Her Bitter Past

Fighting Over Seoul and Your Heart

So I

 

I waited for Jungsu oppa to arrive, and he did. “Minyoung-ah, you look sad today.” He said. I smiled a little. I was about to tell say something when the bell rang. “You can tell me later.” He said and took me to my class.

 

My day was gloomy. I never found out why my parents had to be killed. I guess that Minjoo guy was a loan shark and my parents were unable to pay them back.

 

{Jungsu’s POV}

I saw Minyoung who looked miserable compared to any other day. “Minyoung-ah,” I called her attention and she looked at me.

 

“Leeteuk oppa,” she said. I was surprised that she finally called me ‘Leeteuk oppa’, but I’m more worried by just looking at her. “Let’s go somewhere quieter, like what you prefer.” And she nodded.

 

We arrived at the park, and we sat at a bench. “Where were you the other night? I was calling you, but you weren’t picking up.” I said. “I found out what happened to my parents.” She stated. I was shocked with her sudden words. “I remember everything now, to what happened to my parents.” She continued.

 

-----FLASHBACK-----

(3rd person’s POV)

 

She was playing with her toys in their living room as her mom was smiling at her as she cooks lunch.

 

“Aigoo~ My daughter is a grown up child now.” Her father hugged her and carried her. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and her father dropped her and opened the door. His smile faded the when he saw who was at the door.

 

“Hwang Minjoo,” he whispered. She looked at her father and a gun fired at him. “APPA!” She ran towards her appa but her mother stopped her. “Don’t go to your appa.” Her mother said and all she could do was cry.

 

“Now, you.” The guy named Minjoo aimed at the gun at her mother. “Run my child. Run outside,” those were the last words her mother told her. She was running towards the outside of their house, when she heard the sound of gunfire again. “OMMA!’ She yelled as she turned back to see her mother lying on the ground with blood on her head. She hid at a bush as she continued crying and looking at the boys destroy their house.

 

“Burn this empty hole!” One guy yelled. She watched as the guys burn their houses, and the worst part is they left your parents inside. “Omma! Appa!” she continued to yell even though no one cared.

 

At an early life, she was welcomed to the world of violence. She stood up and it was then that she started to live on the streets, stealing money and others’ items. She became violent and never smiled nor laughed ever since.

-----END OF FLASHBACK-----

 

She’s crying her heart out unto me. “I hate that guy! I hate that guy! I hate that guy!” She said as she took out her anger in me by punching me. “He killed my parents and burned them within the house!” She said as she cried her heart out. My clothes were already drenched with her tears, but it doesn’t matter.

 

I wrapped my arms around her and I was expecting her to do nothing, but unexpectedly, she wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her face on my shoulder. I her hair. I never thought this is how her life has been. I thought her story was already bad, coming from the streets. But hearing her story made me feel that she needs me now. I don’t ever want to let go of her.

 

“Lee Minyoung, I, Park Jungsu will never hurt you and leave you. Even if you don’t believe me, I’ll keep this promise. Trust me,” I told her. I just hope you trust my heart too, because I’m serious with what I’m feeling for you.