Chapter 20 part 2:

My Perfect Fairytale

 

A/N: Okay, so far this was the longest chapter i wrote for this story. Hihi yey! Finally, i can start writing what everyone’s waiting for after this! the next chapter! The birthday bash! Hahahaha

This story will be until Chapter 30. Awww. Haha love you all. Promise, after the birthday bash, expect the more sweet and romantic donghae. Lol! (spoiler alert!!!!!) kidding! :D

 

Thank you readers for supporting this fic. You all don’t know how much it means to me.

Chapter dedicated to niCxkie_09 :) Hey there! Thank you so much for reading and supporting my fanfics. Just... i don’t know what to say. Thank you. Thank you. :)

 

And also to all my readers of course. *bows in 90 degress* THANK YOU. :)

 

And next chapter, chapter 21,  the first part for the birthday bash will be dedic to my friend Lz reyes. Hi z! Hahaha :D

And for chapter 22, the second part for the birthday bash will be dedic to.... i don’t know. Hahaha just comment if you want me to dedic it to you. C:

 

 

That would be all.

Enjoy reading! Don’t forget to vote and leave comments! :3

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 20 part two: It was more than that.

 

 

 

After my encounter with Hyukjae, all i needed to do was trust him. Trust him that tomorrow, all will go as what he had planned, what he had said.

 

 

I came home about 3 minutes left before 9:30. It still counts. At least it wasn’t pass the curfew.

 

 

 

When i entered the house, my parents weren’t home. Mom was at her office and dad was still probably with Mr. Lee.

 

 

 

 

I walked pass by the living room, but immediately stopped after being called by Ryeowook. I turned at him, he smiled and gestured me to sit with him in the couch.

 

 

I walked towards him and sat beside him like he wanted me to. We’ve stayed like that in silence. No one is talking, just comfortably sitting beside each other.

 

 

 

“Do you still remember?” He finally asked, breaking the silence. I looked at him in confusion.

 

 

“Do you still remember when we were kids, when we first moved here in Seoul? We were often bullied and made fun by the Seoul kids because of our Mokpo accent...” He trailed off. Of course, i remember. Who would forget that? Your brother saving you from the bullies and anyone who would want to hurt you.

 

 

He sighed.

“I’m really sorry.” He said, “I’m sorry because of the last time..”

 

 

I shrugged, “It’s okay oppa. I understand you. You were only doing it for my sake.”

 

 

 

 

He pulled me towards him. I was welcomed by my brother’s embrace. How long did he last hug me? Was it from the first time we saw each other after he came back from New York? Heck no. He even scolded me that time because for how many years, he once again witnessed his sister being bullied.

 

 

Ah, now i remember, it was from when he came back from New York after he graduated college. After how many years, it was the first time he had hugged me since he left.

 

 

 

I hugged him back.

 

 

“Do you remember when we were just kids back in mokpo? We would always hug each other like this, whenever and wherever we are.” I smiled at what he said.

 

As kids, Ryeowook and I are really close. We were inseparable. It only changed when we moved here in seoul.

 

 

When we moved here in seoul.

 

 

That’s  still a mystery to me. What was the reason why we moved to Seoul? Come to think of it, our lives back in Mokpo wasn’t that bad, although it wasn’t as prosperous as what we have right now, but it was a feeling of contentment.

 

 

Though we aren’t as wealthy as we are now back then, at least i have my parents beside me. Right now, i can’t even get them to attend my recognition.

 

 

 

“Uhm, i just want to ask this..” i said when Ryeowook had let me go, “it’s not really important, i was just curious.”

 

 

“What is it?” He looked at me and his smile assured me.

 

 

 

“i...was just curious.. we weren’t that poor but weren’t that rich either but, why did we have to move here in Seoul?”

 

 

 

He seemed taken aback by my question, a sign that something is not right.

 

 

He looked away, his smile slowly fading, “I don’t think i’m in the right position to tell you and i guess the person you should ask about that is dad.”

 

He smiled once again before standing up, “I have to go now. I have an appointment at 10pm. Rest well. Goodnight.” He kissed my forehead before finally leaving.

 

 

Alone, again.

 

 

I sighed and stood up, but before i can take a step, i heard the door slam. I turned around,

 

 

“Dad,” I smiled. He smiled back and walked towards me.

 

 

 

“How come you are still awake? You should get a beauty sleep. It’s your birthday tomorrow and your first appearance in the media, so you should look beautiful.” He said.

 

 

“I’m always beautiful dad. It runs in our blood. I don’t even know what happened to oppa why he isn’t as handsome as you.” I chuckled at my own joke and hugged him, but dad seemed to stiffen at my comment.

 

 

That’s odd.

 

 

I heard him sigh, he pulled me back, “There’s something you have to know.” He said.

 

 

 

Before he could start, “Wait dad, before that, i have a question.” We both sat down on the couch,

 

 

“i was just curious, i asked this to oppa but he said it’s better to ask you about it. Why did we moved here in Seoul?” I asked. His eyes widened for awhile.

 

 

He sighed, “I was getting myself ready to answer that question that’s why i didn’t go to Mokpo as soon as i knew you were there.”

 

 

 

 

It made me even curious. What was the reason exactly?

 

 

 

 

I didn’t say anything and let him continue,

 

 

 

 

“You see...” he said, chuckling a little, “how should i say this?” He scratched his head. It was the same gesture dad would do when he doesn’t know what to do.

 

 

 

 

“before you were born, your mom always wanted to have a son before a daughter, she said so that when both of them grew up, the brother would protect and unconditionally love his younger sister.”

 

 

 

 

Just like Ryeowook and I.

 

 

 

 

 

I smiled at that thought.

 

 

 

“So when your mom got pregnant, she was really eager to know if it was a boy or a girl. I was too. So when your mom’s tummy got bigger, we immediately went to the doctor to have it checked if it was a boy or a girl. And it turned out.... it was a girl.”

 

 

 

 

Everything seems a mess in my head right now. A girl? Does that mean i’m older than Ryeowook? It’s impossible.

 

 

 

 

 

My dad looked at me and he seem to notice i’m still confused.

 

 

 

“So your mom was kind of disappointed. He really wanted to have an older son first. Then one day, only three months before that baby is going to be born, your mom came home with little boy.” He said.

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean?” I raised an eyebrow at him. Now, i’m slowly getting the situation he was trying to point out.

 

 

 

 

“Because i was too busy with work, she secretly processed the adoption papers for that little boy. So i said to myself, ‘ah, it must be the reason why she is always out.’ So even though i was against it, I didn’t stop her because i saw how happy she was, especially when the new born baby girl was really loved by the little boy.”

 

 

 

 

 

Tears slowly formed at the end of my eyes.

 

 

 

The truth. it was the only two words my mind is screaming inside my head right now.

 

 

 

 

 

But at the moment, dad was still oblivious that anytime soon, i might start to cry.

 

 

 

“As time goes by, on that daughter’s 6th birthday, before the party starts, the mom of that little boy came. She came to us, begging to have her son back. But your mom refused, she loved his son he can’t give her back to him when in the first place, she left him.”

 

 

 

Tears finally shed down my cheeks.

 

 

 

Sympathy. Pity. That was all i could feel right now. I quickly wiped my tears away before dad could see it.

 

 

 

 

“D-did oppa knew about this?” i said, trying to sound normal.

 

 

 

“He knew everything because he was also there.” I was taken aback, “His mom was begging, kneeling infront of him. But because of my selfishness and my dream to make my family, especially your mom happy, i dragged him to his room. During that time, he kept saying ‘i want to go with my real mother’ repeating these words while trying to pull his hand from my hold.

 

 

 

I was really selfish, so i did what i regretted the most... even until now.” Dad’s tears was threatening to fall, i was about to ask him not to finish it but he continued,

 

 

 

“I pushed him on the wall, so he fell down, groaning with hurt.” This time, his tears finally fell, “I even yelled at him. I said ‘you are not going anywhere! I clothed you! I fed you! I even let you go to school! And now you’re turning back from me? You don’t have any debt of gratitude!’” He wiped his tears, and sighed, “I was yelling at him like a crazy man, until he finally obeyed. So, i decided to move here, away from that place.”

 

 

 

Tears seem to continue flowing from both of our eyes, i couldn’t believe what i’m hearing right now. I couldn’t believe dad can do that.

 

 

 

 

“So that’s why, right now, i can’t even make myself be completely happy. Because i know, deep inside, he has this grudge towards me because i took away his opportunity to meet and be with his mother.”

 

 

 

 

I wiped my tears, “Is that why oppa doesn’t come home often since we moved here?” He nodded.

 

 

 

 

So that’s why. That’s why oppa always seem to exclude himself from the family, especially during family gatherings and events. When he started highschool, he lived separately from us. He lived in a dorm. His reason was so he’d know how to be independent, but to think about it right now, it was more than that.

 

 

 

He went abroad for college, and during those times, he completely disconnected all the communications with us. I didn’t understand back then. I only thought he was busy. But it was more than that.

 

 

 

Dad hugged me, “I’m really sorry minjee. Your dad is really a bad person.” I embraced him back,

 

 

 

“No you’re not. You only did it for our family.” I sighed.

 

 

 

I blamed myself even more. If it wasn’t for me, mom and dad wouldn’t have to take him away from his real mother. If it wasn’t for me, right now, he would be happy with his real parents. If it wasn’t for me.... he’ll really be happy right now.

 

 

 

 

 

I know it wasn’t my fault, but i’m the reason for it. IF IT WASN’T FOR ME.

 

 

 

I sighed. Now, i don’t even know how to face my brother knowing the truth.

 

 

 

“You need to rest now dad. You must be tired from all that business talking you had with Mr. Lee earlier.” I changed the subject. He nodded,

 

 

 

“Tomorrow’s a big day. We need to get ourselves ready.” I stood up and kissed his cheeks, “and you already gave me the best gift. Good night dad.”

 

 

I hugged him tightly before letting go. I gave him a weak smile then walked away.

 

“Good night, my princess.” I heard him mumble.

 

 

I can’t changed what has already happened. As of now, i don’t think i can do anything. But i know, i have to do something.