Chapter 24:

My Perfect Fairytale

 

Chapter 24: One call.

 

 

The whole ride was quiet and awkward. I didn’t even try to speak to him. I was too shy to ask him about what my mother told him.

 

 

I felt really uncomfortable, especially because of the two bodyguards with us. Today will be the first time I’ll go to school, not as Jung Hyemin anymore, but as Kim Minjee. So don’t get confuse why I have these bodyguards with me right now. You know... rich thing.

 

 

And I was also told that Donghae will be by my side, sticking like a lizard, every day, every hour, every minute, and every second wherever I am. Crazy, right? The person I’ll be with for as long as they want me to, will be him.

 

 

We stopped by at a fast food restaurant to buy me a meal then went straight to school. And still, I didn’t talk to him.

 

 

 

Finally, the car stopped. And the car was immediately surrounded by the press. Cameras clicking and Questions ready. I was about to open the door when one of the bodyguards stopped me.

 

“Young miss, don’t.” He said, then the gates of the school opened. Almost ten bodyguards surrounded the car, siding the press to let us in. I sigh.

 

I know I should get used to this. But I don’t think I can’t for now. It’s all new to me.

 

 

Another warm and soft hand landed on mine. I immediately diverted my attention to its owner. Donghae smiled apologetically at me.

 

“Sorry for all this fuss. You’ll get used to it. Believe me.” He smiled. I smiled back, then tightly held back his hand, filling the spaces between his fingers.

 

 

 

When both of us got out of the car, the students who are simply passing by or just standing near us, immediately bowed in complete 90 degrees.

 

 

I looked up, frowning. “Why are they doing that? It’s not like I’m a god or something.”

 

 

 

Donghae smiled a little, “That’s because you are the daughter of the school, silly.” He pinched my cheeks.

 

We walked our way to our classroom, holding each other hand. We are engaged anyway. and just like what happened in the parking lot earlier, the students that we passed by, bowed in respect.

 

 

I tried to ignore the uncomfortable feeling as I can.

 

 

 

When we arrived at the classroom, the atmosphere immediately got quiet. Everyone was looking at us, but never said anything. There goes another awkward atmosphere.

 

 

I sat on my usual seat, and Donghae on his.

 

 

“She’s Kim Minjee? Wow. I can’t even believe it.”

“Yeah, me too. I thought Minjee was beautiful, but her? Really?”

“I agree. They said she looked like a goddess. More like a pauper.”

“And her? Engaged to Donghae oppa? Unbelievable!”

“She looks more like Donghae oppa’s maid.”

 

Then those ignorants laughed.  They weren’t whispering, and I know they wanted me to hear their conversation purposely.

 

 

I’m the daughter of the owner of this school. If I let myself get bullied by them when I was still Jung Hyemin, I won’t let them do that to Kim Minjee.

 

 

I stood up, then another complete silence filled the room. I turned to face those girls who talked behind my back.

 

 

“What are your names?” I said coldly, pointing at two girls. I know they were my classmates but I never tried to know them anyway.

 

 

 

“Why does it matter to you?!” She yelled. There was a loud gasp in the room, “Just because you’re rich, you think you can get everything you want?” Her friend laughed in a mocking way, “Sorry, but I don’t think so.”

 

 

 

There was silence. Then, in just a blink of an eye, Donghae was already beside me. “YA! DON’T YOU DARE TALK TO MY FIANCE LIKE THAT!” the anger was totally obvious in his eyes,

 

 

 

“WHY OPPA?! JUST BECAUSE SHE’S HELL RICH THAT’S WHY SHE BECAME YOUR FIANCE, RIGHT?” She stood up, her tears forming in her eyes. “I LOVE YOU OPPA! PLEASE DON’T MARRY HER!” She yelled more, her voice starts to crack from her cries.

 

 

Donghae clutched his hands, trying to surpress his anger. He looked sharply at her. His jaw clenched. Too angry.

 

 

I held his hand, then his eyes immediately bore into mine. I smiled weakly then shook my head.

 

 

“Pathetic.” I said as I looked at the girl. She still had tears in her eyes. “Very pathetic and desperate.” She flustered at my words. I took my mobile phone out of my pocket and showed it to her.

 

 

“See this? Just one call,” I smirked, “And both of you are out of this school.” Their face paled at my words, “And with just one call, the two of you will be banned in any school here in Korea.” Their eyes widened in shock.

 

“So don’t tell me that I don’t get everything I want, because with just one call, I can have everything I want. Even the moon and the stars.” I winked at them, then pulled Donghae out.

 

 

But before we can finally get out of the room, “Listen everyone!” I yelled. All of their attention diverted to me.

 

I showed them my phone, “Remember this. With just one call, I can get whatever I want. So don’t even dare to make a wrong move.” I heard the two girls plead for my forgiveness but I didn’t mind them.

 

 

 

 

Donghae and I arrived at the back of the school. The garden. The place where we first met. The anger that filled me earlier, completely faded in a second after seeing the place. Nothing changed.

 

 

I smiled as Donghae pulled me towards the tree. Our favourite place to sleep. I sat and leaned back against the tree as Donghae lied down, his head on my lap.

 

Both of us are looking at each other’s eyes, as I play with his hair.

 

“So, with just one call, you can get everything you want?” He smiled mischievously. I nodded,

 

 

“Yes. And with just one call,” I pinched his cheek, “I can get you and i married wherever church in the world. That’s how powerful and influential I am.” I grinned.

 

 

“Then, if that’s the case,” He took my hand that was touching his face, then gently placed a kiss on it, “Can you make that one call right now?” He smiled.

 

 

I felt my face reddened. He really does want to get married to me, does he? It immediately reminded me of our talk after my party..

 

 

 

 

-Flashback, after the Minjee’s Masquerade party-

 

 

 

“Please, let’s talk.” I kept on running away from him, but unfortunately, he caught me. I sighed, then turned to face him.

 

 

“If what you want to talk to me is about the marriage thing, don’t worry, I-“ My eyes widened when he suddenly kneeled. Both knees, looking down.

 

 

“I-- what are you doing?!” I yelled at him in disbelief, “Is that how much you want to cancel this marriage? Kneeling in front of me to beg?”

 

 

He finally looked up, and If i wasn’t mistaken, there was pain in his eyes. Tears on his cheeks continued to flow.

 

 

“That’s why I’m kneeling. I’m begging you.” I was about to say something when he interrupted me, “Please, forgive me. Take me back. I’m begging you right now, please take me back. Love me again.”

 

 

 

I was in shock at his words, and it got me totally speechless.

 

 

 

“Please, I’m begging you. I’ll do everything. I don’t know why, but I’ve come to realized that I wanted this marriage so badly. So badly I’d fight for whoever, or whatever comes in our way. Please.” His eyes, pained. “I love you.”

 

 

 

My heart started beating very fast it’s about to explode. It was only those three words that I wanted to hear from him.

 

I smiled, lowered my body so our head will be on the same level, “I love you too. It never changed.” Then, I planted a soft kiss on his lips.

 

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: HOHOHOHO! 10 votes for the next chapter. Haha. :P

Sorry for the Super Duper late update. Hihi. I’m really busy, I hope you understand. Love you all! Don’t forget to vote and comment! Be a fan too! :-) Love you all! -author