another one of those event their student council would usually held. And if it wasn't for Donghae who keeps bothering her to go and accompany him somewhere, she would have been at home by now, sleeping and skipping the whole event.

She isn't really a socialite person. In fact, even in their small family gatherings, she would get bored and irritated easily especially when the topic would be all about money, investments and any other other talks about bussiness. 

The only person that would entertain her would either be her brother or her childhood friend, Siwon. Choi Siwon is the youngest and only son of her parent's closest friends, the Choi's, in which they already even considered them as part of their family. 

Since they were young, Both of them were so close that even both their parents thought of getting them married someday. Even Ryeowook and Jiwon, Siwon's younger sister, wants them to end up together. But because of Mr. Choi's decision, Siwon was forced to go to Canada to further his studies along with Sooyeon.

Min Jee snapped back to reality when she heard someone calling her. She turned around and smiled when she saw Baek Yoon approaching her.

"Woah! Look at you. What did you ate that made you come here?" She sarcastically asked as she softly punched Min Jee in the arm. She knew Min Jee too much. And it surprised her to see her there.

"Just. Something." She smiled. Baek Yoon stared at her suspiciously and tried to read her eyes. She was about to speak when another voice interrupted.

"Hye Min!" 

Both of them turned around and Baek Yoon's eyes widened when she saw the smiling figure infront of them. She quickly glanced back at Min Jee, expecting an explanation. But like the last time, Min Jee just bid her goodbye and left. 

-

"Sorry i was late. My father called me to meet up with him." Donghae explained.

"It's okay." Min Jee smiled. "Where are we going?" She then added when she realized they were walking towards the school gates.

"Mokpo." He simply answered with a smirk, making her confused but when it finally got to her mind...

"What?! Mokpo? Why are we going there??" She stopped in her tracks and found herself at panic. Her parents never let her go there. And if they knew she went there, in which her parents always said to never come, they will surely send her abroad.

She always thought as to why her parents wouldn't let her. They would agree to let her go anywhere else she wants, even outside the country, but not in Mokpo. It's not like something happened there or anything, right? Besides, it was her birthplace. They had lived there way before they moved to Seoul when she was 6. and even until now, she doesn't know why. Her parents would tell her either.

"Is there a problem?" Donghae stopped and turned at her, raising an eyebrow. 

"N-nothing. It's just that.. I remembered, i have something to do at home." She lied and was about to leave when Donghae pulled her to him and held her hand.

"You're not going anywhere." He smirked and pulled her to walk with him. Min Jee stared at him, blushing at his sudden skinship. She guess she doesn't have a choice but to follow him.

-

"We're here." Donghae softly whispered as he wake her up. She opened her eyes and quickly turned pink when she realized she fell asleep at Donghae's shoulder.

When both of them got out of the bus, Donghae's smile got even wider.
"Are you really that happy?" She teased. Donghae turned at her and nodded joyfully. 

As they walked at the almost empty streets in mokpo, it makes her wonder why her parents wouldn't let her come at such peaceful place. She might not remember most of the place, but she always knew it was beautiful. She was really thankful Donghae bought her there.

"Wait." Donghae stopped in his tracks at a playground beside a nursery school. She smiled when she saw kids playing around. It made her reminisce her childhood years with Siwon. Her smile got even wider when she saw Donghae went and played with them.
But as her eyes rolled around the place, she noticed the place was familiar. She doesn't know why, but she felt like she had been there before.

"Unnie.." A cute little girl called as she softly slapped her arm to get her attention. When she bent down to face her, and the little girl handed her a single red rose. 

"Oppa said to give it to you." The little girl said as she pointed at Donghae's direction. He smiled and winked at her. Min Jee blushed and whispered something at the little girl which made her giggle, making Donghae confuse.

The little girl then went to Donghae, who was now itching to know what had Min Jee told her.
"Nana-yah. What did unnie told you?" He bent down and cutely asked the little girl as he pinched her fluffy cheeks.
And in a split second, the little girl planted a kiss on his cheeks.

"Unnie said to give you a kiss on the cheeks and say thank you on behalf of her." She giggled. Donghae turned to Min Jee who in return gave him a wink and smiled.

"Oppa." The little girl placed both of her hands on his face to get his attention back. "Do you like her?" the little girl asked him. His eyes widened, surprised at what she had asked.

"What? Why would you say that?"

"Oppa. You're being too obvious that even a little girl like me could notice." the little girl replied before running back towards the group of kids playing at the corner. and Donghae could just simply smile.

*

It was already dark but they were still at the playground. There were no more kids around anymore and only the two of them are left. "Aren't we going home?" Min Jee asked. It was a tiring day for her, especially because she played with the kids earlier.

"Can't we stay here for alittle while? Besides, The old house that were going to stay and sleep tonight isn't far away fr-"

"What? We're not going back in Seoul??"

"Yah. There are no more bus at this hour. We can just take the first one tomorrow."

Min Jee sighed. She felt like Donghae's was punishing her. It's was so cold yet he refused to go home. and worse, they aren't going back to Seoul. but it's not as if she could do something, right?

"Are you cold?" Donghae gently asked as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and rubbed his palm on her skin to create heat and make her warm.

"Donghae.." She called. "What are we even doing here? We've been here for almost 7hours now. Are you waiting for something? someone? " She added. Donghae made a heavy sigh. 

"Mmm. Remember what i told you earlier that i met with my father?" Min Jee nodded.

"He wants me to get married and he said he wants me to bring someone worthy to be my wife at the party tomorrow night. So that's why i'm waiting for that someone here."

Her eyes widened, obviously surprised on what had Donghae told her. And it even stabbed her heart to know that all along, Donghae's heart was already owned. She likes him. But now she knew he can never like her back. 

"But i doubt that she will come. So that's why i bought you here. I want to ask you a favor." He added.

"What favor?"

"My father said that if i don't bring someone tomorrow, he will set me on an Arrange marriage. So please, can you atleast pretend to be that someone tomorrow at the party?"