Catch

It (does)n’t happen - intermediate -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, you can’t.”
 
“Yes I can.”
 
“You can’t catch me, I’m bigger than you.”
 
“I’ll catch you, come on~.”
 
Jinki’s pout he tried to guilt Minho with was soon turning to a frown. He held his arms out, shaking them, waiting. Minho was looking down at him from the empty play structure Minho had giddily climbed all over when they walked through the park in warm weather after a late school day. Now, Minho stood high with Jinki telling him to jump down already.
 
Minho looked thoughtful – possibly scared. That worried Jinki now, he didn’t want Minho to feel bad about it. He opened his mouth and his eyes softened, forcefulness pushed away. “Minho-yah. You don’t ha- uufffff!
 
Minho had jump, landing in Jinki’s arms, but also taking them both to the ground at the same time. Minho pushed himself up with a groan that wasn’t nearly as loud as Jinki’s whiny one. 
 
“Hyung, I told you..” Minho’s low voice sounded annoyed and slightly concerned.
 
Jinki turned his head, barely brushing his lips over Minho’s that were so temptingly close, not really listening to his friend. Jinki’s arms tightened around Minho in a hug and he laughed. “I caught you though. See~?”
 
“Ahh..” Minho relaxed in Jinki’s arms and he laughed too. “You did.”
 
Jinki almost pressed his lips to Minho’s, not caring about the public place they were in. Minho was good at that, making Jinki forget about consequence because he mattered more. Minho’s relaxed state this day made it that much harder for him.
 
Minho’s head dipped again while he turned it, lips hardly brushing Jinki’s, then Minho was pushing himself up from the ground and helping Jinki to his feet, sweetly smiling at Jinki the whole time. Jinki tried to dust Minho’s school uniform clean, as if he were the dirty one, while they started for home again. Minho returned the favor to Jinki’s messy clothes.
 
Jinki bumped shoulders with his friend, teeth pressing into his bottom lip in hopes of kissing Minho again, even if only in private places for a short while. It was close, he could feel it. He just needed to wait for the right moment. Jinki’s hand brushed Minho in a testing manner. Minho didn’t flinch. He looked to Jinki, grinning like a goof, then he shot off ahead off Jinki in a sudden race Jinki couldn’t win.
 
Days later, Jinki was right. Their mouths met in a quick, sloppy kiss while hidden away from anyone who could possibly see. Jinki still smiled though, pulling back while biting his lips. Minho’s head lowered but Jinki could still see the small smile behind long hair.
 
Jinki waited for their mouths too meet again. Because they would, it was only a matter of time. In a still unfamiliar emotion, Jinki craved to taste more of the younger. He hoped he could.
 
Sometimes, when the thought got too intense, Jinki would suddenly remember dreams of a broken friendship and quickly distract himself with something else. 
 
Anything else. 
 
Please.