Boyfriend

It (does)n’t happen - intermediate -

 

 

Untitledhhy423.png

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re not cheating, are you?” Minho asked in an accusing tone, giving Jinki a light elbow to the side while he slouched on the couch beside the older. 
 
“No no,” Jinki laughed, trying to sound as innocent as possible. He wasn’t cheating, or rather not completely. Mostly honest, he just didn’t have the time for the game so he took a few helpful ‘tips’ from other players online. A tiny white lie.
 
Minho frowned at his cellphone. “How is your score this high already?”
 
Jinki shrugged and pressed more buttons on his own cellphone, casually playing the game again – the game he was basically beating Minho at. His legs kicked off the couch and he grinned widely, pleased at the new points gained to add to his already high score.
 
“I’ll catch up, you know. I won’t lose.” Minho gave a little smug attitude, setting up his cellphone game for play and to gain more points. It’s only a matter of minutes before he’s whining and falling over the length of the couch dramatically over a silly video game. “I can’t catch up!”
 
With another shrug, Jinki continued his game while glancing raised eyebrows at Minho, who was now laying over the couch, phone in the air to play the game once more.
 
“Hyung is still below me though,” Minho laughed, obviously pleased knowing he had a better score than his brother. Minseok wasn’t playing it nearly as much either though, Jinki knew.
 
Minho’s mother stepped into the living room to announce dinner plans while Minho waved a victory fist in the air, excited with his suddenly rising game score.
 
Jinki bowed at the mother with a small smile, thanking her for inviting him for dinner again. He leaned back in is comfy seat and continued playing while he and Minho tried to trash-talk each other out of good scores.
 
Happy, lazy weekends like this with a friend were worth a lot these days.
 
When Jinki’s phone buzzed for a call, he took it with a wide smile. He felt a little nervous being that Minho was close by, but the younger didn’t seem to pay any mind, instead focused on his game play. Jinki cheerfully spoke with the new woman he was still getting to know – a relationship he was taking slow this time. He wanted it to work for real now, no more of that awkward casual dating.
 
The young women asked Jinki to come to her home to meet her parents that evening. Jinki sided-eyed Minho before nodding and vocalizing a yes he would come. With a deep bow, Jinki excused himself from dinner with the family and left early, only getting a distracted wave goodbye from Minho and a shouted challenge, “I’ll beat you!”
 
The door closed behind Jinki and he silently glanced at Minho’s home one last time before swinging the gate open and walking for home to get ready for his dinner date with a calm smile. Or sort of calm, now he was nervous about making a good impression – the concerning ‘good boyfriend’ stuff. 
 
That evening Jinki turned his phone off and forgot about it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------
Readers freaking out about the 'onho' should calm down, cause the story isn't over yet. If you're just here for the onho period, for as much as I've worked on this piece, I would be very disappointed. For me, this story isn't about getting the two together asap. I guess you could go read other onho fic if you want them hooking up right away. That's not what this story is about. Sorry.